Looking for good information about State Farm customer service representative job description? If yes, then you will find it on this post.
We discuss what the customer service representative do, including their key duties and responsibilities that make up the role.
Additional information about the job requirements and salary is presented as well.
What Does the State Farm Customer Service Representative Do?
The State Farm customer service representative job description involves providing exceptional customer service to an insurance policy holder.
It also entails providing great customer service to a non-insurance policy holder.
The State Farm customer service representative will also create personalized proposals for their customers and properly document each proposal.
It is also their responsibility to help policy holders with their claims inquiries and problems.
State Farm customer service representative will be constantly looking for additional opportunities to enhance the service they provide.
They will not only work hard but also get along with co-workers
As a part of their job description, customer service representative have a working knowledge of State Farm products and services and always be ready to take on difficult tasks and difficulties as necessary.
They examine each customer’s insurance application and policy in order to determine what is needed for any claims in the future, such as costs of repairs or replacement.
It is also their duty to determine insurance benefits being offered by the company, such as discounts and other benefits related to comprehensive coverage.
They also use their knowledge of insurance to recommend other options when the current policy does not seem to fit the customer needs.
More on State Farm Customer Service Representative Job Description
The State Farm customer service representative duties also involve interviewing each applicant in order to determine their eligibility for coverage.
It also includes making outbound calls to both clients and non-clients in order to build business relationships and to obtain new customers for the company.
Customer service representatives also give sales pitches about different policies and plans offered by the company, as well as generating interest on new policies, services, or changes in plans.
They also update new information about clients and policies in the company’s computer system.
State Farm customer service representative input all required data for investigation, approval, and issuance of a policy.
They will handle any administrative duties or special assignments that may be given by the manager or supervisor.
Customer service representatives at State Farm are good listeners and ask relevant questions in order to clarify information being relayed to them.
They are also willing to provide feedback to management when necessary in order to improve company operations and products.
State Farm Customer Service Representative Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The State Farm customer service representative job description consists of the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service to customers by resolving issues or concerns in a timely manner
- Answer questions from customers regarding insurance policies, claims, billing, payments, etc.
- Process applications for new business and renewals
- Solve problems that arise with the company’s computer systems
- Maintain records of all transactions made by the company
- Cross sell products and services
- Assist agents with training
- Follow up on complaints received from customers
- Work closely with other departments within the company to ensure smooth operations
- Resolve problems with the company’s internal processes
- Attend meetings and conferences
- Answer phone calls from customers
- Handle incoming requests for policy changes
- Help customers make payment arrangements
- Ensure customers’ accounts are correct and current
- Collect and record data necessary for processing claims
- Keep accurate records of customer transactions
- Ensure that customer files are organized and accessible
- Update customer profiles when needed
- Communicate with other department members
- Participate in special projects as requested.
State Farm Customer Service Representative Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume/CV as someone who is presently working as a State Farm customer service representative or have worked in that role before, then you can make an impressive Professional Experience section for your resume by highlighting that work experience.
You can apply the duties and responsibilities in your resume’s Professional Experience from the above job description example, to show that you have been successful performing the customer service representative duties and responsibilities with the State Farm.
With your resume/CV’s Professional Experience section written this way, your chances of getting the new job are greater, especially if it requires someone with some work experience as a customer service representative with the State Farm.
State Farm Customer Service Representatives Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the job of a customer service representative with the State Farm or other similar companies, here are some of the major requirements you may be asked to fulfil:
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to pass drug test before starting work
- Must pass background check before starting work
- If necessary, you must be willing to work overtime
- It is preferable to have a high school diploma or a general education diploma (GED) and be 18 years old or more
- Working in an office environment for at least one year is required
- Reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English are all required skills
- Flexible schedule: Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm; Saturday 9am – 1pm; Sunday 10am – 1pm
- Eligibility for benefits after 90 days of employment.
State Farm Customer Service Representatives Salary
Salaries for State Farm customer service representatives average $16 per hour according to Glassdoor.
Customer service representatives at the State Farm can make anywhere from $8.30 per hour ($16,600) to $27.00 per hour and $54,000 annually, depending on their experience and location.
This post is helpful to individuals who are interested in the customer service representative career with State Farm.
They can boost their knowledge of what the customer service representative role at State Farm does and so decide if that is what they want to do.
It is also beneficial to recruiters/employers in the insurance industry, to create a detailed description of the available customer service representative job for use in the company’s hiring process.