This post provides detailed information on the customer service supervisor job description, including the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities they commonly perform.
It also highlights the major requirements that you may be asked to meet to be hired for the customer service supervisor role by most employers/recruiters.
What Does a Customer Service Supervisor Do?
A customer service supervisor is responsible for all the customer service operations within their organization or department.
The customer service supervisor job description entails assisting the manager or employer in ensuring that all customers are well taken care of and this includes assisting and training others to deliver good customer experience.
It involves ensuring that high standards of efficiency, quality, accuracy, and cost-effectiveness are achieved and that subordinates meet their objectives, deadlines, and standards.
The customer service supervisor will assist and offer guidance to subordinates who need help in learning new and more complex tasks.
He/she is in charge of hiring, training and evaluation of employees as part of the human resources department.
Their duties also include supervising the activities related to personnel, such as recruitment, selection, employee training, performance appraisal and disciplinary action when a problem occurs.
Customer service supervisors interview job applicants according to organizational requirements and standard operating procedures of the company.
The customer service supervisor work description also involves disciplining employees who violate company policies or procedures through corrective actions like verbal warning or termination of employment if necessary.
It also entails planning, communicating, and controlling work flow in a department and organization.
The supervisor will recommend changes, improvements or additions to the rules, methods or procedures that are related to the duties of subordinates
Customer Service Supervisor Job Description Sample/Example/Template
The customer service supervisor job description consists of the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Manage the tasks of the customer service supervisor
- Record the statistics of the customer service supervisor, employees, and customers in the performance report
- Control and handle complaints when they come to the customer service supervisor’s office
- Create a survey form to evaluate the customer experience that clients have when they come to the customer service supervisor’s office
- Process a complaint letter received by telephone or in person so it can be dealt with quickly and efficiently without delay or unnecessary delay
- Find the real cause of a problem to give customers a satisfactory answer
- Give the customer a full set of information about his or her rights and responsibilities
- Keep information about clients’ complaints on record for 3 years so that problems can be dealt with effectively so as not to repeat the same mistakes
- Analyze the complaints received from customers so that it can be used to improve the quality of services offered by your company
- Complete a report of customer complaints and make recommendations for how to improve service based on the quality of all received complaints
- Keep customers informed about any delays in providing services or goods
- Follow up with customers after the problem has been resolved so as to collect feedback from them on how you solved their issues.
Customer Service Supervisor Job Description for Resume
If you have worked previously in the position of a customer service supervisor or are currently working in that role and are making a new resume or CV, then you can create a compelling Professional Experience section for your resume by applying the sample customer service supervisor job description provided above.
You can express the duties and responsibilities that you carried out or are presently performing as a customer service supervisor in your resume’s Professional Experience by utilizing the customer service supervisor job description example provided above.
This will show that you have been successful performing the duties and responsibilities of a customer service supervisor, which can greatly boost your chances of being hired for the new position that you are applying for, especially if it requires someone with some customer service supervisor work experience.
Customer Service Supervisor Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
Here are important requirements that candidates may be expected to fulfill to be hired by most recruiters/employers for the customer service supervisor position:
- Excellent people skills in order to deal with customers or clients
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures so they can provide information in understandable terms to clients
- Must be excellent communicators because customer service supervisors will engage with customers, clients and other employees regarding various issues concerning the services they offer
- Have the ability and willingness to solve problems that are brought up by customers, clients, or other employees as it pertains to their job function
- Possess accurate knowledge in the rules and regulations of the industry they are working in
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, customers employees and other officials
- Must be good time managers because they will have to prioritize their work
- Ability to monitor and evaluate the work performance of staff under their supervision
- Must have good analytical skills so they can anticipate problems that might arise so they can avoid them
- Ability to give clear directives or instructions to subordinates or employees they have direct supervision over
- Well organized with excellent problem-solving skills because they will be responsible for solving problems as part of their job description
- Must be honest and trustworthy because they are in a position to access confidential information about customers and clients.
Customer Service Supervisor Salary
According to Glassdoor, the average annual salary for a customer service supervisor in the United States is $55,189.
This post is beneficial to individuals interested in the customer service supervisor career. They will be able to learn all they need to know about what customer service supervisors do to decide if that’s the right career for them.
It is also useful to employers/recruiters in making a detailed job description for the customer service supervisor role in their companies for use in hiring competent individuals for the position.