Accounting Associate Job Description Example
Accounting associates’ job description involves providing assistance to top level auditors and accountants while performing accounting, administrative and bookkeeping duties.
Other functions include acquiring, processing and registering customer invoices using various accounting software and systems.
He/she will execute the necessary bookkeeping tasks, such as data entry, reconciling of accounts, as well as preparing accounting reports and facts in accordance with enacted processes and guidelines.
An accounting associate’s role also includes collating monetary data and maintaining accounting journals.
In addition to this, the individual is expected to prepare invoices, statements of accounts, vouchers and other documents.
They communicate with clients and with various departments in the company to find solutions to outstanding payments and clarify accounting related issues, procedures and policies.
An accounting associate is expected to organize reports required by management and other governmental organizations.
Also included in this job description is the provision of assistance to clients by replying queries, providing information and ensuring befitting follow-up.
The accounting associate may be required to converse regularly with co-workers, supervisors, managers and other personnel.
Since the accounting associate handles numbers and intricate figures on a daily basis, employers often expect that the individual vying for this position must have completed at least a first degree in accounting or finance related courses, acquired from a reputable University while two to three years of experience in accounting will be an advantage.
Other important attributes required of an accounting associate include proficiency in managing projects, and in maintaining payable accounts and receivable ledgers.
Accounting Associate Job Description Example, Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
Here is a rundown of the obligations, tasks and duties which comprises the accounting associate’s job description:
- Manage cash with investment brokers and banks on a daily basis
- Validate accounts as well as bank certificates
- Collate accounts of staff, travel advances, and other expenses relating to entertainment and travel
- Give appraisal on all payment applications for appropriate authorization
- Process sales contract, reports on employee expense, information on salary, and organization time sheets
- Evaluate and update information and carry out validation of data for accuracy
- Ensure proper review of accounts for appropriate supervision of transactions, and for suitable placement to designated areas
- Supervise, track and post income, expenses and gifts
Accounting Associate Resume
The job description sample shown above contains important information that can be used in writing the professional experience part of the resume for the position of accounting associate.
The stated job functions tell employers that the applicant is capable of holding the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Requirement for Accounting Associate
Accounting associates who want to be outstanding in their profession should endeavor to acquire the following:
- At least a University degree in Financial Accounting or other related courses
- Sufficient accounting work experience, especially in a corporate setting
- Possess excellent understanding of computer programs, such as Microsoft Access and Excel, as well as knowledge of general accounting theories and guidelines
- Strong familiarity with computerized accounting systems
- Ability to perform basic and higher mathematical calculations
- Ability to work as a team player and promote a cooperative work atmosphere
- Strong skills in performing data entry and word processing
- Strong ability in communicating with diverse groups of people both verbally and in writing without being understood
- Ability to create and present reports, as well as correspondence regularly
- Efficient in solving problems, and working with diverse variables.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.