Dental Assistant Resume Example
To land a dental assistant job you will need to have a good resume. Like many other job positions, dental assistance position is also competitive. You should expect to have several other people applying for the same job as you.
However, to be at an advantage of being invited to an interview, you would need to have a great resume that is irresistible for employers to resist.
Creating good resumes demands some special skills and expertise. You can order the service of a professional resume writing firm to help you prepare such resume, or you can learn how to write effective and compelling resumes and be able to create one for yourself whenever the need arises.
If you would like to know how to write resumes and be able to prepare one for yourself to use in applying for dental assistant job openings, you can do so by getting and studying samples of professionally written resumes.
Below is an example of a professionally created dental assistant resume, which you can use as a template to make yours and enhance your chances of getting the job.
Dental Assistant Resume Example/Sample/Template
123 Down Street • Atlanta, Georgia • 33333 • Home: (222) 333-4444, Cell: (111) 111-1111 • firstname.lastname@example.org
OBJECTIVE: Looking for Dental Assistant position in a patient-focused practice with passion for providing quality healthcare delivery.
Highly skilled and knowledgeable dental assistant with huge experience delivering services in large/trauma hospital assisting the dentist or physician in carrying out examination and treatment of patients.
- Two years experience working as a dental assistant in large hospital
- Exceptionally proficient in speaking, writing and communicating in English
- Exceptionally proficient using basic word processing programs as well as the CHS Medical Management System software
- Excellent skills in customer service with strong willingness to learn and explore new ideas
- Excellent computer skills and bilingual in English and Spanish
- Strong knowledge and ability to use laboratory or clinical dental tools, equipment, and supplies
- Excellent ability to operate laboratory and dental operatory instruments, including x-ray, ultrasonic, and sterilizing equipment
- Strong experience using dental software
- Strong ability to work with people of diverse cultural background
- Strong knowledge of OSHA and safety compliance guideline.
WeCare Hospital, ATL
2011 – Present
- Provide great experience to patients by speedily attending to them and keeping them focused on their treatment
- Meet the patient’s individual needs and expectations
- Provide a clean, sterile, friendly and comfortable environment to patients
- Ready patients for treatment
- Assist the doctor or dentist to provide quality and efficient dental treatment
- Get patients dental records and/or history, as well as appropriate full x-rays and intra-oral pictures as directed by the dentist
- Arrange tray setups for dental procedures
- Make materials and equipment available to dentists and by using suction or other tools, keep patients’ mouths clear and dry
- Direct patients on postoperative and general oral health care following the dentist’s instruction
- Document patient charting and all doctor notes on treatment history
- Ensure all equipment, instruments, and operatories are disinfected and sterilized in conformity with the American Dental Association guidelines
- Ensure adequate supply levels are maintained in each operatory, restocking items as required
- Perform work in total compliance with office policies, practices, and safety, and with State, Federal, and other regulatory bodies’ guidelines, such as Dental Board, OSHA, WC, FEHA, HIPAA, ADA, and DOL.
EDUCATION AND CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
- High School Diploma
- Dental Assistant Certificate, Dental Training School, Atlanta, 2011
- Current Registered Dental Assistant State License (RDA)
- CPR Certificate
- X-Ray License
- Coronal Polish Certificate.
You will also like:
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.