This post provides detailed information on the nonprofit program coordinator job description, including the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities they typically perform.
It also highlights the major requirements you may be expected to meet to be hired for the nonprofit program coordinator role.
What Does a Nonprofit Program Coordinator Do?
A nonprofit program coordinator is responsible for communicating with the Non Profit Association to obtain fundraising and other donations.
The nonprofit program coordinator job description entails organizing and conducting fundraising activities, including phone calls, letters and emails.
It also involves scheduling the fundraising activities in advance for various events, such as corporate events or party sales on holidays, etc.
Nonprofit program coordinators manage all fundraising campaigns, including checking statistics by month and year to make sure everything is in order.
This job role interacts with the members of the Non Profit Association to inform them about any upcoming events via email, phone call or letter.
The nonprofit program coordinator is also responsible for coordinating the fundraising activities by preparing schedule, planning, and conducting the fundraising activities, such as call center, mass distribution of mail and newsletters.
They handle daily operations of organization and ensure that there is no overlapping or lack of work items within their job scope.
Nonprofit program coordinators make sure all the members of the Non Profit Association are fully briefed and informed of all upcoming events by having meetings with all the members.
This role handles all correspondence and phone calls by handling all the questions and concerns by coming up with a solution for each problem.
One of their duties involves monitoring the progress of the organization by keeping track of the donations collected and updates the board of directors with all information, such as amount raised, number of staff, etc.
Coordinating the events and planning them accordingly to comply with set deadlines and other requirements is also one the duties of the nonprofit program coordinators.
Additionally, this professional makes sure that all members are informed with updated information regarding their program or event by sending out newsletters, emails, or other important information.
They nonprofit program coordinator work description also involves supervising office staff by making sure they are performing their daily duties in accordance with Non Profit Association objectives, policies, and procedures.
It also entails managing office staff by getting rid of clutter and maintaining a clean organized environment.
They coordinate various office duties by making sure all the members are fully informed of their respective tasks.
The nonprofit program coordinator also gets involved in team activities, such as planning parties, outings or other events that enhance the office morale, and makes sure everyone is doing their job properly.
Dealing with press release distribution, website administration, and other daily office operations are part of the responsibilities of the nonprofit program coordinator.
Nonprofit Program Coordinator Job Description Sample/Example/Template
The nonprofit program coordinator job description consists of the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Communicates with clients and resources for setting up a nongovernmental organization (NGO) or nonprofit organization (NPO)
- Prepares financial and budgeting plans for the organization’s activities by compiling the information from research and other sources, such as, archives, newspaper articles, etc.
- Conducts research to determine programs that fit into the nonprofit program
- Prepares educational material, teaching materials, music and entertainment programs for various seminars, workshops, etc.
- Maintains database of the organization’s membership
- Makes suggestions for the establishment of nonprofit programs, which will facilitate the development of community resources
- Designs promotional programs that can be conducted for awareness among target groups with regard to various nonprofit activities
- Conducts surveys and researches to determine the best way to establish the nonprofit organization, establishing a people bank, developing a program for widows and orphans, etc.
- Collects membership fees from new members of the organization
- Interprets technical data related to the nonprofit program’s planning and implementation
- Maintains records of activities conducted in connection with programs undertaken by the organization
- Prepares reports based on activities undertaken, as well as produces publications for dissemination purposes in connection with specific programs undertaken by the organization
- Maintains database of the organization’s membership.
Nonprofit Program Coordinator Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before as a nonprofit program coordinator or are presently working in that role and are making a new resume or CV, then you can craft a compelling Professional Experience for your resume by applying the nonprofit program coordinator job description example provided above.
You can express the duties and responsibilities that you carried out as a nonprofit program coordinator or that you are currently performing in your resume’s Professional Experience by utilizing the ones in the above nonprofit program coordinator job description template.
This will show that you have been effective performing the role of a nonprofit program coordinator, which can greatly enhance your chances of being hired for the new job that you are seeking, especially if it requires someone with some nonprofit program coordinator work experience.
Nonprofit Program Coordinator Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
Here are important requirements you may be asked to meet to be hired by most recruiters/employers for the nonprofit program coordinator job:
- Good communication skills and ability to relate with different people in different communities/organizations
- Commercial expertise (knowing how to market or advertise your products or services)
- Work experience or solid educational background in nonprofit programs, especially in marketing and fund raising
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and in team management
- Familiarity with computer programs, especially those concerned with business, sales, fund raising or general accounting.
- Ability to plan and organize, review the status of all programs of the organization and having good analytical skills.
Nonprofit Program Coordinator Salary
According to Glassdoor, the national average compensation for a nonprofit program coordinator in the United States is $45,260 per year.
The nonprofit program coordinator is a career that deals with the operations needed to keep the NPO running smoothly.
This position requires multiple skill sets and job duties to ensure projects are being executed properly and effectively.
The nonprofit program coordinator must be able to do research, plan program activities and events, use good judgment with minimal supervision, work in teams, and be able to work under pressure.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the nonprofit program coordinator career.
They will be able to learn all they need to know about what nonprofit program coordinators do, to be able to decide if that’s the job they want to do.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers in making detailed job description for the nonprofit program coordinator position in their organizations, for use in hiring competent individuals for the role.