Wells Fargo Customer Service Representative Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
Looking for comprehensive information on Wells Fargo customer service representative job description? If you are, then you will find this page helpful.
This post explains what a Wells Fargo customer service rep does – their key tasks, duties, and responsibilities.
It also provides additional information on the job requirements and expected salary for working in the customer service role at Wells Fargo, please read on:
What Does a Wells Fargo Customer Service Representative Do?
A Wells Fargo customer service representative serves customers by providing product and service information and resolving product and service problem.
They are also responsible for promoting and selling products and services to customers.
The representative will provide assistance with account opening, maintenance, billing inquiries, and other related activities
He/she may be required to make outbound calls to prospective clients or existing clients regarding new accounts or services.
The Wells Fargo customer service representative job description also involves attracting new businesses through advertising campaigns and sales presentations.
It may also entail selling insurance policies, mortgages, credit cards, etc.
The customer service representative must maintain accurate records of all transactions made in connection with his/her work.
His/her duties involve ensuring that all paperwork is completed correctly and accurately before submitting it to the appropriate personnel.
The Wells Fargo customer service representative deploys computer systems to assist him/her in performing various functions.
He/she qualifies potential customers and collects necessary data from them, as well as provides technical support to help customers solve problems.
The customer service representative is responsible for monitoring the quality of goods and services provided to customers.
He/she ensures that all complaints received are addressed promptly and effectively and answers questions posed by customers in order to resolve any issues.
He/she may be asked to perform special assignments as needed and expected to comply with company policy and procedures.
The customer service representative at Wells Fargo does not to use abusive language while dealing with customers, and is also expected to adhere to confidentiality.
He/she reports any unethical behavior he/she observes and takes initiative to improve performance and efficiency.
His/her job description also includes participating in training programs, following up on outstanding orders, and communicating regularly with supervisors.
It also involves attending meetings and conferences and traveling outside the city sometimes.
The Wells Fargo customer service representative may be subjected to disciplinary action if they fail to meet expectations.
Wells Fargo Customer Service Representative Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The Wells Fargo customer service representative job description commonly consists of the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Support customers with inquiries, complaints or requests regarding accounts, products or services offered by Wells Fargo
- Provide information about account options, product features and services
- Answer questions from customers about their accounts, products or services
- Help customers set up new accounts or change existing ones
- Assist customers in resolving billing problems
- Process payments for customers
- Resolve disputes between customers and Wells Fargo
- Maintain records related to customer transactions and provide these records when requested by customers or law enforcement officials
- Identify potential fraud or other illegal activity involving Wells Fargo’s customers
- Keep informed about changes in laws, regulations and policies that affect Wells Fargo’s business
- Ensure that all work performed by employees complies with applicable laws and regulations
- Follow procedures established by Wells Fargo for handling customer complaints
- Report any violations of company policy or law to management
- Participate in training programs designed to improve skills and knowledge
- Comply with Wells Fargo’s Code of Ethics
- Ascertain that all work locations are clean and well-kept
- Adhere to Wells Fargo’s code of conduct
- Be available to perform additional duties as needed.
Wells Fargo Customer Service Representative Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume/CV and have worked before at Wells Fargo as a customer service representative, or are presently working in that role, then you can make a compelling Professional Experience by highlighting those work experience in your resume.
You can apply the duties and responsibilities in the sample Wells Fargo customer service representative job description shown above in making an impactful Professional Experience for your Resume/CV.
With a compelling Professional Experience that shows that you have been successful performing the duties and responsibilities of a customer service representative at Wells Fargo, your chances are brighter to be hired for the new position, especially if the new job requires someone with some customer service representative work experience at the Wells Fargo or other similar companies.
Wells Fargo Customer Service Representative Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking to work at the Wells Fargo Company as a customer service representative, or with other similar companies, here are important requirements you may be asked to meet:
- Minimum age: 18 years old with High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers using telephone, email, fax or mail
- Skilled in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and any other basic computer skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational and people skills
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk around bank locations
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on occasion and 25 pounds on a regular basis
- Must pass preemployment drug screening, as well as pass background check
- Must meet legal requirements for employment in your state
- Must successfully complete an orientation program
- Must submit to and pass random drug testing
- Must comply with Wells Fargo’s Code of Conduct
- Ability to understand and apply all federal, state, and local laws in work duties
- Must maintain confidentiality of proprietary information
- Must wear uniform at all times while working
- Must sign confidentiality agreement
- Must abide by Wells Fargo’s dress code.
Wells Fargo Customer Service Rep Salary
According to Glassdoor, Wells Fargo customer service representatives’ salaries typically start at $8.00 per hour.
They can earn up to $25.00 per hour, but the current average salary is $18 per hour ($37,440 per year).
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the customer service representative career with Wells Fargo who want to know what the role entails.
They can learn about the duties, tasks, and responsibilities of Wells Fargo customer service representative from this article.
This article is equally beneficial to employers/recruiters in the same industry as Wells Fargo who are in the process of hiring for the customer service representative position.
They can apply the Wells Fargo customer service representative job description example above in making a detailed description for the vacant customer service representative role in their companies to attract and hire the best candidates for the position.