19 Best Secretary Resume Objective Examples to Apply
If you are writing a resume or CV for a secretary position, you need to begin it with a powerful objective statement to get the attention of the recruiter/employer to read it.
This post will help you learn how to make an effective resume objective statement for a secretary role to increase your chances of being hired.
How to Make a Great Resume Objective Statement for a Secretary Position
To make a great secretary resume objective for a position that you are seeking, you need to know what exactly the employer/recruiter wants.
Once you can show to the employer/recruiter that you have what they want candidates to have to be hired for the secretary job, then they will give your resume an attention.
When hiring for the secretary position, employers/recruiters usually publish a list of requirements, including specific skills and qualities; knowledge and experience that individuals interested in the secretary position should meet to be hired.
They also publish a description of the vacant secretary position, which involves the major duties and responsibilities that the successful candidate will be expected to perform.
When you get this information, you will be able to craft a compelling objective statement that shows that you meet the requirements of the secretary job and that you will be effective in performing the secretary duties and responsibilities that will be assigned to you.
You should highlight some of the major skills, qualities, experience, knowledge, etc. that you have and that were stated by the recruiter/employer in the secretary job requirements.
The career objective statement for your secretary resume should also show that you perfectly understand the duties and responsibilities you will be expected to perform as a secretary with the organization.
Now, here are some good examples of secretary resume objective statements that you can learn from and apply in making one for your job application.
19 Best Secretary Resume Objective Examples to Apply
- Looking for the position of a Secretary with U.S. Department of Homeland Security to apply 3 years of specialized experience at the GS-05 grade level in effectively carrying out functions, including receiving calls and visitors and referring them to supervisor, office or appropriate staff members. Also coming with knowledge of general office automation software, practices, and procedures; and ability to type 40 words per minute with fewer errors.
- Individual with strong reasoning ability looking to contribute enough experience in the Secretary job at City of Long Beach. Coming with 5 years of progressive and full-time secretarial office management experience, excellent attendance and punctuality, strong customer service skills, time management skills, good organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as reading and interpersonal skills in communication. Also coming with ability to prepare and file expense reports, supervise other clerical personnel, and handle confidential information.
- To obtain the Secretary position with City of Petaluma to receive and screen visitors and telephone calls, research and compile a variety of informational materials from sources both inside and outside of the office, as well as organize and maintain various office files. Also coming with 3 years of secretarial experience and ability to type 50 words per minute from printed copy.
- Energetic individual with five years of experience working in a secretary position, seeking employment with Diocese Of Tucson to bring 2-year college degree in business, 5 years of experience as a secretary, proficiency in Spanish, excellent communication skills, as well as human relations and interpersonal skills. Also coming with abilities to foster communications and work collaboratively with all parish employees and diocesan employees, and file and maintain records as required.
- Highly trained individual seeking to work in a Secretary position with The GEO Group, Inc. to update and maintain current billing files, prepare financial transactions, as well as control and distribute indigent stamps to qualified residents. Also coming with 2 years of secretary experience, certification from a business school, knowledge of the fundamentals of office organization, and familiarity with current office procedures.
- Talented individual seeking a position with State of Nebraska as a Secretary where the ability to type letters, memoranda, and reports from dictation, rough draft, and copy, and compile and maintain records will be applied. Also bringing 3 years of clerical experience, bilingual skills in English and Spanish, and typing and data entry skills.
- Team oriented individual eager to work at St Francis Hospital, to utilize strong ability to assist with front office duties, including greeting patients, checking patients in and out, registering patient demographics, preparing charts, answering phones, verifying insurances, and assisting patients with different needs and different office projects and clerical duties. Also bringing five years of experience working in a medical practice and good organizational skills.
