Customer Care Manager Job Description Example
What Does a Customer Care Manager Do?
Customer care managers are generally responsible for overseeing the quality of service provided to customers to ensure they are up to acceptable standards and adequately meet the expectations and requirements of clients.
They are an indispensable part of an organization, with a job description that entails providing active support to customers to help address issues with received service/product.
They perform various tasks that ensure the needs and expectations of customers are met and exceeded.
It is the role of the customer care manager to supervise and coordinate the activities of the customer care unit to ensure customers are satisfied.
They develop and implement standards effective in sustaining the relationship between an organization and its clients.
In performing their duties, customer care managers oversee to ensure a capable and effective workforce.
They direct and monitor the customer care operations of an organization to ensure they are in compliance with all external and internal policies and procedure.
As part of their responsibilities, customer care managers assist in resolving tough or complex issues that are beyond regular customer care personnel.
They interact with customers to identify their needs and respond accordingly.
Customer care managers understand that satisfied customers are dedicated customers, thus they put in effort in ensuring no customer leaves company premises disgruntled or unsatisfied.
They establish a complaints channel for receiving customer complaints and providing quick response/resolution of issues.
As part of their strategy to minimize client complaints, the work description of customer care managers also involves performing follow-up on customers to obtain feedback on their opinion of received service/product.
This helps in identifying and promptly pacifying unsatisfied or upset customers.
In mollifying customers, these managers usually conduct surveys to identify the public perception of an organization in order to make proper adjustments.
They maintain accurate records of all customer care operations for reference purposes.
They also conduct research and participate in educational programs to stay abreast with developments in the customer care industry and expand job knowledge.
The customer care manager position requires a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, or in a related field.
Some of the major qualities required to access and excel on the job include communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills.
Customer Care Manager Job Description Example/Template
The following is a customer care manager job description example that highlights the major tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the role:
- Oversee the hiring, orienting, and training of customer care staff to ensure a capable workforce
- Develop and implement customer care policies, procedures, and regulations necessary for ensuring a satisfied customer base
- Communicate with customers to identify their need/expectations and make appropriate adjustments to meet those needs
- Follow up customers to ensure they receive optimal value from purchased products/services
- Handle tough or complex customer issue by analyzing said problems to come up with solutions effective in addressing customer complaints
- Provide customers with updates and periodic statements on service developments and changes in trends
- Establish communication channels through which customers can send in their feedback or challenges for prompt resolution
- Offer free products or services to pacify irate or unsatisfied customers
- Analyze customer care data and statistics to obtain results useful in taking key business decisions
- Organize programs for customer care staff to update their job knowledge and enhance their skills
- Oversee the processing and issuance of refunds to customers
- Maintain proper record of all customer care operation and activities for reference purposes
- Assign and designate job territories to customer care staff according to their performance and history
- Work around available budget to achieve set objectives and targets
- Conduct surveys to determine the opinion of customers regarding their products/services
- Participate in educational workshops to stay up-to-date on developments in the industry.
Customer Care Manager Resume Preparation
If you are looking to make a customer care manager resume and have worked previously in that role, then the above sample job description can help you create the work experience section of the resume.
The job experience section shows the functions you carried out working as a customer care manager; using the above work description makes it easier for you to highlight those duties and responsibilities.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Customer Care Manager Job
The following are the major requirements most employers will want you to have to access the customer care manager job:
- Education and Training: To become a customer care manager, you require a Bachelor’s degree preferably in marketing or business administration, or in a related field. Having experience in customer service or management is also necessary to be hired for this position
- Communication Skills: Customer care managers are able to interact with customers using appropriate language to identify their requirements and provide solutions or assistance
- Customer Service Skills: They are adept at courteously relating with clients to ensure their needs and expectations are met
- Problem-solving Skills: They are skilled in analyzing customer complaints or issues to come up with recommendations useful in resolving client problems.
Customer Care Manager Skills for Resume
In creating a customer care manager resume, the above mentioned skills and qualities can serve as a useful resource in completing the skills section of your resume.
Since the above qualities are what most employers require to consider candidates for the customer care manager job, you can take advantage of this knowledge to acquire those qualities and use them in your resume.
Having a skills section that shows you have the relevant qualities for the job will make your resume more effective in winning the heart of employers.
If you are seeking the customer care manager job, or are just interested in the career and want to know what it entails, this post shows you the functions of the role.
Also, if you are seeking to hire suitable managers for your customer care unit, the sample job description provided in this post can be applied as a template in designing one for your hiring process, and for assigning tasks to the successful candidate.
Did this post help in increasing your knowledge of what customer care managers do? Please leave a comment in the box below. You may also share with us your experience as a customer care manager if you have worked in that role before.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.