This post provides complete information on the Walgreens sales associate job description, to improve your understanding of what the role does.
It presents the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the Walgreens sales associate work description.
It also shows the major requirements candidates are typically asked to fulfill to be considered for hiring as a sales associate with Walgreens or other similar retail companies.
Please, read on:
What does a Walgreens Sales Associate Do?
At Walgreens, the sales associate is responsible for working closely with customers in order to determine what their needs are, answering the questions of the customers concerning the company’s products, and recommending the right solutions.
To be successful as a sales associate, there’s a real need to stay up-to-date with the product features and also to maintain the visual appearance of the store in very high standards.
The Walgreens sales associate job description entails consistently meeting the store’s sales goals and achieving excellent customer service; to greet and properly receive customers.
Operating cash registers and ensuring that there’s an increase in store sales are also important part of the sales associate’s role at Walgreens.
The sales associate’s duties also involve maintaining the appearance of the sales floor, cross-selling products, and directing customers to merchandise.
At Walgreens, a sales associate must be able to handle payments by processing checks, cash, and credit cards, as well as total purchases.
He/she must also be able to courteously and professionally deal with customer refunds.
Maintaining a professional attitude with enthusiasm and sincerity while reflecting the store’s commitment to customers are an important requirement of the Walgreens sales associate job.
The sales associate must also develop his/her knowledge about the products by attending training classes and reading the current vendor tags and pamphlets in order to easily communicate it to the customer.
Staying current with promotional events and sales is paramount too.
All these are vital things which a sales associate must do to ensure the progress of Walgreens.
A sales associate should also be able to resolve customer complaints very promptly and ensure that customers enjoy maximum client satisfaction.
Walgreens Sales Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The Walgreens sales associate job description entails the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Ensure high levels of satisfaction for customers are provided and maintained through excellent sales service
- Assess the needs of customers and provide adequate assistance and information on the features of all products of the company
- Welcome customers warmly to the store and answer their queries satisfactorily, or refer their case to the right person to solve the issue
- Follow and achieve the sales goals of the department on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis
- “Go the extra mile” in order to drive sales needed in the company
- Maintain the in-stock and ensure assigned areas of the company are in presentable condition always
- Seek out customers very actively in store
- Remain knowledgeable on the various products which are offered by the company and discuss the various options available
- Process POS (Point Of Sale) purchases for ease of operations
- Provide assistance in the cross selling of products to customers
- Effectively handle the returns of merchandise from customers
- Team up with co-workers so as to ensure proper, effective, and adequate customer service, which aids in the satisfaction of customers, and hence in their retention
- Build and maintain a very productive trust relationship with all customers
- Comply with all the procedures of inventory control
- Suggest different ways by which sales can be improved upon in the company (for example, planning of marketing activities, changing of the design of the store, etc.).
Walgreens Sales Associate Job Description for Resume
If you are making a new resume or CV and have worked previous in the position of a sales associate at Walgreens, or are currently holding the position, you can apply the sample job description above in crafting a powerful Professional Experience section for your resume/CV.
By highlighting the duties and responsibilities of a sales associate at Walgreens shown above, you will be able to show to the recruiter/employer that you have the right experience to be effective on the job.
You will be able to increase your chances of being hired for the role that you are applying for, especially if the position requires having some work experience as a sales associate in a retail company like Walgreens.
Walgreens Sales Associate Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge for a Successful Career
All prospective employees for the role of a sales associate at Walgreens or similar companies are usually expected to meet specific criteria or requirements by recruiters in order for them to be hired.
This is important to ensure that the candidates who would be considered for the interview and eventually hired are people who possess the ability to perform the duties and obligations of the sales associate position effectively.
These requirements include the following:
- Must possess proven work experience as a retail sales associate, sales representative, or any role similar to these ones
- Must possess basic understanding of principles of sales and effective/efficient customer service practices
- Must be proficient in English language so as to effectively communicate with customers/clients
- Must possess basic skills in Math, which would aid in doing some very necessary calculations
- Must have working knowledge of market and customer dynamics and the requirements too
- Must possess proven track record of over-achieving sales quota
- Must have hands-on experience with POS (Point of Service) transactions
- Must be familiar with the procedures of the inventory
- Must have very solid communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Must be very friendly and should have an energetic personality focused on providing the customers with an amazing customer experience
- Must be able to perform when under pressure and to swiftly address complaints in a timely manner
- Must be willing and available to work in a variety of hours, which could include early mornings, evenings, overnight shifts and even weekends. The work entails flexibility and it’s a quality that any sales associate must possess
- Should have a High School diploma or its equivalent but a college degree would be preferred. However, having a BS degree in Marketing or any related field would definitely be a huge plus for any applicant
- Must have the ability to stand and work for very lengthy periods of time as the position involves constant moving around, hearing/listening, talking, reaching and grabbing and standing for consecutive hours. It may even occasionally involve stooping, crouching, kneeling, and climbing ladders; therefore, the sales associate must be ready for that.
If you are interested in the sales associate career with Walgreens or other similar retailers, this post provided you with solid information to help you learn about the duties and responsibilities associated with the job.
It also provided employers/recruiters looking to hire the best candidates for the vacant sales associate position in their companies sample job description they can use in making one for their organizations.