Software Engineer Salary in Idaho and How to Earn More
The software engineer salary in Idaho is $84,969 yearly.
This post provides exhaustive information on the salary of a software engineer in Idaho, including the cities and companies that pay the highest salaries to software engineers in Idaho, as well as how to increase your earnings in the State.
Please, read on:
Software engineers in Idaho earn $84,969 as yearly salary and get a $4000 yearly bonus as incentive.
The salary is 20% lower than the National average.
Idaho has a low cost of living, which is 94.1%; it is one of the top States in the West.
Software Engineer Salary across the State of Idaho
One of the States in the West paying software engineers highly is Idaho.
The State has some cities within her that software engineers enjoy relative high salaries and ease of living, cities like Post Falls, Pocatello, Twin Falls and Nampa all have salary range of between $95,929 and $79,911 yearly, compared to it’s lower than National average, which is 20% higher.
Highest Paying Cities for Software Engineers in the State of Idaho
Here are the highest paying cities in the State of Idaho for software engineers to work and possibly live in:
|Cities||Salary Yearly ($)|
Software Engineer Salary Based on Skill in the State of Idaho
Having a good set of skills, technical or soft skills, is an added advantage for a software engineer to get higher salary and advancement in their career.
Below are the top paying skills software engineers in Idaho need to develop to earn more salaries:
- Scala: earns 24.30%, which grosses a yearly income of $20,647.
- Os Kernels: earns 17.55%, which amounts to $14,912 yearly salary.
- Big Data: earns 17.35%, which is $14,742 yearly.
- Microservices: earns 16.13%, which amounts to $13,705 as yearly salary.
- Machine Learning: earns 11.71%, which amounts to $9,949 yearly.
- Data Structure: earns 10.99, which is $9,338 yearly income.
Software Engineer Salary Based on Experience in Idaho
The longer one stays on a job, the more experienced one gets, which applies also to the software engineer in Idaho.
Shown below are salary estimate for software engineers in Idaho based on years of experience:
- – 1 year earns $77,535 yearly.
- 1 – 2 years earns $79,569 annually.
- 3 – 5 years earns $85,000 yearly salary.
- 6 – 9 years earns $91,114 yearly.
- 10 plus years earns $104,368 yearly.
10 Highest Paying Companies for Software Engineer in Idaho
Here are 10 highest paying companies where software engineers work and earn the highest salaries in the state of Idaho:
|Company||Salary Yearly ($)|
More Benefits for Software Engineers in Idaho
Apart from getting cash bonus at the end of the year, software engineers in the State of Idaho also get benefits in the following areas:
Cash bonuses: These come yearly to software engineers.
Long term incentives: These are added benefits which come in various forms; from medical bills to visa assistance; relocation assistance, food provided, and gym membership, all fall under long term incentives.
Stocks: These are dividends declared yearly by the company; software engineers are given claims in the company’s profit sharing yearly. This is converted to cash after the engineer’s retirement.
What Related Job Titles to Software Engineer Earn in Idaho
Related jobs to software engineer in Idaho may earn more or less than the software engineer.
Listed below are some of the related careers to software engineering and how they earn yearly.
- Backend Developer: earns $97,132 yearly salary.
- Full Stack Developer: takes $93,657 yearly.
- Application Developer: earns $87,807 yearly.
- Frontend Developer: takes home $61,503 yearly.
- Developer: earns $15,229 yearly.
Software Engineer Job and Salary Outlook in Idaho
Idaho is one of the States in the Western regions of the US and it’s attracting companies to its cities.
It is competing with the Northeast in terms of upward swing in software engineering jobs and salary ($84,969).
It is one of the few States within the region to pay high in terms of salary to software engineers.
The State is attracting software engineers due to her low rate of living conditions (94.1%).
How to Increase Your Salary as s Software Engineer in Idaho
Looking to get a pay hike, but don’t know how to go about it in the State of Idaho, well here are some ways to help increase your salary if you are a software engineer working in the State of Idaho.
- Work for high paying companies. In Idaho, some companies pay higher than others, therefore, as a software engineer in the State, you need to work for such companies to earn more salary.
- Increase your level of education. The best brains get the top paying jobs; this equally applies in Idaho to the software engineer. So get a good degree.
- Get soft and technical skills. Getting a good education alone will not suffice without good technical and soft skills as well. This will enhance your salary as a software engineer.
- Relocate to a bigger town or city. Living in Idaho has its advantages. The Software engineer has to move to a bigger city or town in the State to get more noticed and earn high.
- Network with friends and acquaintances. Friends and acquaintances within the State can have insider information concerning unadvertised job openings and get you contacted. Networking helps the software engineer hoping to increase their salary reach a wilder sphere of potential employers.
More Career Opportunities for Software Engineers in Idaho
Software engineers are open to career opportunities in other fields of profession; such careers may pay more or less than the software engineering career.
Here are more career opportunities open to software engineers and the salary they earn:
- Environmental engineer: earns $96,000 yearly.
- Product safety engineer: earns yearly income of $94,000.
- Industrial engineer: earns $92,000 yearly.
- IT manager: takes home yearly $81,000.
- Data base architect: takes home $81,000 yearly as salary.
Idaho is located in the Western region of the US where the cost of living standard is low, 94.1%.
With salary of $84,969 yearly, software engineers in Idaho are very comfortable with work and living conditions.
Idaho is a nice State to live and work in as a Software engineer.
Information sources: bls.gov, hackreactor.com, insight.dice.com, indeed.com, and careerexplorer.com.