This post provides complete information on how to write effective resume objective statements for an administrative assistant position, to increase your chances of having the recruiter read your resume or CV as they begin to assess it.
When seeking the job of an administrative assistant, you will be expected to submit a resume or CV to the recruiter or employer for them to learn about you and decide if you are suitable for the position.
But the issue is that most resumes or CV don’t get read by recruiters. They only pick a few after flipping through the mass submitted to them, reading the first few paragraphs.
So to increase your chances of having your administrative assistant resume read, you have to craft a captivating career objective statement that projects you as the right person for the job.
If you are keen in learning how to make an irresistible objective for an administrative assistant job that makes your resume stand out to read by the employer, then read on:
How to Make a Great Administrative Assistant Resume Objective Statement
To make an astonishing resume objective for an administrative assistant position, you need to know what exactly the employer wants.
Once you are able to give the employer what exactly they need for the vacant administrative assistant position in their organization, then they will have a proper look at your resume and read it to the end.
The employer has set certain specific standards and requirements that applicants should meet to qualify to access the administrative assistant position.
Employers also provide a description of the available administrative assistant position that shows the duties the successful applicant will be expected to perform. See detailed administrative assistant job description sample.
The above information will help you make an objective statement that will assure the employer that you are the right candidate for the available administrative assistant role.
But you need to study the job description of the vacant administrative assistant position to gain good knowledge about the job and the type of applicant the recruiter really wants to employ.
Some of your best qualities, education, and/or experience should be highlighted in your objective statement, and they should meet the employer’s requirements for the administrative assistant role.
Your resume objective should speak well about your qualities, education and experience required to succeed on the administrative assistant job.
To help you quickly master writing effective career objective statement for your administrative assistant resume, here are good examples to study:
Top 25 Examples of Administrative Assistant Resume Objective Statements
- Hopeful to gain employment with Community Development Institute Head Start as an Administrative Assistant to ensure each timesheet has the appropriate signatures, personnel information, and accurate totals. Also coming with five years direct experience working with purchasing, accounts payable, account receivable, payroll, High School diploma, a basic understanding of accounting systems, as well as knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Looking for the position of an Administrative Assistant with Summit Healthcare Regional Medical Center to provide a broad range of high level administrative support and data entry for multiple administrators by preparing reports, supporting program staff, coordinating meetings and trainings, and providing clerical support. Also coming with overall administrative experience, a High School Diploma, and an excellent overall customer service experience.
- Highly talented, passionate, and motivated Administrative Assistant desirous of a position at Toyota where the knowledge and understanding of administrative assistant skills, strong team orientation and experience will be utilized. An enthusiastic candidate with ability to support the daily administrative needs of the PPM Division and executives, and perform a wide array of administrative services, including compiling, summarizing, and visualizing information.
- Individual with ability to perform administrative support work and provide clerical support to the police department at City of Fishers; assist the Support Division, Operations Division, and Investigations Division; and also assist travel arrangements for training, in-house training set-up, and event preparation, including ordering, purchasing, picking up, and setting-up of food and beverages and room.
- To obtain a position with Hydro Extrusion North America to leverage ability to record, update, and maintain employee information in the Human Resources computer system and employee files per established procedures. Also bringing 5 years experience in an administrative role; English language fluency, reading, writing, and verbal communication; a High School Diploma; ability to speak effectively before groups of employees; excellent interpersonal skills; attention to detail and proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Energetic individual with five years of vast experience working in an administrative environment, seeking to apply profound experience as an Administrative Assistant with Ochsner Health System. Coming with ability to travel throughout and between facilities, and knowledge of business management principles, including operations, finance, audit, personnel and resource management. Also bringing strong organizational skills, good time management skills, proficiency with Windows-style applications and keyboard, effective verbal and written communication skills, computer skills and dexterity, as well as ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Team oriented individual willing to work at University of Colorado Boulder as an Administrative Assistant, with ability to purchase requests, purchase orders, expense vouchers, vendor set-up and official functions; collect, organize, maintain accurate P-Card records of purchase (charges); reconcile and store all receipts monthly; execute travel authorization and conference registration; and reconcile travel expenses using the on-line CU Concur system.
- Individual with strong ability to learn fast interested in the position of an Administrative Assistant at Compass Group, to apply 5 years experience with ability to answer telephones, and support management staff in preparing secret employment and labor relations documents, such as proposed disciplinary notices.
- Safety conscious individual with high level of skills and experience. Desirous of an administrative assistant position with Loyola University Medical Center, to utilize 5 to 10 years of experience levels in healthcare profession. Bringing the ability to perform administrative and secretarial duties with wide latitude for exercising discretion and judgment. Also coming with a High School diploma, computer skills, and ability to provide high-quality administrative support to the Director and/or Managers.
- Passionate individual seeking an administrative assistant position with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center with ability to answer and screen telephone calls, take accurate message or direct the call to the appropriate person, and greet and direct patients, families, staff and visitors. Also bringing an Associate Degree, 5 years experience with computer systems, including certain Microsoft Office applications which include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook, as well as web based applications.
- Experienced individual seeking an Entry Level Administrative Assistant position with AutoZone. Coming with ability to keep secrecy in all employee interactions, and screen incoming telephone calls. Also bringing excellent verbal and written communication skills, a High School Diploma, 5 years general administrative/office and customer relations experience, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Certified Administrative Assistant with ability to coordinate the day-to-day activities of the assigned department and administrative operations while working closely with management staff. Longing for an Administrative Assistant position with Maine Medical Center, to bring strong written and oral communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills, good organizational skills, problem-solving skills, multi-tasking skills, ability to prioritize, a Bachelor’s degree, and 5 years experience in an administrative support role.
