If you are writing a resume objective for a certified nursing assistant position, then you should make it really effective by emphasizing qualities that are relevant to the job, such as medical procedures, patient safety practices, and documentation.
This post provides valuable ideas and great examples of resume objectives for certified nursing assistant, CAN, positions to help inspire you to write your own.
We also list key qualifications employers look for when hiring for the certified nursing assistant role and provide tips to make your resume objective stand out.
With a compelling objective and resume or CV, you’ll be on your way to getting hired as a CNA.
How to Write a Convincing Certified Nursing Assistant Resume Objective
Your resume objective should make a strong case for why you are an ideal candidate for the certified nursing assistant role.
Follow these tips to craft an eye-catching objective for a certified nursing assistant, CNA, job:
- Research the certified nursing assistant job description
Review the responsibilities and qualifications the employer is looking for in a certified nursing assistant. Think about how your skills and experience match up.
- Highlight relevant skills
Include 1-2 hard skills like patient care, communication, medical procedures, etc. that apply to the certified nursing assistant role.
- Show experience
Mention specific healthcare or nursing assistant experience, or related experience that you have. Numbers can help quantify your experience.
- Convey enthusiasm
Use enthusiastic language that indicates your interest and motivation for the position.
- Be concise
Keep your objective short, around 2-3 lines. Get right to the point.
Tailor your objective to focus on the specific certified nursing assistant job you’re applying for.
With a focused, tailored objective conveying what makes you a strong candidate for the certified nursing assistant position, you’ll start your resume off right.
Now, let’s see some good examples of resume objectives for various certified nursing assistant positions:
Top 25 Certified Nursing Assistant Resume Objective Examples
- Detailed-oriented nursing assistant with 5 years of experience providing patient care in hospital settings seeks to leverage bedside manner and knowledge of medical procedures, patient safety practices and documentation to fill the Certified Nursing Assistant role at Memorial Hospital.
- Compassionate nursing assistant with 3 years of experience desires to use communication abilities and technical skills to fill the Certified Nursing Assistant position at Cedar Springs Assisted Living Facility.
- Highly-trained nursing assistant with certificate from ABC Nursing School is hoping to join Growing Years Pediatrics as a Certified Nursing Assistant and contribute caregiving expertise to care for pediatric patients.
- Nursing assistant seeks a full-time position at Grace Home Health Agency where 2 years of experience providing elderly home care including bathing, feeding, and medication administration will be put to use.
- Hard-working nursing assistant with proven patient care abilities honed over 4 years in a skilled nursing environment is excited to bring a spirit of team collaboration to the Certified Nursing Assistant role at Sunnybrook Nursing Home.
- Motivated NA with training in phlebotomy and EKG desires a Certified Nursing Assistant role at Cohen Medical Center to use education and experience to deliver excellent patient care.
- Personable nursing assistant with 6 months experience in fast-paced clinic seeks position with HealthNet Medical Group where care to a diverse patient population as a Certified Nursing Assistant will be applied.
- Reliable nursing assistant with calm demeanor desires to leverage caregiving and communication skills in a Certified Nursing Assistant role at Serenity Hospice.
- Organized NA with proven ability to juggle multiple tasks efficiently is eager to join Green Valley Rehabilitation as a Certified Nursing Assistant and utilize experience to benefit physical therapy patients.
- Friendly nursing assistant with certificate from Wilson Tech College seeks a Certified Nursing Assistant position at Crescent Senior Living where caregiving skills to will be applied to improve residents’ lives.
- Multitasking nursing assistant with experience managing admitting and discharging of patients desires a Certified Nursing Assistant role at Riverdale Hospital to apply expertise in patient intake and administrative tasks.
- Spanish-speaking NA desires to use bilingual skills in a Certified Nursing Assistant role at Community Health Clinic and provide culturally competent care.
- Enthusiastic nursing assistant with strong grasp of healthcare technology seeks a Certified Nursing Assistant position at Capital City Hospital to contribute technical abilities to patient care.
