A strong objective statement at the top of your bookkeeper resume is crucial for making a good first impression and getting your application noticed by the recruiter/employer.
Landing a bookkeeping job starts with having an effective resume that catches the hiring manager’s attention.
This post provides tips for writing a compelling resume objective statement along with 25 examples tailored specifically for bookkeeping roles.
Whether you’re just starting out in your bookkeeping career or have years of experience tracking finances, invoices and payments, these bookkeeper resume objective examples will help you create a resume that highlights your skills and convinces employers you’re the right person for the job.
Let’s get started!
How to Write an Effective Bookkeeper Resume Objective Statement
Your resume objective acts as a short introduction to who you are and what makes you qualified for the bookkeeping role.
Follow these tips to craft a strong objective statement:
- Research the job description
Thoroughly read through the bookkeeper job description to identify the company’s needs and priorities for the position. Make note of key skills and qualifications they are looking for.
- Highlight relevant skills and experience
Include 1-2 key abilities, expertise or accomplishments that match the employer’s requirements. Quantify your experience when possible.
- Be concise
Keep your objective short, about 2-3 lines. Summarize your value proposition clearly and concisely.
- Tailor it
Customize your objective statement for each application. Use keywords from the job description.
- Communicate enthusiasm
Convey genuine interest and passion for bookkeeping work. A positive tone can grab attention.
With some thought and planning, you can write a resume objective that gets your foot in the door for a bookkeeper job. Now let’s look at 25 examples:
25 Bookkeeper Resume Objective Examples
- Detail-oriented bookkeeping professional with 5+ years of experience handling accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledgers seeks a full-time Bookkeeper role at Smith & Co.
- Organized and accurate Bookkeeper with 10 years of experience managing finances and preparing financial statements for small businesses desires to leverage skills in handling accounts receivable at Oren LLC.
- Certified Public Bookkeeper (CPB) with 8 years of experience reconciling accounts and preparing month-end reports seeks to join TNT Inc. as a Bookkeeper and utilize profound attention to details competencies.
- Enthusiastic Bookkeeper adept at recording transactions, updating ledgers, and generating invoices is eager to contribute my skills to support Dynamis Accounting’s bookkeeping needs.
- Diligent Bookkeeper seeks the position at Apex Analytics where 4 years of experience tracking income and expenses, accounts payable and receivable will be applied.
- Experienced Bookkeeper with Associate’s degree skilled at using Quickbooks and Excel looks for a full-time position at RBG Tax Services.
- Accomplished Bookkeeper with 10+ years managing general ledgers and financial records for small to mid-size companies desires a Bookkeeper role at DGB Consulting.
- Bookkeeper, focused on accuracy and meeting deadlines with 5 years of experience reconciling bank statements and handling accounts payable/receivable is excited to bring impressive skills to Meraki Associates.
- Analytical thinker with 3+ years of experience as a Bookkeeper and proficient in Quickbooks and MS Excel desires to grow with Delta Corporation.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized Bookkeeper with certification from Bryant & Stratton College seeks to utilize 7 years of experience recording transactions for Acuity Business Solutions.
- Industrious Bookkeeper with proven ability to handle full-cycle bookkeeping using Quickbooks, as well as bringing 5 years of experience as a Bookkeeper seeks position at Sanderson Tax & Accounting Services.
- Enthusiastic Bookkeeper talented at producing financial reports and managing payroll is eager to join Vanguard Industries accounting department.
- Driven Bookkeeper able to manage multiple accounts with accuracy and efficiency and skilled at identifying and resolving discrepancies seeks a bookkeeper role at Sterling Partners LLP.
- Meticulous Bookkeeper experienced at reconciling accounts and maintaining accurate ledgers desires new challenges at Apex Business Solutions as a Bookkeeper.
- Experienced Bookkeeper handling high-volume bookkeeping for Fortune 500 companies wants a Bookkeeper position at Jenkins Financial Group to utilize 8+ years accounting experience.
- Bookkeeper who is passionate about organization and precision, with 4+ years of experience balancing ledgers, accounts payable/receivable and bank reconciliations seeks role at Atlas Tax & Accounting.
- Proficient Bookkeeper seeks full-time position to apply advanced Quickbooks skills and 5 years of experience maintaining accurate financial records.
- Resourceful Bookkeeper adept at streamlining processes and with a proven history of improving efficiency and reducing errors desires Bookkeeper role at Titan Consulting Group.
- Trustworthy Bookkeeper with 5 years of experience handling confidential financial information for businesses, nonprofits and government agencies seeks new challenges and opportunities at Tio Corp.
- Ambitious candidate with a reputation for integrity, organization and timeliness desires a Bookkeeper role to utilize 6 years of accounting experience with Associate Degree in Accounting from CSU.
- Experienced Bookkeeper passionate about numbers and committed to accuracy with 8 years handling general ledger postings, account reconciliations and financial closings for mid-size firms seeks a role at Rex Corporation.
- Organized and detail-focused Bookkeeper with 5+ years of experience with bookkeeping software applications seeks full-time role at Savant Tax & Consulting.
- Self-motivated Bookkeeper with proven ability to work independently with impeccable dexterity in handling ledgers, invoices, bank reconciliations and trial balances seeks new role at Acme Business Solutions.
- Personable Bookkeeper successful at vendor and client relations with 6+ years of experience in handling A/P, A/R, financial record-keeping and reporting with ease desires new challenges at VXO Inc.
- Bookkeeper who is enthusiastic about accounting standards and procedures with Associate’s degree and 3 years of experience seeks full-time position at Green & Oak Accounting Firm.
Bookkeeper Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, and Certification for Resume Objective
Here are important skills, abilities, education, experience, and certification you will need to have to be a successful bookkeeper, which you can also apply in making your resume objective statement for a bookkeeping position:
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Organizational skills
- Time management and ability to prioritize
- Math and analytical skills
- Confidentiality and integrity.
- Bookkeeping software (QuickBooks, Sage, etc.)
- Spreadsheets (Excel)
- General ledger postings
- Handling accounts receivable
- Conducting bank reconciliations
- Preparing financial reports.
- Possessing a Certified Public Bookkeeper (CPB) certification along with proficiency in MS Excel and QuickBooks.
- Holding a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or at least an Associate degree
- Obtaining a certificate or diploma in bookkeeping.
- Having one to three years of experience in full cycle bookkeeping
- Gaining experience in industries like healthcare or construction can be advantageous.
To increase your chances of getting the bookkeeper position that you desire, it is crucial to have your resume read, and having a compelling objective statement can do the magic.
It is therefore important to learn how to make an effective resume objective for a bookkeeper job, which this post has sufficiently addressed.
In a nutshell, to make a great bookkeeper resume objective, you need to: thoroughly review the bookkeeper job description published by the recruiter/employer and tailor your statement to highlight your skills and experience for the specific bookkeeper position you are applying for.
By also adding achievements and expressing enthusiasm in the bookkeeping role that you are seeking can make your objective stand out.
You can refer to the bookkeeper resume objective examples provided in this post as inspiration while crafting the objective statement for the next job you are interested in.