- Active individual with huge secretary skills and abilities to draft correspondences and other formal documents, plan and schedule appointments and events, greet and assist onsite guests, answer inbound telephone calls, as well as develop and implement organized filing systems. Longing for a position at Pharma & Contents as a Secretary to bring bilingual in English and Spanish, accounting experience, knowledge of Quickbooks and Xactimate, strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Safety conscious individual with high level of skills and experience, longing for a Secretary position with Franciscan Health, to provide scheduling and follow-up support to physicians and patients, etc. Also bringing 3 years of secretarial and healthcare experience, high attention to detail, and strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Highly organized individual interested in a secretary position with KershawHealth, bringing the ability to schedule, order suppliers, enter daily patient charges, reconcile charges, compile statistics, obtain insurance pre-certifications, and maintain files. Also coming with 3 years secretary experience, knowledge of medical terminology, three years of medical office experience, strong organizational skills, good computer and office procedure skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experienced, talented, and highly organized individual seeking a Secretary position with Franciscan Alliance, Inc. to provide scheduling and follow-up support to physicians and patients; treat patients, family members, healthcare providers, and co-workers with good manners and esteem; and abide by federal and local patient privacy law. Coming with 3 years secretarial experience, proficient computer skills, strong organizational and analytical skills, high attention to detail, and excellent customer service skills.
- Looking for the position of a Secretary with The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, to apply 1 year experience in office practices and procedures, and customer service to effectively respond to inquiries; research information related to services offered by the department; and maintain and coordinate appointments, etc. Also coming with Associate’s degree and 1 year experience using computers to generate a variety of materials ranging from basic to complex,
- Creative and problem-solving individual desirous to join a group of professionals at The GEO Group, Inc. in the position of a Secretary, with abilities to update and submit monthly billing, ensuring accurate timely submittal in accordance with contractual requirements; prepare financial transactions, including receiving and disbursing funds, posting ledgers and balancing system, etc. Also coming with 2 years of secretarial experience, certification from a business school, and familiarity with current office procedures and the fundamentals of office organization.
- An enthusiastic and customer oriented individual desirous of a Secretary position with NANA where advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook Office and Calendar will be utilized to effectively screen telephone calls, visitors, and incoming correspondence; respond to requests for information concerning office procedures; and determine which requests should be handled by the supervisor, appropriate staff member or other offices. Also bringing 2 years of work experience involving face-to-face customer interaction.
- Individual with strong ability to learn fast interested in the position of a Secretary at California State PTA, to utilize 2 years of clerical office experience and strong written and verbal communication skills in effectively taking minutes at board and association meetings, maintaining and preserving PTA records and important documents, and handling of PTA correspondence as directed by the president. Also bringing strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer skills.
- Looking for the position of a Skilled Secretary with Collin College, bringing exceptional abilities to perform general secretarial duties for assigned technical area, including processing mail, scheduling appointments, and answering phones. Also coming with Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution, 2 years of secretary experience, knowledge of proper telephone manners, as well as knowledge of proper filing techniques.
- Certified Secretary with 5 years of secretarial experience, desirous of a secretary position with United McGill Corporation to bring exceptional secretarial experience, proficiency working with Microsoft Office software, and excellent interpersonal communication and math skills. Also bringing strong abilities to provide administrative and secretarial support to the production and sales staff, including maintaining inventory and creating requests for purchase orders to send to Corporate Purchasing.
- Highly talented and motivated Secretary, seeking a position at Earth Engineering Incorporated to coordinate project tasks effectively in a fast-paced atmosphere. Bringing strong ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, work with little or no supervision and prioritize tasks. Also coming with profound knowledge of Microsoft Office Professional software programs, including Excel, Word and Outlook, and experience with QuickBooks, ACT, and Constant Contact.
- Seeking a Secretary position at State of Arizona with abilities to screen all incoming calls and public inquiries, research and prepare correspondence and reports, and perform payroll and timekeeping entries. Also bringing valid state-issued driver’s license, 1 year professional office experience, written and verbal communication skills, and knowledge of personal computers using various software programs.
To increase your chances of gaining the secretary job that you desire, you need to begin your resume/CV with a captivating objective statement that convinces the recruiter/employer that you meet what is required to succeed on the secretary position.
This post provides valuable ideas and examples you can apply to make an effective secretary objective statement for your resume/CV.>> Create a professional resume in only 3 steps with the Awesome Resume Builder (it's free!) and increase your interview call ups.