Walmart Personal Shopper Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the job description of a Walmart personal shopper, to help you learn the work they do.
It presents the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that majorly make up the Walmart personal shopper work description.
It also highlights the major requirements you may be expected to fulfill if you are seeking to work as a personal shopper with Walmart.
Please, continue reading to increase your knowledge of the Walmart personal shopper career:
What Does a Walmart Personal Shopper Do?
The Walmart personal shopper job description entails identifying the specifications and needs of clients and locating products that meet the requirements.
He/she is also responsible for liaising with customers to determine their specific needs, ultimate goals, budgets, and interests to find the appropriate items that best suit their needs.
In other words, a Walmart personal shopper refers to one whose profession is to work at Walmart to provide advice, guidance, and buy services to customers since he/she possesses advanced knowledge of products, trends, and services.
Personal shoppers are responsible for interacting with customers to know/determine what they are looking for, provide advice and knowledge of the best products to purchase, process purchase, and help with exchanges or returns.
Some of the important duties that may be executed by a Walmart personal shopper include driving sales through existing client book, building and maintaining a healthy relationship with customers, and delivering quality and personalized customer service.
One of the major tasks that are carried out by the personal shopper Walmart is to oversee the processing of customer orders, which involves processing orders on behalf of customers either via live chat, telephone calls, or email, and communicating with them to know what they are looking for, as well as any specific features they need the items to have.
He/she is also saddled with the responsibility of recommending products and/or items based on trends by presenting the clients with the most detailed information available to him/her to ensure the optimization of customer satisfaction with their items.
A Walmart personal shopper also has to assist clients with exchanges and replacements, which involves helping a client to make an exchange or replace a product with something more suitable when the client is dissatisfied with the item he/she received.
The personal shopper may also be required to grow and maintain a client base by paying attention to strategic selling techniques, as well as interacting proactively with existing and potential customers.
To efficiently and effectively carry out the job responsibilities of a personal shopper at Walmart, individuals must possess certain skills and qualities.
These include excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and excellent time management skills, and good decision-making skills.
Others are ability to pay particular attention to detail, computer literacy, and good listening skill, and excellent problem-solving skills.
Good customer service skills and good organizational skills are also important skills to have to be effective as a personal shopper at Walmart.
The educational background required to work in the Walmart personal shopper role include at least completing a high school program and obtaining a Diploma or possessing a Bachelor’s degree in Fashion and Marketing or a related/relevant field.
Walmart Personal Shopper Salary: The average salary for a Walmart personal shopper, according to Payscale, is within the range of $30k annually.
Walmart Personal Shopper Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Walmart personal shoppers perform the tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Identifying the specifications and needs of clients and locating products that meet the requirements
- Liaising with customers to determine their specific needs, ultimate goals, budgets, and interests to find the appropriate items that best suit their needs
- Meeting and exceeding sales and new account goals and objectives
- Interacting with customers to know/determine what they are looking for, providing advice and knowledge of the best products to purchase, processing purchase, and helping with exchanges or returns
- Helping a client to make an exchange or replace a product with something more suitable when the client is dissatisfied with the item he/she received
- Knowing and understanding the information about a product or merchandise, as well as the features and benefits of the products
- Growing and maintaining client base by paying attention to strategic selling techniques, as well as interacting proactively with existing and potential customers
- Building and ensuring customer relationships and loyalty by interacting personally with them and maintaining client files.
Walmart Personal Shopper Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume/CV as one who has worked before at Walmart in the position of a personal shopper, or are presently working in that role, you can enhance the effectiveness of your resume/CV by highlighting that work experience in it.
You need to create the professional or work experience section in your resume/CV to show to the recruiter/employer that you have been successful performing the duties and responsibilities of a personal shopper.
This piece of information in your resume/CV can be very instrumental in getting the recruiter/employer to grant you an interview, especially if the personal shopper work experience is important to succeeding on the new job.
You can make an effective professional experience section for your resume/CV by applying the Walmart personal shopper job description example above.
Walmart Personal Shopper Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking to work as a personal shopper with Walmart or other similar companies, here are major requirements that you may be expected to meet:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, since a personal shopper must interact effectively with customers and brands
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills, as these enable a personal shopper to manage his/her time effectively to meet deadlines and have purchases ready for clients
- Good decision-making skills
- Ability to pay particular attention to detail
- Computer literacy, since a personal shopper may be required to use the latest devices and websites to showcase items to customers and also manage the administrative side of his/ her job
- Good listening skills, as he/she must pay attention to clients to understand their needs and product offerings
- Good customer service skills, as he/she must maintain a professional approach with each customer and also provide a maximized level of customer service at all times
- Good organizational skills, since a personal shopper must often manage shopping for multiple clients, which requires him/her to be organized and be able to track each item or product
- Several years of professional and proven work experience in a similar job role/position
- A minimum of High School Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Fashion and Marketing or in a similar discipline.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the personal shopper career with Walmart or other similar companies.
They will be able to learn about the duties and responsibilities of the job and be able to decide correctly if the personal shopper career is the right choice to make.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers seeking to find and hire the best candidates for the vacant personal shopper role in their companies.
They can apply the sample Walmart personal shopper job description provided on this page in making a detailed description for the personal shopper position to be filled.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.