This post provides complete information on the family dollar assistant manager job description, to help you learn what they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the work description of a Family Dollar assistant manager.
Please, read on:
What Does a Family Dollar Assistant Manager Do?
The Family Dollar assistant manager is responsible for the daily operations of the store.
His/her duty is to ensure that the store operates in an efficient manner while providing a safe environment for employees and customers.
The Family Dollar assistant manager operates the cash register and other equipment used in the operation of the store.
Their responsibility also include making sure the store is clean and organized.
They assist customers to make their selections from the shelves and help them find what they need.
The Family dollar assistant manager job description involves ensuring that all company policy and procedures are followed, as well as following all safety rules and regulations.
It is the duty of the family dollar assistant manager to restock merchandise on the shelf as needed, and assist with any special events or promotions.
The assistant manager also ensures that all areas of the store are clean and orderly.
It is part of their jobs to maintain proper inventory levels.
As a an assistant manager at Family Dollar, you have to report any problems or concerns about the store to management immediately.
You are also involved in setting up displays and promotional items.
The Family Dollar assistant manager delegates tasks to the store managers and supervisors.
They work closely with the store managers and supervisors to ensure that all stores are operating efficiently.
They train new associates and provide guidance and assistance when necessary.
They monitor the performance of the staff and take corrective action if necessary.
The Family Dollar assistant manager also communicates effectively with customers, vendors, and other departments within the organization to further the goals of the organization.
They promote the image of the organization by being friendly and helpful to customers and colleagues..
They may be asked to perform various types of physical labor, such as stocking shelves, cleaning restrooms, moving boxes, lifting heavy objects.
They perform routine maintenance and repairs on the store’s facilities.
Family Dollar Assistant Manager Job description Sample/Example/Template
The Family Dollar assistant manager job description entails the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Provide customer service to customers in a courteous manner by assisting them with their needs
- Answer questions, provide information, and help customers find products they are looking for
- Assist store managers in maintaining inventory levels and ensuring that shelves are stocked with merchandise
- Keep track of sales and ensure that cash registers ring up accurate numbers
- Set employee schedules and monitor performance of employees
- Conduct audits and inspections of stores to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Hire and train new employees
- Delegate work as needed
- Maintain records of transactions and other financial matters
- Maintain inventory control
- Prepare reports and make recommendations regarding operations
- Meet with management periodically to provide updates on operations and suggest improvements
- Track and report on any problems or issues that may arise within the organization
- Fill in for absent managers when necessary
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the department’s programs and services
- Manage the budget and make sure it is balanced
- Work with vendors and suppliers to obtain supplies and equipment.
Family Dollar Assistant Manager Job Description for Resume
If you are making a resume or CV for a new job as someone who has worked before or are presently working in the role of an assistant manager at Family Dollar, you can highlight that experience in the Professional Experience section of your resume to make it more effective.
You can highlight the Family Dollar assistant manager duties and responsibilities from the sample job description provided above in your resume’s Professional Experience section to show that you have been effective performing the role.
This piece of information in your resume can have a great impact on the recruiter/employer to consider you for the new position, especially if the job requires someone with some work experience as an assistant manager with Family Dollar or other related companies.
Family Dollar Assistant Manager Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the assistant manager role with Family Dollar or other similar companies, here are major requirements that you may be expected to meet to be hired:
- Minimum age is 18 years old
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand, read, write, and speak, and converse in English effectively
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching, stooping, bending, twisting, kneeling, standing, walking, climbing stairs, crouching, crawling, and working at heights
- Must have good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Must be able and willing to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime
- Knowledge and ability to use computer systems and software applications relevant to the industry
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet Explorer
- Eligible candidates must pass a background check and drug test.
Family Dollar Assistant Manager Salary
The average Family Dollar stores assistant manager’s compensation is $13 per hour, according to Glassdoor.
The assistant manager’s pay ranges from $8 to $23 per hour at Family Dollar stores.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in working as an assistant manager at Family Dollar; they will be able to learn about what the role entails.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers in similar industry as Family Dollar who are looking to hire for the assistant manager position in their companies.
They can apply the Family Dollar assistant manager job description example provided on this page in making a detailed description of the position for their companies for use in their recruitment process.