Walgreens Store Manager Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the Walgreens store manager job description to increase your knowledge of the work they do.
It presents the major duties, tasks, and responsibilities that typically make up the store manager work description at Walgreens.
It also highlights the requirements you may be expected to fulfill if you are applying for the store manager position with Walgreens or other like retailers.
Please, read on:
What Does a Walgreens Store Manager Do?
The Walgreens store manager is responsible for managing all store operations.
They take note of the customer service provided by the team members and also develop plans necessary for improvement.
They offer assistance to patients and customers with regards to their services and products.
They supervise every store and pharmacy activity and ensure the cleanliness of the store grounds.
The Walgreens store manager’s duties also involve analyzing the key performance indicators on a daily basis.
It also includes managing the progression of the careers of all employees.
Store managers at Walgreens also oversee the levels of the inventory through activities like ordering, keeping of, and liquidation of stock etc.
They are also responsible for the hiring, firing, and promotion decisions in the store, as well as ensure that all employees comply with the company’s regulations.
Walgreens Store Manager Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The Walgreens store manager job description consists of the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Manage the operations of a Walgreen store
- Improve store image, sales, as well as profitability through the protection of store assets, the careful selection, training and development of the team members, and also through modeling and delivering of top-notch patient and customer experience
- Analyze and monitor the customer service provided by the members of the team; offer reminders, encouragement, and training, and develop action plans for improvement both in pharmacy and in retail
- Greet clinic patients and customers and offer assistance ON the products and services
- model and share best customer service practices with all team members in order to deliver a distinctive customer and patient experience, which includes interpersonal habits (like greeting and eye contact) and Walgreens service traits (like proactively offering help and identifying needs.)
- Resolve customer complaints and help respond to their special needs
- Supervise the operations of the store and pharmacy which includes opening, closing and changing shifts, delegation of tasks, and the scheduling of team members
- Supervise the control of the store money, which includes register counts, withdrawals made from bank, safe deposits, changing of orders and overseeing of all aspects of bookkeeping, including invoices, ledgers, time records, and cash reports
- Analyze inventory trends and also supervise inventory management, which includes the ordering of items, keeping stock, liquidating stock, and leveraging the company’s resources to avoid overstock and outs
- Supervise receiving, stocking, returning, transferring, and pricing of merchandise
- Ensure the execution of the operational feedback of the District Manager
- Implement organization of the store through proper hiring, delegation, and placement, and the scheduling of work assignments
- Ensure that the store grounds are clean and presentable; to manage repairs and maintenance, and to respond to emergencies
- Manage the operations of the assigned location which includes strict compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the sale of tobacco, alcohol, fresh food, and pharmacy products
- Ensure that the staff has working knowledge of all the computer and technology systems and software (e.g. StoreNet, registers, etc) and ensure that all systems problems are responded to by contacting information technology support
- Comply with all the company procedures and policies while maintaining respectful relationships with coworkers
- Complete any special assignments or other tasks as assigned
- Assign daily operational responsibilities and set expectations for the assistant managersand members of the store team
- Analyze all financial and performance data and develop action plans in order to increase control costs and ultimately sales
- Review KPIs every day and prepare to discuss with the district management
- Review and analyze asset protection data and also develop and implement action plans to reduce losses
- Analyze pharmacy performance indicators and work together with the pharmacy manager to enhance pharmacy performance, while ensuring support during very busy periods, which includes serving as a pharmacy technician when necessary and when allowed by law
- Analyze performance indicators of the clinic and work in sync with the Clinic Coordinator or Manager to ensure maximum performance and support
- Identify sales opportunities so as to ensure the growth and performance of the store and pharmacy
- Manage the inventory levels through ordering, keeping and liquidating stock, anticipating seasonal changes and fast selling items
- Manage the performance of team members by assigning responsibilities, setting goals, observing their performances, providing feedback, and by giving recognition
- Manage the career progression of employees
- Monitor and ensure timely completion of all required training programs like pharmacy training programs, for all the team members within the store and provide coaching for all team members
- Make hiring, promotion, and firing decisions
- Address issues and discipline store team members when necessary
- Develop plans for employee and follow them up according to deadlines
- Monitor and approve of team member compensations
- Promote teamwork and motivate team members by setting expectations, monitoring results, and showing enthusiasm, and through vision sharing
- Ensure total compliance with all corporate policies and employment laws, and consistently treat all team members fairly
- Communicate regularly with the team members through one-on-one discussions, answering questions, group meetings, soliciting input, and through open communication between the management and non-management team members.
Walgreens Store Manager Job Description for Resume
If you are making a resume/CV for a new job and have worked before at Walgreens as a store manager or are currently working in that position, you can apply the sample job description above in making a compelling Professional Experience section for your resume.
By highlighting the above duties and responsibilities in your Professional Experience section, you will be able to effectively show to the recruiter/employer that you have been successful performing the role of a store manager.
This can significantly influence the recruiter/employer to call you up for an interview, especially if the position that you are seeking requires some store manager work experience to succeed in it.
Walgreens Store Manager Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge for Career Success
When hiring for the store manager role at Walgreens or other retail companies, recruiters would want prospective employees to meet certain requirements before they are considered for hiring.
- A Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of retail management experience or a High School Diploma/GED and 5 years retail management experience
- Must be a licensed pharmacy technician as is required by the State or a licensed Rph as soon as possible, given law requirements of the State no later than 12 months from the start date of store manager position
- Willingness to work flexible schedule, including extended days, evenings, and weekend hours
- A PTCB Certification
- Three years of experience in retail management, including supervision of others, management, and assigning of work.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the store manager career with Walgreens or other retailers, to learn all they need to know about the duties and responsibilities performed by store managers in the retail industry.
It is also useful to employers/recruiters in the retail industry for creating detailed job description for the store manager position, to enable them hire the best people for the role for their companies.