- Compassionate nursing assistant with proven caregiving abilities honed over 2 years in assisted living environments is excited to join the Certified Nursing Assistant team at Sunset Assisted Living Facility.
- Meticulous NA with certificate from Central Nursing School is eager to join Auburn Rehabilitation Center as a Certified Nursing Assistant and provide attentive care to patients.
- Nursing assistant with experience providing in-home geriatric care desires a full-time Certified Nursing Assistant position with Golden Age Home Healthcare Agency to provide good care to patients.
- Dedicated nursing assistant with 5 years of experience including rotations in ER and Pediatrics desires a Certified Nursing Assistant role at Memorial Hospital to continue broad experience in patient care and procedures.
- Experienced nursing assistant with background in physical rehabilitation settings is excited to use Manual Lifting and Safe Transfer certification in a Certified Nursing Assistant role at Burke Physical Therapy Clinic.
- Reliable nursing assistant with experience taking patient vitals and samples is eager to join busy Greendale Medical Clinic as a Certified Nursing Assistant and utilize skills to assist doctors and nurses.
- Result-oriented nursing assistant new to the field after earning certificate seeks a Certified Nursing Assistant opportunity at Sunrise Assisted Living where attentive and compassionate elderly care will be provided.
- Energetic nursing assistant from Ivy Tech Nursing Program seeks first Certified Nursing Assistant role at a respected medical facility like Shady Pines Nursing Home to deliver patient-focused care.
- Nursing assistant with proven ability to juggle multiple patient cases and prioritize urgent needs is excited to join busy City Hospital as a Certified Nursing Assistant to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Ambitious nursing assistant freshly certified is looking to launch career and hopes to join ABC Healthcare team as a Certified Nursing Assistant to contribute towards the goals of the organization.
- Talented nursing assistant trained in EKG, phlebotomy and CPR, as well as possessing a strong grasp of healthcare procedures desires a Certified Nursing Assistant role at Hilltop Medical Clinic.
- Hard-working nursing assistant desires entry-level position at Caring Hands Home Healthcare as a Certified Nursing Assistant to provide attentive home care to clients.
Certified Nursing Assistant Skills, Experience, and Certification for Resume Objective
When hiring for the certified nursing assistant role, employers look for candidates with the following key abilities, skills, training and experience, which you can highlight in your resume objective statement (if you have them):
- Patient Care Skills
- Experience providing basic patient care like bathing, feeding, ambulating patients, etc.
- Knowledge of safe patient handling.
2. Communication Abilities
- Compassionate with good listening and verbal skills to interact with patients and staff.
3. Technical Skills
- Proficiency in skills like taking vitals, collecting samples, performing EKGs, etc.
- Familiar with medical equipment.
- Completed a state-approved CNA certification training program.
- Hold a current CNA license.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Some coursework in sciences like anatomy can be beneficial.
- Have 1-2 years of hands-on experience working in a healthcare setting.
- Exposure to hospital, nursing home, clinic or home health environments.
- Highlight any nursing assistant, caregiver, clinical or other relevant experience you have on your resume.
- Also emphasize your communication abilities, patience, and empathy.
- Certification, education, and proven ability to provide compassionate care.
Writing an effective resume objective is critical when applying for a certified nursing assistant job.
As shown in the examples, your certified nursing assistant objective statement should highlight your qualifications, skills, training and enthusiasm for the role.
Be sure to research the employer’s needs and customize your objective to the specific CNA position.
Emphasize your patient care abilities, communication skills and certification. With a tailored resume objective conveying why you are an ideal candidate for the certified nursing assistant job, you’ll definitely stand out for the roles.
Remember to be concise, focus on the employer’s needs and present yourself as motivated and qualified nursing assistant.
With a compelling resume objective and resume, you can impress hiring managers and land the ideal job caring for patients as a certified nursing assistant.