20 Top Resume Objective Examples for Cook Position
If you are seeking to work as a cook, your resume objective statement is something you have to give attention to because it can determine if the recruiter/employer reads your resume.
For the fact that the recruiter/employer may be receiving lots of applications for the vacant cook position that they want to fill, they may not have the time to read all submitted resumes or CVs.
They will only read that resume/CV whose career objective statement strongly catches their attention.
This post will show you exactly how to make objective statements for your cook resume that the recruiter can’t resist but read it and other parts of your resume.
This is important because your chances of being called up for an interview are greater if your resume or CV is read by the recruiter; then they will be able to see what you are offering and how you will make a successful cook in their restaurant.
How to Make a Great Cook Resume Objective Statement
The way to write a great resume objective statement for a cook position is to find out what the employer is looking for in the cook that they want to hire.
You will need to know the qualities, skills, experience, training, etc. that the employer requires for qualifying applicants for the cook position.
You will also need to learn about the duties and responsibilities that the person that will be employed for the cook role will perform.
This information is contained in the job description and requirements that the recruiter/employer publishes for the vacant cook position; all you need to do is to study it.
When you know the cook job requirements and the functions of the position, you can then apply the information in crafting a compelling resume objective that shows that you meet what is required for success on the job.
Your resume objective for the cook job should highlight major qualities, skills, experience, required by the employer which you have, and show that you will be effective in performing the responsibilities that will be assigned to you as a cook.
To help you quickly master the ability to create an effective objective statement for any cook job that you like to apply for, here are good examples of resume objectives you can study and use in making yours.
Best 20 Resume Objectives for Cook Positions
- Talented individual seeking a position with Mississippi Methodist Senior Services, Inc. as a Cook with ability to prepare and serve food according to established recipes and menus with an emphasis on food presentation, and maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene. Also bringing a High School diploma, 10th grade education and comparable work experience and work-related education, and ability to perform skills as learned through continuous on-the-job training, and 5 years of experience in a commercial kitchen setting.
- Team oriented individual eager to work at Bickford Senior Living, with ability to prepare and serve meals following Bickford’s menus, recipes, processes and expectations, maintain kitchen and dining room in accordance with regulatory requirements and Bickford’s policies, and ensure appropriate food and refreshments are provided for tours and events. Also coming with CPR and First Aid certification, as well as ability to wash dishes, pots and pans.
- Highly talented and motivated Cook seeking a position at Mustang Sally’s to utilize ability to perform job duties such as food prep, stocking, and maintaining a clean station and a friendly, professional demeanor. Also coming with ability to stand for long periods of time, experience working quickly and efficiently under pressure while making sure orders get out in a timely and presentable manner.
- Hopeful to gain employment with Southern Ventures as a Cook to prepare and direct preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems, ensure availability of supplies and food, and determine amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems. Also coming with collaboration skills, flexibility, customer and client focus, and Stress Management and Composure.
- Looking for the position of a Cook with Foundations for Living to prepare, cook, and serve meals for residents and employees of the facility; actively strive to exceed minimum quality standards for preparation, safety and cleanliness of the kitchen and serving area. Also coming with competence to actively work to support the facility mission of providing environment of safety so that the residents feel empowered to heal the wounds of the past and build a foundation of hope for the future.
- Energetic individual with five years of experience working in a cook position, seeking employment as a Cook with US Department of Veterans Affairs. Coming with ability to prepare a variety of meats, seafood, sauces, gravies and vegetables using different methods of dry and moist heat techniques; weigh, measure and assemble ingredients for regular and modified menu items; and determine the quantity of ingredients needed to prepare required yield.
- Individual with strong ability to learn fast interested in the position of a Cook at Lutheran Life Communities to prepare menu items for general and therapeutic diets in conjunction with the posted menu for residents and employees. Also coming with ability to prepare food using appropriate methods to conserve nutritive value and enhance flavor and appearance; prepare foods according to standardized recipes, production guides and diet compliance; and serve attractive food at proper temperatures.
- Safety conscious individual with high level of skills and experience. Desirous of a Cook position with National Church Residences to prepare meals according to the menus provided using standardized recipes based on standard portion control. Also bringing ability to speak, to read, to write, and to understand English; as well as ability to estimate food requirements and control serving portions, eliminating waste and leftovers.
