Accounts Payable Analyst Job Description Sample
What Does an Accounts Payable Analyst Do?
An accounts payable analyst has the responsibility to ensure that the reporting, evaluating, and processing of payments’ expense records are done accurately in a company.
He/she is required to get the job done promptly to foster better customer relationship and to further the profit making goal of the organization.
They are primarily employed by organizations and are given a job description that entails auditing and reviewing expense reports of the company.
Other duties they perform include auditing a company’s invoice to ensure adherence to payment by all concerned, which is the root of a company’s profitability.
The accounts payable analyst is required by the organization to promptly verify any of the forwarding expenditure accounts accrued to the organization and to ensure such report is accurate.
The analyst’s role also involves coding the organization’s general ledger account. Proper vetting of receipt to the organization, as well as a number of other tasks, is what the accounts payable analyst is required to handle.
Very importantly, it is the duty of the payable analyst to ensure that vendors of the organization should physically visit the company to establish a hitch-free process for the smooth running of its business operations.
If any vendor has queries regarding the company’s operation, it is the responsibility of the analyst to get such queries resolved on behalf of the company.
The organization most times needs to meet up with strict targets in weekly payment and it is important that the accounts payable analyst handles his/her end of the deal promptly to enable the organization actualize such targets.
Furthermore, analyst is required to handle any issue relating to vendor adherence to company’s terms. Being in charge of coding, he/she must get it supervised to ensure things are concluded error-free and before deadline.
Any controversial invoice is routed by the analyst, just as he/she also handles controversial modifications.
Documents regarding staff expenditure are also evaluated and assembled by the accounts payable analyst as an essential aspect of his/her duty to the organization.
He/she equally maintains credit cards and personal cards of members of staff in a classified manner as dictated by the company’s expenditure account.
Every accounts payable record is maintained by the analyst, who is also responsible for accounts payable spreadsheets and ledgers on behalf of the organization.
Conclusively, the analyst’s job description entails creating effective working environment, as well as providing effective management of project work relating to finance.
Accounts Payable Analyst Job Description Sample
The accounts payable analyst is required by the employing organization to perform a number of duties, tasks, and responsibilities, which are outlined in the following job description sample:
- Supervise, input, assemble, and review incoming bills and records of expenditure by employees
- Handle statements of credit cards to ensure proper documentation prior to fulfillment of payment
- Carry out and supervise coding for the particular expense account requiring such
- Liaise with heads of department, as well as account directors of the organization to obtain consent on company expenses.
- Act as go-between for the corporate and branch accounts units
- Ensure complete and accurate information, while guaranteeing every vendor account is well maintained
- Validate and obtain invoice to ensure suitable documentation approval and authorization
- Supervise vendor accounts and guarantee updated payment as well as create profile for new vendor
- Acknowledge all queries from vendors and create excellent working relationship with them
- Provide assistance in opening, processing, and handling emails on behalf of the unit
- Inspect invoices and obtain consent for such and identify any error or inconsistency in them
- Ensure suitable filling of invoices
Accounts Payable Analyst Resume Preparation
To prepare a resume for the accounts payable analyst position, the job description example provided above has information about the duties and responsibilities of the post, which can be applied in creating the work history section of the resume.
Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Ability – For Accounts Payable Analyst Job
Most organizations require that the accounts payable analyst possesses the abilities, knowledge, and skills highlighted below for efficient performance on the job:
- Minimum of 3 years working experience on accounts payable analysis, including bachelor’s degree in any field relating to accounting, such as Finance
- Excellent knowledge of important computer data analysis and finance packages, like Excel and QuickBooks
- Ability to operate MS Office packages
- Experience in Prevision Accounts payable processing
- Special ability to handle various assignments deemed fit by the organization
- Competency in organization and time management processes
- Excellent interpersonal relationship
- Willingness to work with others as a member of a team
- Ability to complete tasks within the time stipulated, as well as the ability to follow instructions to the letter
- Ability to appropriately operate in rather dynamic environment
- Excellent comprehension of written and verbal communication platforms
- Possess eyes for details
- Quick grasp of information as disseminated by departmental heads and management
- Ability to operate rather effectively in any multi-tasking environment
Do note that you can also incorporate some of the above stated skills and qualities in writing the skills section of a resume for the accounts payable analyst role, so long you actually have them.
Related Post: #1 Accounts Payable Analyst Job Description
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.