Amazon FC Shipping Associate Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the job description of an Amazon FC Shipping Associate to help you learn about what they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that typically define the Amazon FC shipping associate work description.
It also presents the requirements you may be expected to have to be hired for the Amazon FC shipping associate job.
Please, continue reading to increase your knowledge of the Amazon FC shipping associate career:
What Does an Amazon FC Shipping Associate Do?
An Amazon FC shipping associate is responsible for working cooperatively with a team of other workers in warehouse environments where he/she processes and ships orders.
Some of the duties that are carried out by an Amazon FC shipping associate include maintaining inventory, examining products for damage, maintaining warehouse space, and ensuring that they are organized, strictly complying with the Amazon company regulations.
He/she is also expected to come up with effective and efficient ways of maximizing warehouse procedures.
In other words, an Amazon FC shipping associate can be referred to as one whose profession is to carry out a wide range of assigned duties which may include processing incoming and outgoing shipments, deciphering work orders, locating items and/or, merchandise in storage locations, and picking and gathering them for shipping to a variety of awaiting customers.
One of the core tasks that are executed by the FC shipping associate is to inspect items and/or merchandise, which involves physically and visually examining incoming and outgoing items for signs of damage.
He/she is also saddled with the responsibility of packaging materials that are meant to be shipped out by the Amazon company protocol.
An Amazon fc shipping associate may also be required to fill out paperwork, which involves logging all incoming and outgoing items and filling out all associated paperwork.
Another crucial duty of the FC shipping associate is to oversee the management and maintenance of inventory by monitoring and managing the inventory of shipping supplies and ordering new items as required.
He/she is also responsible for receiving deliveries by accepting them, logging them into the inventory system, and ensuring that they are stored properly and appropriately within the warehouse.
Amazon FC shipping associates also must prepare shipments, which involves pulling items that are meant for shipping from the warehouse, as well as creating shipping labels for all outgoing items.
The ideal candidate or any interested individual who wants to work as an Amazon FC shipping associate is expected to possess certain skills and qualities, including excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, and attention to detail; excellent multitasking skills, good time management skills, and strong organizational skills, and computer literacy.
In terms of academic qualifications, there are no formal educational requirements to work in the job role/position of an Amazon FC shipping associate.
However, the ideal candidate for the Amazon FC shipping associate role should showcase at least a High School diploma or GED as well as several years of professional and/or proven work experience in a related job role.
Amazon FC Shipping Associate Salary: According to Payscale, the average salary for an Amazon FC shipping associate is $28,966 annually.
Amazon FC Shipping Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Amazon FC shipping associates perform the responsibilities:
- Arranging goods, merchandise, and/or packages based on size and destination
- Carrying out filling work orders promptly as required
- Supervising receipt of packages and truck deliveries
- Actively participating in the process of packaging, handling, transportation, and several other shipping-related duties
- Ensuring that warehouse environments and work areas are kept clean and organized
- Gathering and organizing items to be shipped from the warehouse and preparing them for delivery
- Finding and extracting items from shelves and storage areas
- Strictly adhering to health and safety practices.
Amazon FC Shipping Associate Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume or CV as someone who has some experience working as an Amazon FC shipping associate, it is important to show that experience in your resume/CV by adding the professional experience section to it.
Having a professional or work experience section in your resume/CV can boost its quality as it tells the recruiter/employer that you have been successful working as an FC shipping associate.
Your chances of getting an interview with the recruiter/employer are brighter, especially if having some FC shipping associate work experience is important to the new position that you are seeking.
You can create an impressive professional experience section for your resume/CV by using the Amazon FC shipping associate job description example above.
Amazon FC Shipping Associate Requirements – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the job of an FC shipping associate at Amazon or other companies, here are major requirements you may be expected to meet:
- Good time management skills, since an Amazon FC shipping associate is required to prepare shipments for pickup deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, since an Amazon FC shipping associate must collaborate with the rest of the warehouse team to coordinate deliveries and shipments
- Strong organizational skills, since an Amazon FC shipping associate must keep shipments and deliveries within their assigned areas as well as ensuring warehouse cleanliness
- Attention to detail, since he/she must be detail-oriented when examining shipments and deliveries for signs of damage
- Computer literacy, as this enables him/her to log information into digital systems.
- Excellent multitasking skills, since an Amazon FC shipping associate must take note of the multiple deliveries and shipments that come in and go out of the warehouse every single day
- Several years of professional and/or proven-work experience in a related job role/position
- At least a High School diploma or GED, although there is no formal educational requirements.
This post is useful to individuals interested in the FC shipping associate career with Amazon or other companies.
They can learn all they need to know about the duties and responsibilities commonly performed by FC shipping associates and then be able to decide if it’s the right job for them.
It is also helpful to recruiters/employers looking to hire for the FC shipping associate position in their companies.
They can create a detailed description of the vacant position for use in the hiring process by applying the sample Amazon FC shipping associate job description provided on this page.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.