Walgreens Beauty Advisor Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the Walgreens beauty advisor job description, to help you understand the work they do.
It presents the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly make up the beauty advisor’s work description at Walgreens.
It also highlights the major requirements that recruiters/employers may want you to meet to be hired for the beauty advisor role at Walgreens or other similar companies.
Please, read on to learn more about the beauty advisor career at Walgreens:
What Does A Walgreens Beauty Advisor Do?
The beauty advisor at Walgreens provides customers with efficient, fast, courteous, and friendly information and cosmetic service, and maintains inventories, department records, and appearance of the store.
He/she helps out with other store functions as requested (like aiding customers at the register).
His/her duties also involve providing customers with the solutions for their beauty needs, such as mini-makeovers and skin care consultations, with an emphasis on the total appearance of the customers.
He/she ensures a very delightful customer experience.
Walgreens Beauty Advisor Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The Walgreens beauty consultant job description usually consists of the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Assists customers, asks questions so as to find out their needs and also informs customers of the options available
- Reviews SIMS orders with the store manager and makes sure adequate quantities of SIMS and other merchandise in the cosmetic department are available
- Makes implementation of the company’s asset protection procedures so as to seek out and minimize profit loss
- Keeps the cosmetic merchandise of the stockroom organized, neat, and to minimal levels
- Limits the amount of overstock as much as possible by ensuring that merchandise is rotated from the stock area to the sales floor
- Ensures that the store and shelves are clean and well merchandised, maintains on-hand records, takes inventories, and reviews merchandise orders. Also prices merchandise when required
- Responsible for checking outdated items and retrieving them from lock-up
- Reviews key performance indicators every day in order to understand how they perform within the store and district so as to set improvement goals with management
- Looks to get developed by monitoring own performance, maintaining beauty trends awareness, setting high personal standards, improving job performance and learning from others
- Interacts with every customer so as to find out what their needs are, create awareness of the appropriate products and services and provide warm transfers to other areas of the store
- Shows expertise in consultations and demonstrations with regards to the products utilizing various tools like skin hydrometer, tablet, and the Matchmade Device
- Promotes awareness of the brand and loyalty of owned brands and complete beauty or personal care by leading and delivering in-store events
- Ensures the cultivation and maintenance of good relationships with the customers, building relationships as well as providing a satisfactory customer interaction
- Enhances engagement with customers as well as customer experience through omni-channel solutions
- Locates products in the online space or in other stores if they are not available in the store
- Exceeds the predetermined sales goals through exceptional customer care and aiding customers in the purchase of products
- Reviews the scorecard regularly in order to properly understand the performance within the store
- Demonstrates application of product and leverage items from beauty promotional programs by utilizing testers and samplings
- Makes sure that the testers are stocked and maintained in compliance with the standards of hygiene whilst maintaining a clean and organized department
- Implements the procedures of the protection of company assets so as to find out and minimize profit loss
- Has in-depth knowledge of all equipment and systems of the store
- Ensures that the local and state laws concerning regulated products (like alcoholic beverages) are prohibited
- Assists and also trains all new beauty consultants
- Reviews company goals and maintains knowledge of the product by working together with the beauty area expert.
Walgreens Beauty Advisor Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a resume/CV as one who has worked before as a beauty advisor at Walgreens or are currently working in that role, you can make a compelling Professional Experience section for the resume/CV by applying the Walgreens beauty advisor job description provided above.
By highlighting the duties and responsibilities contained in the above Walgreens beauty advisor job description in the Professional Experience section of your resume/CV, you will be able to convince the recruiter that you have been effective in performing the role of a beauty advisor.
This piece of information in your resume/CV can significantly influence the recruiter/employer in granting you an interview for the new job, especially if having some work experience as a beauty advisor with Walgreens or other like companies is important to succeed on the new position.
Walgreens Beauty Advisor Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge for Career Success
To carry out the job of a beauty consultant at Walgreens or other similar retailers, you’d need to possess some vital skills and qualities.
If you are seeking to work as a beauty advisor with Walgreens or other like companies, here are major requirements you may be expected to fulfill by recruiters/employers:
- Must possess a High School Diploma/GED
- A job experience of at least a year in a retail sales environment that requires meeting defined sales goals
- Experience in creating strategies for accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, completing objectives with dependence on oneself, and determining when it’s necessary to escalate issues
- Vast knowledge of the brand so as to solve the needs of the customers
- Experience cultivating, nurturing and maintaining relationships within a team
- Should have basic level PC/tablet skills
- Willing to work in the evening, during holidays, and at weekends
- Must speak, read, and write English fluently.(except in Puerto Rico)
- Experience in cultivating and sustaining relationships with individuals in the company at every level in the business community and also with the vendors
- Experience in the demonstration of application of makeup and in providing makeovers to customers
- May have a degree from Beauty School
- Knowledge of beauty products and at least six months of experience in cosmetics and knowledge of beauty products
- Prior experience working with Walgreens
- Experience with another retailer(s) in the form of an Externship.
This post is useful to individuals interested in the beauty advisor career with Walgreens or other companies who want to learn the duties and responsibilities of the job.
It is also helpful to recruiters/employers who are looking to find and hire the best candidates for the vacant beauty advisor role in their companies.
They can apply the sample Walgreens beauty advisor job description provided on this page in creating an effective description for the available position for their recruitment process.