Walmart Customer Service Manager Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the Walmart customer service manager job description to help increase your knowledge of what they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly make up the Walmart customer service manager work description.
It also highlights the major requirements, including skills and experience that you will be expected to meet to be hired for the customer service manager position by Walmart or other companies.
Please, continue reading to learn more about the Walmart customer service manager career:
What Does a Walmart Customer Service Manager Do?
A Walmart customer service manager is responsible for acting as a liaison between Walmart and its customers and providing the customers with efficient, reliable, and flawless service.
He/she is also saddled with the responsibility of making sure that Walmart customers are satisfied; ensuring that orders and/or transactions are correctly and accurately processed, as well as answering questions or resolving complaints that customers may have.
In other words, a Walmart customer service manager refers to one whose duty is to ensure that the satisfaction and retention levels of customers are optimized, and also to oversee the process of motivating and training staff when required.
The Walmart customer service manager job description entails making sure that the needs of customers are satisfied by providing and promoting excellent customer service and ensuring that the Walmart service standards are met.
Some of the duties that may be executed by a Walmart customer service manager include enhancing customer service experience, overseeing and handling customer issues, and setting a clear goal, as well as deploying strategies that are geared towards achieving the goal.
One of the crucial tasks that are carried out by a Walmart customer service manager is to provide excellent customer service and ensure that other staff members do the same.
This involves creating policies and procedures to be adhered to while attending to customers, ensuring that other employees are trained appropriately, and providing technical support for customers when required.
He/she is also saddled with the responsibility of hiring, training, and managing staff by supervising other Walmart employees and ensuring that they work efficiently to meet the Company’s expectations.
He/she is also responsible for carrying out performance evaluations and handling disciplinary actions when required.
Walmart customer service managers also have to promote the process of marketing and selling of goods and services, which involves enhancing sales and assisting with the implementation of marketing strategies, as well as developing and maintaining strong relationships with customers.
They must also stay informed and up-to-date on the latest industry techniques, trends, and methods.
To efficiently and effectively carry out his/her task as a customer service manager with Walmart or other companies, the ideal candidate for this role must have certain skills and qualities.
These include excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and good teamwork skills; ability to pay particular attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
Others skills and qualities needed to succeed as a customer service manager at Walmart or other retailers include good customer service skills, good leadership skills, and good organizational skills.
In terms of educational background, individuals who want to work in the customer service manager role at Walmart or other Companies are expected to possess at least a High School diploma, or a Bachelor’s degree in some cases.
Walmart Customer Service Manager Salary: The average salary for a Walmart customer service manager, according to Payscale, is $58,195 annually.
Walmart Customer Service Manager Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The Walmart customer service manager job description entails the duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Handling and responding to customer service issues in a timely manner
- Developing customer satisfaction goals and coordinating a team to meet them steadily
- Developing and implementing processes and procedures to improve operational efficiency
- Strictly adhering to and managing the approved budget
- Liaising with managers and/or other department heads to discuss and determine possible improvements to customer service
- Managing cross-functional work areas aimed at resolving issues raised by customers
- Staying informed and up-to-date on the latest industry techniques, trends, and methods
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate records, and documenting all customer service activities and discussions.
Walmart Customer Service Manager Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume or CV and have worked previously in the Walmart customer service manager role or are presently working in that position, citing that work experience can significantly boost your resume.
You should therefore add the professional or work experience section to your resume/CV to show to the recruiter/employer that you have been successful performing the duties and responsibilities of a Walmart customer service manager.
This piece of information in your resume/CV can greatly influence the recruiter/employer to grant you an interview, especially if the new position requires someone with some experience working as a customer service manager with Walmart or other retailers.
You can go ahead to create a compelling professional experience section for your resume or CV by applying the above Walmart customer service manager job description example.
Walmart Customer Service Manager Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking to work as a customer service manager with Walmart or other similar companies, here are major requirements you may be expected to meet to be hired:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, since a customer service manager is expected and required to ensure and enhance excellent customer service by interacting with customers as well as other staff and managers
- Good teamwork skills, as he/she must work hand-in-hand with other staff to meet company’s expectations and also optimize customer satisfaction
- Excellent problem-solving skills, since he/she must be able to handle and fix customer issues and complaints
- Good customer service skills are essential since the job role of a customer service manager revolves around helping to build good customer relations
- Good leadership skills, since a customer service manager may be required to hire other employees as well as motivate and train them
- A minimum High School diploma educational level, though some employers may require candidates to have a Bachelor’s degree.
This post is helpful to individuals who are interested in the customer service manager role at Walmart or with other related companies.
They will be able to learn all they need to know about the Walmart customer service manager duties and responsibilities, and so will be able to correctly decide if the job is what they want to do.
This article is also useful to recruiters/employers needing to find and hire the best candidates for the vacant customer service manager job in their companies.
They can create an effective description of the available customer service manager position that they want to fill by applying the sample Walmart customer service manager job description provided on this page for use in the recruitment process.