McDonald’s Assistant Manager Job Description, Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information about the McDonald’s assistant manager job description to help you learn what they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that typically make up the McDonald’s assistant manager work description.
It also presents the requirements that anyone interested in the assistant manager position with McDonald’s will be expected to fulfill to be hired.
Please, read on to improve your knowledge of the McDonald’s assistant manager career:
What Does a McDonald’s Assistant Manager Do?
A McDonald’s assistant manager is responsible for working collaboratively with the manager and/or the management team of a McDonald’s restaurant to provide administrative and clerical support.
He/she assists the manager of a McDonald’s restaurant to ensure that the restaurant runs smoothly by carrying out some managerial tasks such as overseeing and managing the activities of the employees and providing excellent customer service.
In other words, a McDonald’s assistant manager oversees and maintains a team of highly motivated staff in the Company’s restaurant to monitor their operations, and also guides entry-level employees through their day-to-day responsibilities.
A McDonald’s assistant manager is responsible for ensuring that sales and growth objectives are achieved while also maintaining the Company’s standards of excellence for his/her assigned shift by efficiently and effectively managing the flow of foodservice.
Some of the duties that may also be executed by a McDonald’s assistant manager include assisting the manager in the process of organization, planning, and implementation of strategy; overseeing and managing restaurant operations, and making sure that restaurant schedule and objectives are met by employees.
One of the crucial tasks that are carried out by a McDonald’s assistant manager is to oversee, supervise, and train employees, which involves being heavily involved in the daily supervision of the activities of employees, which may include scheduling, conflict resolution, payroll management, and discipline when required.
He/she is also saddled with the responsibility of delivering efficient and maximized customer service by often being the first managerial individual to interact with customers, resolve their complaints, address their concerns, and also provide information on McDonalds company policies.
The assistant manager also must stand in for the restaurant manager when required, which involves being ready to assume the manager’s duties in his/her absence, such as gathering and completing reports and making hiring and firing decisions when required.
The assistant manager may also be required to listen to and handle complaints from customers, examine and analyze their behavior, and adjust foodservice positioning.
To work as a assistant manager at McDonald’s requires having certain skills and qualities including excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, good teamwork skills, good decision-making skills, good leadership skills, good customer service skills, good organizational skills, and good listening skills.
Academically, the ideal candidate for the assistant manager role at McDonald’s is usually expected to have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or in a related/relevant field.
McDonald’s Assistant Manager Salary: The average salary for a McDonalds assistant manager role, according to Payscale, is $45,522 annually.
McDonald’s Assistant Manager Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The McDonald’s assistant manager job description typically includes the duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Ensuring food service quality and availability
- Motivating and guiding employees, as well as providing good leadership and direction to them
- Guiding and monitoring staff to ensure and maintain McDonald’s Company standards in providing excellent customer services
- Ensuring that sales and growth objectives, as well as the McDonald’s Company standards of excellence are attained
- Being ready to assume the manager’s job duties in his/her absence, such as gathering and completing reports, making hiring and firing decisions when required, and so on
- Carrying out tasks assigned by the McDonald’s restaurant manager efficiently, accurately, and in a timely manner
- Handling customer complaints, as well as examining and analyzing their behavior to adjust foodservice positioning
- Motivating employees and taking disciplinary action when necessary.
McDonald’s Assistant Manager Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a resume/CV for a new job and have worked before at McDonald’s in the position of assistant manager, or are presently working in that role, it will be helpful to your application to have that work experience in your resume/CV.
That means you have to include the professional or work experience section in your resume to enable you to show to the recruiter/employer that you have been successful performing the duties and responsibilities of an assistant manager with the McDonald’s restaurant.
This piece of information can be a big boost to your job application and can cause the recruiter/employer to invite you to an interview, especially if the new job that you are seeking requires some work experience as an assistant manager with a foods company like McDonald’s.
You can easily create a compelling professional experience section for your resume/CV by applying the McDonald’s assistant manager job description example shown above.
McDonald’s Assistant Manager Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities – for Career Success
If you are seeking the assistant manager role with the McDonald’s Company or other foods restaurants, the requirements you may be expected to fulfill include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to interact with customers and staff, as well as write reports to submit to the manager
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with the restaurant manager
- Good decision-making skills to be able to make decisions and take actions in the absence of the manager
- Good leadership skills to efficiently and effectively oversee and manage employees as well as supervise and motivate them
- Good customer service skills to be able to ensure that customers are well-attended to and food services are optimized
- Good listening skills to be able to effectively listen and pay attention to customers’ complaints and resolve them
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related/relevant field.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the assistant manager career with McDonald’s or other restaurants.
They will be able to improve their knowledge of the duties and responsibilities that majorly define the McDonald’s assistant manager job description, and so will be able to make an informed decision whether to go ahead with the career or not.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers looking to hire the best candidates for the vacant assistant manager position in their restaurants.
They can apply the sample McDonald’s assistant manager job description provided on this page in making a detailed description of the vacant assistant manager position for use in the hiring process to attract and find the best qualified candidates for the job.