Waiter/Waitress Resume Sample
Learning how to write a good resume is important if you want to increase your chances of getting a waiter or waitress job position.
Getting a job as a waiter or waitress does not come so easy anymore, especially with the fact that fewer jobs are now available than the number of people looking for employment opportunities.
To be able to beat the competition and get selected over many other candidates that applied for the same position, you will need to work on your resume.
The waiter or waitress’ resume must communicate to the employer very clearly his or her suitability and capacity to effectively and efficiently perform the duties and responsibilities of the position, which are stated in the waiter’s job description.
Like many things in life, resume writing skills can be learnt if you put your mind to it and do some studies with some well written samples that you can find.
Below is a waiter resume sample, which you can use as a template in preparing your own resume; it is an example of a good resume and shows the different sections that make up a standard resume.
Waiter/Waitress Resume Sample/Example/Template
ABC Link Street • Atlanta, Georgia • 77777 • Home: (111) 555-9999, Cell: (222) 999-9999 • email@example.com
OBJECTIVE: Seeking the position of Waiter in XYZ Hotels where three years experience of providing professional, efficient, and friendly service in a major restaurant will be maximized to ensure total customer satisfaction.
PROFILE: Highly professional and efficient waiter with huge knowledge of dining room standards and food placement based on its category, such as meat, fish, and beverage; exceptional ability to providing customer service that meets and surpasses corporate standards; and to providing a pleasant and satisfactory experience for guests.
- Three years experience working as hotel waiter
- High proficiency in the German and English language, both in written and spoken form
- Strong knowledge of food placement following categorization, such as meat, fish, and beverage
- Excellent knowledge of wine and alcohol regulations by governments
- Strong ability to work, stand and move up and down for long periods without being exhausted
- Friendly disposition to guests; strong enthusiasm for the job; highly motivated with great ability to work harmoniously in a team
- Ability to keep and maintain clean appearance and treat guests politely
- Ability to work under pressure without been stressed
- Strong knowledge of formal service standards and customer service
- Ability to handle cash, as well as to perform credit card billing functions.
ABC Hotels, hometown, BA
2010 – Present
- Escort customers to their tables
- Prepare and set tables following standard practice
- Present menus to guests and respond to questions concerning menu items, then offer recommendation when asked to
- Find out if customers are enjoying their meals or if they are having issues, resolve any complaint quickly
- Explain to customers or guests how the different menu items are made, describing the various ingredients and the cooking methods
- Serve food, wine, and other beverages to guests
- Clear tables or counters of dishes and glasses and take them for cleaning at the kitchen.
EDUCATION AND CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
- High school diploma, SandView, 2010
- In house training in hotel customer service, 2010
- Table Management skills development training, 2011.
You will also like:
>> Create a professional resume in only 3 steps with the Awesome Resume Builder (it's free!) and increase your interview call ups.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.