Business Development Associate Job Description
What Does a Business Development Associate Do?
A business development associate is responsible for entrenching an organization’s position and solidifying its relationship with its existing customers.
His/her job description entails reaching out to new customers on behalf of the business organization.
He/she is expected to possess skills in operating varieties of computer software and the latest technological applications towards optimum duty performance.
The professional should have all it takes to further the profit making goal of the organization.
He/she should be outgoing and ever prepared to communicate with the general public, both individually and collectively regarding the values and products offered by the business organization.
The business development associate is required by the organization to participate in efforts and activities gendered towards business expansion.
Good interpersonal relationship is a must for this role, since the associate would have to relate with departmental and managerial staff members as well as with customers.
The task of the business development associate will take considerable time to complete and he/she must be ready to work at odd hours sometimes.
Business Development Associate Job Description Example
The job description sample below presents the major duties, tasks, and responsibilities of the business development associate as usually demanded by most employing businesses:
- Generate ideas to make the business organization attractive to prospective clients and generate ideas to enable sales expansion
- Oversee customer service and ensure regular contact with clients to maintain company’s relationship with them
- Search out and communicate with prospective clients towards creating new opportunities for business expansion
- Provide assistance in proposal writing for the organization
- Provide assistance in marketing literature development
- Proffer required solutions to problems presented by clients
- Provide needed education to clients on new products as soon as such products are available.
- Recognize and work in line with any change in clients’ needs and environment
- Understand the products and services the business organization has to offer and communicate such varieties of products to the client
- Upgrade self by attending industrial training programs, conferences, seminars, and trade shows
- Attend courses to keep abreast of trends and technologies relating to the business organization and allotted duties
- Read publications relating to latest technological trends and emerging markets as it affects the particular business organization
- Develop and customize business reports, ensuring they meet with client’s needs
- Compose periodic sales reports, either weekly or monthly, and submit the reports to management
- Research and recommend business strategy, both on the long term and short term to the organization’s management towards business expansion, via enhanced marketing techniques and new product lines
- Provide support in marketing literature and brochure development
- Support the organization in developing content for company’s website
- Maintain and establish service and products being offered by the organization
- Evaluate collated data for trend identification
- Provide needed response to complaints laid by clients
- Make the important cold calls to clients towards business development
- Qualify new prospects for the organization
- Liaise with a number of other related business associations to bring about sales increase
- Follow up clients and call them regarding available products
- Analyze numbers and generate sales reports for the company
- Arrange presentations and meetings among members of staff and with existing and prospective clients
- Update clients’ database regularly
- Search for prospective clients and update their database regularly
Business Development Associate Resume Preparation
If you are working on preparing a resume for the role of business development associate, the sample job description provided above highlights relevant information that can be used in making such resumes, particularly in creating the work experience part of the resume.
Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities – for Business Development Associate Job
The business development associate is expected to possess certain skills and abilities, and to have certain knowledge relating to the tasks to be performed in the organization. Such cogent requirements are highlighted below:
- High school diploma or bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing
- Associate degree in any field related to business
- Experiences in marketing and sales are added advantages
- Excellent skills in computer operation, especially in computer packages relating to customer database maintenance and sales
- Top skills in customer service management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to carry out tasks with very little supervision or independently
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to easily solve varying degrees of problems relating to the work environment
- Ability to negotiate on company’s behalf
- Ability to organize and carry out a number of duties simultaneously
- Top presentation skills
- Ability to perform at optimum even under work pressure
- Ability to beat deadline
- Success in drug test and other background checks performed by the organization
- Strong understanding of how social media works and unequaled ability to utilize such media in promoting the business organization’s goods and services