To be considered for a position as a statistician, you must create a professional-looking resume for the position.
The position of a statistician is mostly reserved for professionals in the field of statistic, such as statisticians, mathematicians and econometricians.
To convince any hiring manager to give you a chance or invite you over for an interview, your resume must be in a language and manner that highlight your analytical and predictive ability as a statistician.
Steps in Writing a Good Statistician Resume
Your resume for the statistician job application must be tailored to target a particular organization.
So, you must make sure that the qualifications, expertise, and skills to be highlighted in the various sections of your resume are in line with the demands by the hiring organization.
In addition to making sure that your statistician resume is targeted, you must endeavor to make it concise, attractive, and error-free.
Your resume must be presented in a clean layout that will make it easy for the reader to understand the content of the document at a glance.
The key sections included in your statistician resume must be clearly highlighted to make them visible to the hiring manager or whoever will read the document.
Here are the major sections you may include in your statistician resume to make it effective:
Resume Objective Section
If you want to capture the attention of the hiring manager right from the beginning, then, you need to start your statistician resume with a powerful objective statement.
The objective statement of your resume should be able to inform the hiring manager that you are interested in working with his or her organization and possess the right set of qualifications and knowledge to perform as a statistician.
You must direct your objective statement to a specific company by stating the name of the hiring company. Doing this will help convince the hiring company that you are not just another desperate job seeker but a professional interested in helping the company to grow.
See example of objective statements for the statistician position:
Examples of Statistician Objective Statement for Resume
- Looking for the job of a statistician with Magenta Research Institute where over 10 years extensive experience in applied research, vast knowledge of statistical principles and proficiency in computer statistical software can be fully utilized.
- Seeking the position of a statistician with New Age Research institute where strong background in mathematics and proficiency in data collation, analysis and interpretation will be utilized to ensure the robustness and usefulness of statistical result.
Core Competence Section
Going through the job description provided by the hiring company will help you identify the relevant skills required by the hiring company.
It will also help you to understand the job duties that you are expected to fulfill if eventually employed in the position.
This information will help you to create a core competence section in line with the skills demanded by the hiring organization.
Job Experience Section
If you have worked before as a statistician for other organizations, then, make sure that some of the experiences you have garnered adorn the job experience section of your resume.
This will help you to convince the hiring manager that you have the qualities and experience needed to perform excellently as a statistician for the organization, having done so in the past.
If you are a fresh graduate statistician, it is also necessary that you include your internship and volunteer work experiences.
This will make the hirer to understand that you are hard working and giving you more training won’t be hard since you already have some hands-on experience.
Educational and Professional Qualification Section
Organizations mostly hire candidates with minimum of Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, or economics to work in this position.
So, make sure that you are academically qualified before creating your statistician resume. If you are academically fit for the job, the next thing to do is to arrange your academic qualifications and any professional qualification you may have in neat bullet points.
See example of a statistician resume, showing the various sections discussed above and how they are put together, below:
Statistician Resume Example/Sample/Template
5 Wealthfield Street, Dallas, Texas
Home: (+1) 765-918, Cell: (+1) 765-9108
Objective: Looking for the job of a statistician with Magenta Research Institute where over 10 years extensive experience in applied research, vast knowledge of statistical principles and proficiency in computer statistical software can be fully utilized.
- 10+ years’ extensive experience in applied research
- Strong academic background in statistics and mathematics
- Vast knowledge of statistical principles and concepts
- Strong proficiency in data collation, analysis and interpretation
- Strong proficiency in computer statistical software like E-view, SPSS, etc
- Effective leadership and teamwork skills
- Effective planning and communication skills.
Dallas Research Centre, Dallas, Texas
2006 – Presents
- Organized and headed meetings to discuss findings
- Managed team of statisticians and consultants
- Collated economic data and carried out proper analysis and interpretations
- Made forecasts based on statistical results and interpretations
- Participated in hiring and training of newly recruited staff
- Prepared questionnaires and interview questions to conduct research
- Entered statistical data into Excel and other spread sheet
- Made presentations to companies and government institutions
- Advised the state government and private institution
- Prepared and published quarterly economic report.
Educational and Professional Qualification
- Texas College, Dallas, Texas, Master’s degree in Statistical science, 2011
- Dallas City College, Dallas, Texas, Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, 2008.
Getting ahead of other applicants for the statistician job is important if you are to get it. to be ahead of the competition for the job, you need to make a good resume to present to employers for them to grant you an interview.
Learning how to make a great statistician resume is not as difficult as some people think, using the tips and template provided in this post will make it easy for you to make one whenever you need to send a new application.
Did you find this post helpful in making a good statistician resume? Please, leave your comment in the box below.
You will also like:
>> Create a professional resume in only 3 steps with the Awesome Resume Builder (it's free!) and increase your interview call ups.
> Have a better resume, get Free Resume Critique.
>> Discover what makes a good resume so you can make one that employers cannot resist.
I want to get help for my writing. I have got an assignment and now I have to write my paper today. First I need to get help from my deep research about the topic and later I need to help to collect all the necessary facts so that I can complete my writing. You are requested to help me asap so that i can finish my article today only.