Ross Sales Associate Job Description, Duties, and Responsibilities
What Does a Ross Sales Associate Do?
The Rose sales associate is responsible for ensuring that customers receive the best service and leave with a positive experience shopping at the store.
His/her job description entails creating a shopping environment that is customer focused; welcoming customers with a warm friendly greeting and making eye contact.
He/she presents merchandise accurately and operates the cash register following Ross policies and procedures, and ensures fellow associates are treated with respect and courtesy.
The Ross retail associate role is also responsible for maintaining a clean, tidy work environment always and provides outstanding customer service in accordance with the company customer service guidelines.
At Ross, the sales associate should expect to work in various store functions that may be assigned, including Merchandising, Fitting Room, Fine Jewelry, Sizing/Recovery, Front End, Cash Office, Customer Service, Stock Room, Markdowns, and Cashiering.
He/she should be able to display versatility and be able to effectively perform various tasks across all areas of the store in the course of working hours each day.
He/she may also be required when necessary by the supervisor or management to perform specific tasks that will enable Ross meet its operational and customer service goals.
The work description of the sales associate at Ross also includes cashiering duties performed in accordance with company procedures and policies.
He/she has the responsibility to control shortages by improving his/her personal awareness and adhering to Ross standards and theft deterrent policies.
Ross Sales Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The retail sales associate at Ross performs various functions in ensuring that customers have exceptional shopping experience.
The kind of tasks, duties, and responsibilities performed by sales associates at Ross are shown in the job description example below:
- Display professionalism, friendliness, respect, and true courtesy to customers always
- Respond to customer service calls and issues promptly in a helpful and courteous manner, having in mind to treat customer service as top priority always
- Ensure counts, markdowns, and inventories are taken accurately as scheduled
- Ensure ticketing, presentation, and merchandise sizing are done to Ross standards by cross-performing in all assigned areas, including processing new receipts and bringing them to the sales floor in line with productivity standards and in accordance with company best practices, following the Salesfloor Presentation Guide in merchandising all items, and ensuring brand name/merchandise familiarity throughout all departments to aid customers
- Maintain an organized, clean, and neat store by carrying out light cleaning and daily recovery
- Provide assistance to customers in all ways possible and as may be necessary, including assisting customers with merchandise, providing correct answers to customers’ questions in a knowledgeable and polite manner. Greet all customers through out the store with “hello” and a warm smile, and with every sale registered say “thank you”. Process all registered transactions meeting productivity standards and in accordance with Ross best practices
- Display high level of honesty and integrity in interacting with customers and associates
- Ensure merchandise, cash and credit card information, and confidential information are safeguarded
- Ensure a high degree of customer contact and awareness on the sales floor, which produces a shopping environment that is safe and secure for everyone
- Ensure a safe shopping and working environment for customers and associates; reporting any observed practices or conditions that may jeopardize safety to the store management; minimizing losses, risks to company by adhering to Ross best practices
- Carry out review and approval of all disposals by following all Mark-Out-of-Stock policies such as the proper processing of each merchandise, identification of MOS merchandise, and the notification of store management
- Ensure a high degree of accuracy and awareness when working on bankable tenders
- Adhere to all associate purchases policies, as well as policies and practices relating to company scheduling and timekeeping.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Ross Sales Associate Role
Here are major requirements you need to meet to be considered for interview if you are seeking the job of sales associate at Ross:
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone, or in writing with associates, customers, and the supervisor in a respectful, pleasant, cooperative, and friendly manner
- Strong ability to apply store equipment such as registers, PDTs, and PCs
- Strong ability to stand, move around the store, and walk all through work hours
- Ability to climb, squat, reach, stoop, bend at the waist, carry, and kneel regularly
- Ability to reach overhead and above shoulders regularly
- Strong ability to carry out fine manipulative activities with both hands, and to pinch and grip items repeatedly
- Ability to lift and carry 10 pounds, pull, and push regularly and occasionally carry more than 20 pounds
- Strong ability to apply assigned supplies, including ladders, rolling racks, and cleaning equipment
- Ability to carry out basic math calculations typically used in the retail industry
- Possess deep understanding of Great People, Neat, Clean & Organized, Fast & Friendly Service, Driving Great Contribution, and Delivering the Treasure and other Ross Customer Service Programs and Best Practices
- Possess strong understanding of the Loss Prevention Awareness program, the SPS, and the Shortage Highway position
- Strong understanding and ability to perform all emergency procedures for robbery, fire, power failure, etc.
- Strong understanding of all procedures and policies relating to offline procedures, check, cash, voids, charge card and refund transactions.
The job description sample for the role of the retail sales associate at Ross and other information contained in this post will be useful to you if you are seeking to start a career with the company.
With this information, you will be able to learn about what the role entails and what you require to be hired for the position and succeed in it.
Did you find this article helpful in learning about what the Ross sales associate do? Please, leave a comment in the box below. You can also share your work experience if you work at Ross as a retail sales associate.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.