This post presents complete information on the job description of a business development assistant, including the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities they commonly perform.
What Does a Business Development Assistant Do?
The business development assistant job description involves providing support to an organization’s development team to ensure timely and consistent delivery of core company services to its clients and investors.
This is to ensure that potential and existing clients and investors remain satisfied with the company’s brand.
The business development assistant work description also entails contributing to delivery of service, coordination of other members of staff, and making plans towards achieving company’s goals and ideals.
His/her roles in business development activities are simply immeasurable.
The assistant reports directly to the business development manager and he/she may be asked to deputize for or represent the manager when the latter is not available to get the tasks done.
The business development assistant can be required to undertake training for newly employed members of staff and may also monitor seminars, webinars, workshops, and such likes on behalf of the manager.
He/she is required to monitor business outreaches designed to introduce the organization’s products and services to the outside world, towards winning new clients for the company.
He/she is also required to communicate to other members of staff the expectations of the management from them and to oversee their activities at work to ensure compliance with such expectations.
Business Development Assistant Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Most companies require the business development assistant to perform certain tasks and take up certain responsibilities in the organization. Few of such responsibilities are highlighted below:
- Manage the communication of the organization with clients via means like emails, telephones, and websites
- Respond to inquiries made by clients about company products and services in a timely and friendly manner
- Act as link between the organization and the clients to ensure clients take more interest in products and services rendered by the business organization
- Undertake and monitor researches to provide highly needed support for the business development team
- Identify and communicate with new business leads for the organization
- Conduct research and also make delivery on any intelligence that will have strong impact on proposition development for any new investment project of the organization
- Develop good knowledge regarding priority sectors, like market routes and trends; this enables the organization improve on its effectiveness in service delivery
- Provide required support for the organization’s business development team, especially in activities relating to account management
- Perform various tasks, like recording minutes during meetings
- Develop operational contacts, which will provide needed support for the tasks undertaken by the organization’s business development team
- Contribute to the management of the organization’s systems to ensure things are done accurately
- Assist the sales agents of the organization to complete clients visit reports and system development
- Manage reports and management information to ensure the company meets up with requirements made known by clients
- Support the business development manager in sales support when required by him/her
- Work under direction of the business development manager
- Assist the manager to make inquiries on small projects and to handle them from start to finish
- Cooperate in positive manner to the growth of the organization by providing required assistance to relevant staff and organization’s partners
Business Development Assistant Resume Preparation
If you need to make a resume for the business development assistant position, you can use the sample job description provided above to prepare certain sections of the resume, especially the employment history section.
Business Development Assistant Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
Business development assistants are usually expected by employers to possess certain qualifications before they can be considered for the job. Some of the required skills, abilities, and qualifications are given below:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study
- Ability to adequately demonstrate working experience acquired from similar positions
- Ability to adequately perform professional and financial services relating to the needs of the organization
- Excellent skills in logistics management and information and computer technology
- Strong creative ability
- Ability to carry out research relating to the organization and collate the information derived from such research towards improving the organization’s business status
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal forms
- Excellent attention to details and strong ability to produce high quality reports and presentations
- Ability to focus on the designed end goals of the organization
- Excellent skills in time management
- Ability to beat deadlines and to also perform multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to work as team player
- Strong drive towards fulfillment of company’s goals
- Willingness to take calculated risks
- High level of integrity and probity
- Ability to relate freely with other members of staff, both up and down the ladder