- Experienced, talented, and highly organized individual seeking a cook position with Intermountain Healthcare. Coming with Food Handler’s Permit, 5 years of experience in food service, strong written and verbal communication skills, experience working independently and as part of a team, experience following instructions, strong customer service skills, basic math skills, experience handling problems and difficult situations, and ability to perform quantity food production and prepare display cooking.
- Individual seeking a Cook position at Pruitthealth where profound knowledge of food handling, preparation and storage techniques that comply with state and federal laws and regulations will be applied. Also coming with 5 years of institutional food service experience as a cook, previous long term dietary and food service experience, a High School diploma, and ability to apply regulations to work situations of cook and to supervision of staff assistants.
- An enthusiastic individual desirous of an Entry Level Cook position with Encompass Health, to prepare, season, and cook regular and therapeutic diets for patients, employees, visitors, and special functions. Also bringing Food Handlers Permit, recent institutional cooking experience, special function cooking experience, knowledge of food safety guidelines, and ability to ensure sanitation of department Environmental Conditions.
- Active individual with huge cooking skills and ability to perform a variety of duties necessary for the operation of a hospital food service department, maintain high standards of food quality, nutritional value of food, sanitation, safety, and present food in an appetizing manner. Longing for a position at Vibra Healthcare as a Cook, to bring 4 years of experience as a cook and Food Handling Certification as required by the State regulations.
- Certified Cook with ability to prepare food and bake items as indicated on menus, diet sheets, and daily worksheets following established recipes, and the ability to prepare the amount required to minimize waste. Desirous of a Cook position with Wood County, and coming with a High School diploma and ability to follow written and oral directions, and work under pressure.
- To obtain the Cook position with Coral Desert Rehabilitation to leverage the ability to prepare foods daily for residents, follow directions, learn new recipes and more about food, as well as understand the patients’ needs and ensure their meal plans offer a well-balanced and nutritious diet. Also bringing Food Handler’s Permit, 5 years of kitchen related experience, and ability to read and understand recipes.
- Highly trained individual seeking to work in a Cook position at Newark-Wayne Community Hospital, coming with ability to prepare food and baked goods following the daily assignments, maintain sufficient supplies of hot and cold foods for daily needs, and demonstrate excellent level of customer service, strong attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative and problem-solving professional desirous to join a group of professionals at Clifton Springs Hospital and Clinical in the position of a Cook. Coming with strong ability to prepare food and baked goods following the daily assignments and follow all departmental HAACP procedures, including logging of all temperatures and ensuring equipment used is cleaned to code standards.
- Seeking a Cook job at Wibaux County Nursing Home, to apply exceptional ability to follow recipes and prepare foods that correspond to menus prepared by Dietician; cook and prepare palatable, attractive, nutritionally adequate meals in institutional quantities that are served at proper temperatures and at proper times; and prepare and maintain supply of substitutes to accommodate resident choices, cultural, ethnic, and religious preferences. Also coming with High School diploma and working knowledge of food handling.
- Highly organized individual interested in a Cook position with Chestnut Hill Senior Living, bringing ability to present professional demeanor that communicates a corporate philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in each resident’s needs. Also coming with 5 years of experience as a Cook; possession of current Food Handlers Card; written and oral communication skills; and demonstrated skills, knowledge, and competency in the areas of leadership, training, and supervision.
- Individual with strong reasoning ability looking to contribute extensive working experience in a top class restaurant as a Cook at Westgate Nursing, Rehabilitation and Assisted Living Community. Coming with profound ability to prepare food in accordance with prescribed diet specifications for residents, facility procedures, and dietary and sanitary regulations, as well as the ability to read and write in English and follow oral and written directions.
- Talented individual seeking a position with DePaul as a Qualified Cook, coming with strong ability to ensure that food preparation and sanitation practices and policies are followed in a safe environment, and residents are prepared and served the diet prescribed by their physicians. Also bringing a High School diploma, 5 years of experience in food service industry, and good verbal and written communication skills.
If you desire to get a good payable job as a cook, your resume must have a well persuasive objective statement to stand a better chance of being read.
This post provides valuable tips and examples you can apply in making a great resume objective for a cook position that you are applying for, and boost your chances of being hired.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.