Amazon Delivery Associate Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the job description of an Amazon delivery associate, to help you learn about the work they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the Amazon delivery associate work description.
It also presents the major requirements you may be expected to fulfill to be hired at Amazon and other companies for the position of a delivery associate.
Please, read on to increase your knowledge of the Amazon delivery associate career:
What Does an Amazon Delivery Associate Do?
An Amazon delivery associate is responsible for maintaining the supply chains in the Amazon incorporation and ensuring that goods or items get to clients in a fast, efficient, and safe manner.
Some of the tasks that are carried out by an Amazon delivery associate include handling shipping documents, tracking orders, overseeing and managing an assigned base of accounts, and executing data entry.
In other words, an Amazon delivery associate refers to one who works for the amazon incorporation and whose profession is to work cooperatively as part of a team to assist with the distribution, storage, delivery, and inspection of incoming and outgoing items and/or merchandise.
The delivery associate oversees and manages Amazon’s delivery systems by monitoring and coordinating the shipment and distribution of items, inspecting items and/or merchandise, managing inventory, and communicating with customers.
One of the important duties that are carried out by an Amazon delivery associate is to process shipments that come in and out of the Amazon warehouse, which involves preparing outgoing shipments, inspecting incoming shipments, and scanning shipments, and logging them into digital databases.
The delivery associate is also saddled with the responsibility of monitoring inventory by physically examining items, counting them, creating accurate regular inventory reports, and submitting these reports to the necessary personnel.
It is also the duty of the delivery associate to monitor and verify the prices of merchandise by double-checking the prices on all products and/or items included in incoming and outgoing shipments.
He/she is also saddled with the responsibility of ensuring that all sales and stock areas are kept clean, well-maintained, and organized.
He/she may also be required to carry out some general clerical tasks such as filing, copying, and faxing documents.
An Amazon delivery associate must also interact with customers and assist them by answering phones and greeting them, and providing customer assistance by addressing their various problems and answering their questions.
If you are interested in becoming a delivery associate at Amazon or any other Company, some of the required skills and qualities you will need to meet include proven and adequate warehouse experience, profound knowledge of warehouse data system, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Others include customer service skills, strong interpersonal skills, and good teamwork skills; physical strength to lift or move heavy products, strong endurance skills, and computer skills.
You will also be expected to possess strong attention to detail, organization skills, and strong multitasking skills; and excellent time management skills.
In terms of academic qualification, the ideal candidate for the delivery associate job at Amazon is required to possess at least a High School diploma or equivalent as well as some work experience in a relevant or related job position.
Amazon Delivery Associate Salary: The average salary for the delivery associate role, according to Payscale, is $38,000 annually.
Amazon Delivery Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Amazon delivery associates perform the responsibilities:
- Overseeing and managing the inspection of incoming and outgoing shipments and verifying their rates
- Receiving incoming shipments and organizing outgoing shipments
- Overseeing the development and communication of shipment schedules
- Liaising and working collaboratively with vendors and carrier services to coordinate logistics and timelines
- Interacting with customers and helping them to resolve shipment issues and complaints
- Organizing and maintaining shipment paperwork, records, and digital databases
- Strictly adhering to safety standards and complying with all regulations
- Ensuring that all sales and stock areas are clean, organized, and well-maintained.
Amazon delivery associate Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a resume or CV for a new position and have worked before as an Amazon delivery associate or are presently working in that role, you can boost your resume/CV by adding the professional experience section to it.
This section helps you to show to the recruiter/employer that you have been successful performing the Amazon delivery associate role.
This piece of information in your resume/CV can make a strong impression on the recruiter/employer for them to give you an interview, especially if the new job that you are seeking requires having some delivery associate work experience.
You can easily and quickly make the professional experience section of your resume/CV by applying the Amazon delivery associate job description example provided above.
Amazon Delivery Associate Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the job of a delivery associate with Amazon or with other companies, here are major requirements that you may be expected to fulfill to be hired:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, since an Amazon delivery associate will be required to interact with customers and team members, and also create accurate and regular inventory reports
- Good customer service skills, since an Amazon delivery associate must greet and address customers as well as help them with solutions to their various problems and/or questions
- Good computer skills, as he/she will be required to enter information into digital databases
- Strong endurance skills, since he/she must be able to work in an environment with varying temperatures. He/she must also be able to endure long hours of work
- Physical strength and stamina, as this enables a delivery associate to transport heavy packages and/or merchandise efficiently from one place to another
- Attention to detail, since an amazon delivery associate must be highly detail-oriented to accurately inspect and monitor all inventory items
- Several years of professional and/or proven work experience
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the delivery associate career. They will be able to learn all they need to know about the tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the delivery associate role and so will be able to decide if that’s the job they want to do.
It is also beneficial to recruiters/employers looking to hire the best people for the delivery associate position in their organizations.
They can apply the sample Amazon delivery associate job description provided on this page in making a comprehensive description of the vacant position for their organizations.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.