Macy’s Sales Manager Job Description, Duties, and Responsibilities
What Does a Macy’s Sales Manager Do?
Sales managers at Macy’s are responsible for driving sales by focusing on satisfying customers. His/her job description entails all activities that involve presenting an organized, neat, and clean shopping environment to customers.
His/her role also involves providing leadership for coaching, training, and developing a team of effective sales associates for the success of the store.
He/she works with the store manager to coordinate the entire daily activities of the store, including merchandising, talent acquisition, coaching, selling, and retail excellence.
The sales manager is expected to deliver company objectives and sales plan consistently using relevant tools, as well as to implement the store’s strategic plan seamlessly to boost business.
By utilizing reporting tools, the sales manager is able to identify opportunities to achieve both store and individual goals and drive sales consistently.
He/she is also responsible for collaborating with the store manager to boost store’s performance by continually coaching and inspiring the team to success.
It is also part of the duties of the Macy’s sales manager to create a development-focused environment that encourages teamwork, career growth, and talent retention, which invariably leads to better store’s sales performance.
He/she provides continual support for the growth and development of associates through quality coaching, as well as enables a motivating and inspiring work environment that positively projects the store’s brand integrity and makes the team effective brand ambassadors.
To be effective on the job, the manager is required to have a plan for self improvement and to find opportunities for self development in line with the plan.
The work description of the sales manager at Macy’s also entails ensuring that individual associate delivers consistently by building the right emotional connection with all members of the team, which results in the delivering of Macy’s experience.
It also involves spending most time on the sales floor interacting with and getting feedback from customers, and developing relationships with them.
The sales manager also acts as an ambassador for Macy’s store and work to build the company’s brand by consistently implementing its standards.
He/she must be knowledgeable of the store’s products, including new merchandise all the time, as well as industry trends.
The manager is responsible for implementing procedures and operational policies, and maintaining brand standards, as well as communicating information relating to incentives, contests, and promotion to the team.
Macy’s Sales Manager Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Macy’s sales manager performs various functions to ensure increased sales performance for the store.
The typical duties, tasks, and responsibilities perform by Macy’s sales managers are shown in the job description example below:
- Apply Macy’s initiatives to boost sales and exceed goals
- Provide leadership to the sales team to boost sales through quality coaching
- Carry out review on report, identify deficient areas, execute action plans with focus on correcting deficient areas
- Observe best selling products and major items; inform store management on merchandise needed by customers to enhance the My Macy’s process
- Make sure presentations relating to promotions are accurate; provide information about sales and advertising to associates
- Collaborate with the merchandising team to plan and implement sales set-up, floor moves, and merchandise placement
- Carry out a monthly review of your personal Selling Area Scorecard for your Sales and Star Rewards and Associate Turnover results
- Ensure compliance with weekend and attendance hours by staff
- Emphasize the benefits of the Star Rewards Program to associates as a means of motivating them to sign up for a new account
- Make sure all company policies and procedures are adhered to in carrying out assigned functions
- Provide quality coaching to associates to enable them deliver effective and consistent selling behaviors that produces increased customer engagement
- Create and communicate strategies to associates to help improve results; perform review and application of Associate Scorecards to give recognition
- Observe associates on selling behavior two times a day and ensure they provide all customers excellent shopping experience
- Perform daily informal observations and coaching to Associate Scorecard metrics each week, specifying one focus metric and behaviors to enhance a particular metric
- Carry out lead selling initiatives as required throughout the store and ensure the sales floor is maximally covered
- Ensure an easy to shop, neat, and clean environment, as well as top customer readiness standards
- Hire a team of qualified and effective sales associates and develop a bench for promotions and future advancements
- Ensure timely conduct of training for all associates, and that assigned mentors engage effectively with newly hired associates
- Perform in-store product training for associates with vendor representatives to help them develop strong knowledge of products
- Responsible for filling open positions with priority for High Level selling areas, Specialist, and internal Associates in Commission
- Participate in Macy’s recognition program and reward deserving associates with recognition cards
- Hold weekly departmental meetings with associates; discuss opportunities and identify top selling associates
- Strive to keep best performing associates by carrying out talent analysis and designing career progression plans for key positions and players
- Carry out associate promotion, advancement, and talent development by applying review process as a toll
- Supervise and timely respond to performance issues
- Attend to and resolve the concerns of associates in a fair and reasonable manner in accordance to company values
- Help create healthier and stronger place to work and live by leading team to support giving back to the local community of store location.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Macy’s Sales Manager Role
To be hired for the role of the sales manager at Macy’s, you will be expected to meet certain requirements, including the following:
- 1-3 years of work experience in a service-driven organization in a supervisory or leadership role
- Strong ability to build and empower a team
- Strong ability to work together and function effectively in a team environment
- Strong ability to develop and implement plans and strategies
- Outstanding communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities quickly
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to act swiftly, decisively, and persistently when faced with obstacles; strong ability to expect and solve problems quickly
- Ability to uphold the highest professional business standards and integrity.
This post, including the sample job description provided will help you learn about the duties and responsibilities of the sales manager at Macy’s if you are interested in the position. This information will help you prepare adequately for the role.
Did you find this post helpful in learning about what sales managers at Macy’s do? Please, share your thoughts about this article in the comment box below. Do also share the description of your job if you work at Macy’s as a sales manager.