This post presents complete information on the Walmart front end service team associate job description to boost your knowledge of what they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that usually make up the Walmart front end service team associate work description.
This article also provides the major requirements that applicants for the Walmart front end service team associate role must meet to be employed, as well as the expected salary for the position.
Please, read on:
What Does a Walmart Front End Service Team Associate Do?
The Walmart front end service team associate job description entails assisting customers with their selections by providing a high level of customer service.
It also involves ensuring all items are fully priced, meet company specifications, and conform to guidelines on the facings area and merchandise tags.
Walmart front end service team associates operate various computer systems, including cash registers, scanners, POS terminals, and peripherals.
These are needed to complete transactions in accordance with store procedures.
Front end service team associates operate a variety of office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, and printers to complete sales transactions, and maintain a clean and organized work area.
Their role involves assisting in the execution of promotional events by providing customer service and maintaining all promotional displays in accordance with company standards, as well as local, state, or federal requirements as needed.
It also entails receiving and processing employee and customer payments in a timely manner.
The front end service team associate is responsible for interacting with all customers in a helpful, friendly manner which promotes sales, and maintains the reputation of the company.
It is their duty to maintain awareness of stock levels at all times, as well as to prevent overstocking or under stocking of merchandise by notifying management of any inventory issues that may arise.
They communicate with management regarding any stock issues, maintenance issues, or other pertinent information that may arise.
More on Walmart Front End Service Team Associate Job Description.
Walmart front end service team associates return all shopping carts to designated areas when shopping is complete.
They work in step with store policies and procedures, as well as local, state, and federal laws that apply to their job responsibilities.
As a front end service team associate, you have to make sure all tools and equipment are properly stored, maintained and inventoried.
Furthermore, the Walmart front end service team associate is in charge of completing minor inventory adjustments on a timely basis while establishing the proper procedures to consistently maintain all in stock merchandise.
They develop and execute effective sales plans as needed to meet store sales goals and provide a high level of customer service by maintaining friendly, helpful, and professional customer relationships.
Walmart Front End Service Team Associate Sample/Example/Template
The Walmart front end service team associate job description includes the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers, from the store through the drive thru
- Maintain a high level of courtesy, respect for customers and fellow associates across all interactions
- Complete all tasks in an efficient manner with a minimum amount of errors and interruptions
- Follow Walmart policies and procedures as well as company standards in order to meet internal requirements
- Adhere to safety guidelines while performing work tasks
- Follow orders given by manager or supervisor according to their specific needs at the time
- Maintain stockroom organization by keeping items on the shelves neat, stocked and rotated as needed
- Return empty boxes and packaging materials to appropriate storage area or pile
- Pull/stock items from shelves/towers that have been ordered by customers or store associates
- Deputize and handle customer issues in the absence of managers and supervisors
- Perform work activities that involve constantly moving throughout the store while maintaining a high level of productivity
- Operate all equipment in the Front End department
- Participate in the process of completing lost and found transactions
- Perform cash handling duties including but not limited to counting money, collecting change from customers and making change for customers.
Walmart Front End Service Team Associate Job Description for Resume
If you are making a new resume as someone who has worked before as a front end service team associate at Walmart or who is presently working in that role, you can make a great Professional Experience section for your resume by using the Walmart front end service team associate job description example above.
You can apply the duties and responsibilities of the front end service team associate contained in the above sample job description in your Professional Experience, to show that you have been successful performing the front end service team associate role.
This piece of information can greatly enhance your ability to get the new job, especially if having some front end service team associate work experience is important to succeeding on the new position.
Walmart Front End Service Team Associate Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the front end service team associate job at Walmart or other similar retailers, here are major requirements you might be asked to fulfill to be hired:
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Previous customer service experience, preferably in retail
- Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to lift up to 49 pounds without assistance or special equipment
- Must be able to reach, bend, and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to perform a wide range of work activities with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must be able to push up to 8 shopping carts of any type and size
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, managers, and customers
- Must be able to meet and sit for long periods of time, including the ability to shift from a sitting position to the standing position or vice versa
- Ability to work flexible hours
- A driver’s license must be obtained before you can be hired.
Walmart Front End Service Team Associate Salary
The average Walmart front end service team associate wage, according to Glassdoor, is $12 per hour, which can vary from $11 to $18 per hour.
The front end service team associate duties may include equipment setup and maintenance, as well as customer services.
Helping customers with purchases, handling basic repairs, and stocking shelves to ensure merchandise is available for the store’s customers are some of the many responsibilities that are performed by the various Walmart front end service team associates.
If you have the right skills, a successful search on Walmart can lead you to a position that you can work in for years, while earning well.
This post is useful to individuals interested in the front end service team associate job with Walmart; they will be able to learn the duties and responsibilities of the role.
It is also helpful to recruiters/employers needing to make a good description for the front end service team associate position in their companies for use in hiring for the role.
They can apply the Walmart front end service team associate job description example provided on this page.