Sample Barclays Bank Interview Questions and Answers
Interviewing for a job at Barclays Bank is not a walk in the park, but it’s also not as difficult as you might think if you prepared well for the questions that will be asked.
With some preparation and practice, you can get through the process with flying colors.
We have compiled a list of some of the most common questions asked in interviews with Barclays Bank.
If you are looking to apply for a position at Barclays Bank, then this is an essential resource for you.
What do Barclays Bank look for when interviewing for a Position?
If you are interviewing for a job with Barclays Bank, here are some of the things interviewers may be looking for in the candidates they want to hire:
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely. This includes being able to answer questions about your background, experience, skills and qualifications.
It also means that you should be prepared to discuss any challenges or difficulties you may have faced in previous jobs.
2. Your motivation and commitment to work hard. You need to demonstrate that you will put in the effort required to succeed.
3. Your personality and how well you fit into the team.
10 Most Common Barclays Bank Interview Questions and Answers
Here are some of the questions you will commonly be asked in a job interview with Barclays Bank (with suggested answers):
- Tell me about yourself.
I am a qualified accountant and I worked in public accounting before joining Barclays. I enjoy working on my own accountancy projects and would like to continue doing so after I join Barclays.
2. Why did you choose Barclays?
I chose Barclays because I wanted to work in a fast-paced environment where I could use my skills to make a difference.
3. How long have you been interested in banking?
I have always had an interest in finance, but I didn’t really consider applying for a role until recently.
4. Where do you envision yourself doing in 5 years from now?
In five years from now I hope to be managing a large group of people and helping them achieve their goals.
5. Describe a typical day at work.
My days usually start by checking emails and answering calls from clients. Then I go through the daily tasks assigned to me and try to complete each one within the allocated timeframe.
6. What are your weaknesses?
I tend to procrastinate sometimes.
7. Do you feel comfortable with technology?
Yes, I have used computers since I was very young.
8. What are your strengths?
I am good at problem solving and communicating ideas.
9. What is your favorite book/movie/song?
I love reading books and listening to music. My favorite movie is “The Shawshank Redemption” and my favorite song is “Dream On” by Aerosmith.
10. What do you know about Barclays?
I know that Barclays has over 200 years of history and we operate in more than 60 countries around the world.
We employ over 100,000 people worldwide and we offer a wide range of products and services including retail banking, corporate banking, investment banking, asset management, and wealth management.
More Sample Barclays Bank Interview Questions
Here are additional interview questions to expect to be asked in a job interview at Barclays Bank:
Sample Behavioral Interview Questions for Barclays Bank Job Position
1. Tell me about a difficult situation you encountered.
2. Tell me about a time when you were successful.
3. What are some examples of your leadership qualities?
4. What are your hobbies outside of work?
5. What is your biggest weakness?
Sample Case Interview Questions for Barclays Bank Job Position
1. Describe a challenging project you have completed.
2. How do you deal with pressure?
3. Give me an example of a time when you failed to meet expectations.
4. Why do you want to work for Barclays?
5. What do you think is the most important thing to keep in mind during an interview?
Sample Competency Interview Questions for Barclays Bank Job Position
1. Describe a time when you made a mistake while performing your job duties.
2. What do you see as the main responsibilities of a senior Accountant?
3. What are your strengths?
4. Who is your hero?
5. What is your greatest fear?
Sample Problem-solving Interview Questions for Barclays Bank Job Position
1. Tell me about a time when there was a conflict between two or more parties.
2. Describe a time when you had to solve a problem without any information.
3. What part of your job would you say is the worst?
4. What is your biggest strength?
5. Who do you admire?
Sample Situational Interview Questions for Barclays Bank Job Position
1. How would you describe yourself?
2. What is your goal in life?
3. What would you alter in the world if you had the power to do so?
4. What is your biggest attraction to working here?
5. What do you dislike most about working here?
Sample Communication Skills Interview Questions for Barclays Bank Job Position
1. What are the three things you look for in a potential employer?
2. What are the three things you don’t look for in a potential employee?
3. What is your definition of success?
4. What motivates you?
5. What makes you angry?
Sample Interpersonal Skills Interview Questions for Barclays Bank Job Position
1. What is your opinion on team building?
2. What do people usually say about you?
3. What do you consider to be the most important skill for a professional?
4. What type of person do you prefer to work with?
5. What kind of person do you avoid?
Sample Company Culture Interview Questions for Barclays Bank Job Position
1. Do you feel comfortable asking questions? Why/why not?
2. Do you feel comfortable giving advice? Why/why not?
3. What is one value you hold dear?
4. What does being a member of this company mean to you?
5. What is your favorite quote?
Sample Finance Interview Questions for Barclays Bank Job Position
1. What is the difference between a good and bad investment?
2. What types of investments can I expect to find at Barclays?
3. What should I know before investing my money?
4. What should I know about the stock market?
5. What should I know if I am interested in becoming a broker?
Barclays Interview Success Tips
If you want to get into Barclays Bank, then read these tips carefully to help you effectively prepare for the interview questions and perform excellently:
1. Research the organization thoroughly. Know everything about the company from its history to its current state.
2. Be prepared to answer all the questions asked by the interviewer. If you’re unsure about something, inquire from them.
3. Dress appropriately. You must wear a suit and tie for interviews.
4. Practice your answers. Prepare some responses to the questions that may come up during the interview.
5. Don’t forget to smile! Smiling shows confidence and charm.
6. Finally, relax. The interview is just an opportunity to show how capable you are.
7. Always follow up after the interview. Thank the interviewer for their time and let him know whether he has been selected for the next round of interviews.
8. Keep practicing until you become confident and successful.
The interview process at Barclays Bank is very competitive. Success requires a lot of hard work and dedication to be able to answer the tough questions you will be asked correctly.
But once you have made it through the interview process, you will be rewarded with a job offer. Good luck!