- Talented individual seeking to work with Texas State University as an Administrative Assistant with ability to work from a solution-driven prospective. Also bringing 5 years experience in a customer service role, experience with processing confidential information, and a high level of computer literacy in data entry, administrative support and bookkeeping.
- Hopeful to gain employment with Mantel Group as an Administrative Assistant to answer telephones and direct inquiries using a professional method, and maintain confidential personnel files. Also bringing ability to work effectively and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, school personnel, administrators, students, parents and supervisors, as well as demonstrate great computer skills.
- To obtain a position with Buena Vista University as an Administrative Assistant, to leverage ability to support the daily operations of Online and Site Programs through close attention to detail, excellent customer service, and ability to handle superior office skills and multiple tasks. Also bringing a Bachelor’s degree, proficiency in Microsoft Office, a service-directed attitude, as well as ability to work a variety of internal and external constituents and learn new software systems.
- Highly skilled individual with ability to support and perform a wide range of administrative duties and demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide service appropriate to the age of the patients served on the assigned unit, seeking to work with Summerlin Hospital Medical Center as an Administrative Assistant. Coming with 5 years of secretarial experience, an Associate degree and computer proficiency that include Word Processing, Spreadsheet and Database.
- Creative and problem-solving professional desirous to join a group of Administrators at San Dieguito Union High School District in the position of an Administrative Assistant, coming with an Associate degree, 5 years of increasingly responsible clerical and secretarial experience involving record keeping and frequent contact with the public, as well as ability to provide clerical and secretarial support to the Principal of the school.
- Flexible and energetic individual with knowledge and excellent administrative skills, seeking the position of an Administrative Assistant with McLane Company. Coming with ability to perform daily load audits; provide administrative support for the warehouse staff; perform computer word processing, presentations/graphic proficiency and spreadsheet skills; 5 years of administrative experience with working knowledge of office practices; and math and interpersonal skills.
- Active individual with vast administrative assisting skills and ability to support Staff Senate with tasks such as budget and p-card reconciliation, scheduling and attending meetings, and event planning and managing Staff Senate website. Seeking to apply 5 years experience in an administrative assistant job with Appalachian State University where Associate degree and previous office/clerical experience will be applied.
- Seeking an Entry Level Administrative Assistant position with University of Texas at Dallas where five years of office administration will be applied. Also bringing ability to handle administrative duties for department head and career function; make decisions and interpret administrative policies; maintain and monitor financial records; perform monthly financial account reconciliation and reporting; prepare vouchers; act as liaison to payroll and human resources; and handle related responsibilities.
- Passionate individual hopeful for an Administrative Assistant position with MC2Charter School, to work in a sector that will support high school learners. Also coming with communication skills, teamwork skills, interpersonal skills, and experience needed to take leadership position and run a successful school business.
- Team oriented individual eager to work at Fairfax in the role of an Administrative Assistant, bringing knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures; extensive experience and proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and general experience in creating and managing spreadsheets/databases. Also coming with ability to exercise diplomacy, prudence and initiative; ability to juggle multiple projects with excellent accuracy; and ability to operate a two-way radio.
- Seeking the job of an Administrative Assistant at FedEx Freight where ability to perform administrative duties in support of Managing Directors and department will be utilized. Also coming with an Associate degree, five years of business experience, good typing and data entry skills, proficiency with PC and Microsoft Office Software, as well as ability to handle confidential information.
- Extremely organized individual interested in securing an Administrative Assistant position with Jackson State University, bringing ability to provide information pertaining to office/ institutional procedures and policies, process confidential matters, and resolve and refer questions to appropriate departments on campus. Also coming with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university; thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic; strong interpersonal and problem solving skills; and customer service and team oriented.
- Individual with strong reasoning ability looking to contribute enough experience in the Administrative Assistant job at University of Utah. Coming with an Associate degree in business, five years work experience, demonstrated human relations and effective written and verbal communication skills, knowledge of basic bookkeeping practices and direct supervisory experience, and ability to provide complex administrative support for department management.
Administrative Assistant Qualifications: Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, training, and Experience for Resume Objective
Here are major qualifications, including skills, abilities, knowledge, training, and experience normally required for hiring for the administrative assistant position that you can apply in making your resume objective statement:
- Deep knowledge of arithmetic and business English and spelling, and ability to write letters
- Thorough knowledge of the procedures, regulations, and services of the assigned area
- Deep knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software and other modern office applications, practices and procedures
- Ability to work with statistical tables and charts, including creating and editing them
- Strong ability to perform arithmetical computations and tabulations swiftly with accuracy and speed
- Profound ability to keep complex and confidential information safe
- Strong ability to organize and assemble data
- Ability and capability to perform multiple tasks together at the same time with success
- Profound ability to prepare reports from computed data
- Good interpersonal, team work, and collaboration skills to maintain effective working relationship with team members, fellow employees, and the public
- High School diploma or equivalent educational level as least educational qualification; Bachelor’s degree may be preferred
- Previous work experience in executive support role
- Ability to work independently; monitor the work of others, and identify processes to change or improve upon in the operations of the department.
If you want to increase your chances of gaining the desired administrative assistant position, you need to start your resume with a powerful career objective statement.
This post provides useful ideas and examples you can apply in making highly compelling objective statements for your administrative assistant resume and increase your chances of getting the job.>> Create a professional resume in only 3 steps with the Awesome Resume Builder (it's free!) and increase your interview call ups.