Kroger Retail Clerk Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the Kroger retail clerk job description, to help you learn the work they do.
It presents the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly make up the work description of the retail clerk at Kroger.
It also highlights the major requirements that you may be expected to meet if you are seeking the retail clerk role at Kroger or other similar companies.
Please, read on:
What is Kroger?
The Kroger Company, simply called Kroger, is US a retail company that was founded by Bernard Kroger in 1883 at Cincinnati, Ohio.
It is the largest supermarket by revenue ($121.16 billion for fiscal year 2019) in the United States and the second-largest general retailer behind only Walmart.
Kroger is the fourth largest US-owned private employer in America.
It is also ranked 23rd on the Fortune 500 rankings of the largest US corporations by total revenue
Kroger operates 2,732 supermarkets and multi-department stores either directly or through its subsidiaries.
What Does a Kroger Retail Clerk Do?
The Kroger retail clerk assists in sweeping and cleaning the floor, helping customers get the best shopping experience at the store, cleaning and dusting the shelf, and packing and offloading of inbound items.
They ensure proper maintenance of the grocery area of the store and assist customers at the store with their shopping.
They help customers locate products on the shelves and provide them with the information needed about the products, whilst assisting them to pick up items from the shelves.
The retail clerk at Kroger is responsible for stocking the various shelves with products.
They’re responsible for the display of new products on the correct shelves, changing of damaged or expired products, replacement of items bought, and also appropriately changing the labels on the products.
Retail clerks at Kroger are in charge of the inventory control as they take stock of goods in the store room when it’s running low on items.
It is the responsibility of the retail clerk to assist in introducing new products to customers.
The retail clerk ensures that the products are selected, packaged, and delivered when customers place orders over the phone.
Kroger Retail Clerk Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The job description of the Kroger retail clerk role entails several tasks, duties, and responsibilities, including:
- Ensures proper packing and offloading of inbound shipment to avoid damage
- Assists in cleaning and sweeping the grocery area to ensure that the shopping environment is neat and tidy
- Helps customers locate the products that they need on different shelves
- Helps customers in making buying decisions and provides them with information about the various products
- Ensures the neat and attractive display of products on the shelves
- Performs promotion functions by informing customers about newly introduced products and products on special promotion
- Stocks the shelves with new products, removes or replaces damaged or expired products, and replaces bought products
- Reports any instance of product return to the store or product damage to the store manager on duty
- Labels products and then boxes and changes the labels when there are changes in the product prices or during promotion
- Performs inventory control and informs the procurement manager of low inventory when due
- Assists other grocery workers in ensuring a good shopping experience for all shoppers.
Kroger Retail Clerk Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume or CV and have worked before as a retail clerk with Kroger, or are presently working in that position, you can make a compelling Professional Experience section for your resume/CV by applying the sample Kroger retail clerk job description above.
By highlighting the duties and responsibilities of the Kroger retail clerk given above in your resume’s Professional Experience section, you will be able to convince the recruiter/employer that you have been effective successful performing the job of a retail clerk.
This piece of information can significantly influence the recruiter/employer to give you an interview, especially if the new job that you are seeking requires some experience working as a retail clerk at Kroger or other similar companies.
Kroger Retail Clerk Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge for Career Success
The requirements for the position of a retail clerk at Kroger vary from shop to shop, depending on the special needs and the location of the shop.
However, there are always general skills, qualifications, and qualities which every retail clerk at Kroger is expected to have irrespective of their location.
If you are seeking the retail clerk job at Kroger or other similar retailers, here are important requirements you may be expected to meet to be hired:
- A high school diploma, GED, or other equivalent qualification
- A higher qualification is a plus and will aid getting promoted quickly to other higher positions
- Must possess an exceptional customer service orientation
- Must have the ability to multitask
- Willing to work flexible shifts, especially at weekends and at night
- Must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- A great math skill is important for cashiering and counting duties.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the retail clerk career with Kroger or other similar retailers.
They will be able to learn all they need to know about the duties and responsibilities that define the retail clerk job at Kroger.
Employers/recruiters looking to hire for the retail clerk position in their companies will also find this page useful in creating an effective job description for the role by applying the sample Kroger retail clerk job description provided in this article.