This post presents detailed information on the job description of a Walmart sales support manager, including the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that they commonly perform.
What Does a Walmart Sales Support Manager Do?
The Walmart sales support manager is the one charged with the responsibility of working in cooperation with sales associates to foster analytical reporting and support for sales.
His/her job description entails providing effective support for the administration of the Walmart store, which is vital to the realization of the company’s sales plan.
He/she must understand the importance of his/her role and so must work hard and smart in achieving the sales targets and goals for his/her store.
Walmart employs a support manager for its sales operation to ensure that adequate attention is given to sales projects and the reports on them, and that they are well planned and supervised.
The manager’s duties also include recruiting and training of staff, which is crucial to their development.
They will ensure that the trainings are handled with great expertise, and that the right consulting trainers are hired.
They are also responsible for designing the development strategy for Walmart sales.
Walmart expects its sales support managers to have good knowledge of products advertisement and promotional strategies.
They are also expected to work with other bodies of professionals and members of the sales support team to ensure that sales goals and target are meet for the store.
Other tasks in the sales support manager’s work description involve providing assistance to the team responsible for field sales to enhance good customer service.
He/she also provides supervision to sales employees, ensuring that regulatory procedures and processes are strictly followed.
Sales support managers at Walmart also handle a lot of administrative responsibilities, like scheduling and assigning of daily responsibilities to sales staff, making arrangement for promotional campaigns, and handling of sales associates’ duty shifting.
Other administrative roles include training of sales team for effective delivering, and maximizing the use of social networks and other means for product promotions to enhance sales.
It is also part of the job description of the sales support manager to track inventory, make analysis of daily report of sales, and supervise shipment and offloading of merchandise.
These tasks are done majorly to ensure that good record of merchandise in the warehouse is kept.
The manager also observes closely the state of the merchandise on arrival, with the understanding that defective products make defective sales and defective sales make angry or never returning customers.
He/she will also adhere to safety precautions to help prevent against losses.
Walmart Sales Support Manager Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Here are typical duties, tasks, and responsibilities that usually make up the sales support manager job description at Walmart
- Work with an effective support team in drawing out sales plan and productive initiatives
- Mediate between clients and the company as regard the management of Walmart project
- Keep and maintain effective working relationship with products supply clients
- Keep track of the Walmart sales goals and practically identify the points of sales interest
- Review sales performance of Walmart and compare it with the sales goal for the month
- Provide and supervise promotional activities for improving sales
- Make provision for value conscious research and report to assess the performance of promotional programs
- Prepare along with others, the yearly goals and forecasts of Walmart
- Take proper safety precautions within the store and enforce the habit of keeping the store clean
- Make provisions for reports on credit sales, and credit applications.
Walmart Sales Support Manager Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Career Success
To improve your chances of getting the job of sales support manager at Walmart, you will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- A degree or its equivalent in management programs or courses
- Great expertise in handling multiple tasks
- Proficiency in managing projects
- Expertise in driving growth
- Proficiency in establishing outstanding partners relationship
- Expertise in external market development
- Great skills in facing clients and getting their attention
- Ability to set sales goals and viable plans to pursuing the goals
- Possess track record in meeting up with deadlines
- Good, modest, and smart dress sense
- Ability to ensure cleanliness at all times
- Evident expertise and track record in negotiating contracts, competitive pricing, drawing up of good business plan, and managing purpose stricken projects
- Proficiency in performing marketing activities and analysis
- Amazing charismatic skills in influencing the work team and corporate decision makers
- Creative and innovative business approach
- Good understanding of promotion techniques and the use of social media to improve sales promotions
- Ability to work independently and interdependently
- Pre-employment tests: The hiring process for this position may involve candidates taking a test to prove they have the relevant skills and aptitude for the job. Find out about job assessment tests you may likely be required to take and how to excel in them.