Walgreens Beauty Consultant Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the Walgreens beauty consultant job description, to increase your knowledge of the work they do.
It presents the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that typically characterize the Walgreens beauty consultant work description.
It also shows important requirements you may be expected to fulfill if you are seeking to work at Walgreens or other companies as a beauty consultant.
Please, read on:
What Does a Walgreens Beauty Consultant Do?
The beauty consultant at Walgreens is responsible for increasing brand and sales awareness through excellent customer service, by ensuring customers are treated in a friendly, efficient, and professional manner.
He/she gives personalized, fair, and expert advice regardless of brand or budget.
His/her duties also involves providing inspirational beauty know-how and solutions to customers for their beauty needs, like skin care consultations and mini-makeovers with an emphasis on the total look of the customers.
The beauty consultant at Walgreens also maintains and oversees the overall beauty standards in the department.
Walgreens Beauty Consultant Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The Walgreens beauty consultant job description usually consists of the following responsibilities, tasks, and duties:
- Proactively offers assistance and asks questions to determine the needs of the customers and informs customers of available options
- Interacts with all customers in order to find out what exactly their needs are, make them aware of the appropriate products and services for their needs
- Provides expertise in demonstrations and consultations regarding the products using tools like the skin hydrometer, tablet, and the Matchmade Device
- Promotes brand awareness and loyalty of owned brands and total beauty or personal care by leading and delivering in-store events
- Cultivates and maintains good relationships with the customers, building and fostering relationships, as well as providing authentic closure of customer interaction
- Enhances customer experience and engagement through omni-channel solutions
- Locates products online or in other stores if they’re unavailable in the store
- Achieves and exceeds predetermined sales goals by modeling exceptional customer care and helping customers in the purchase of products
- Regularly reviews the scorecard so as to comprehend the performance within the store and district. Also creates improvement goals through partnership with the store leadership and BAE
- Focuses consistently on up-selling and link-selling with customers by showing sale items and complimentary offerings to them
- Ensures that the testers are stocked and maintained in compliance with the standards of hygiene whilst maintaining a clean and organized department
- Implements the protection procedures of company assets in order to identify and minimize profit loss
- Processes sales for employee and/or customer purchases on the cash register
- Has an in-depth working knowledge of the systems and equipment of the store
- Ensures that the company complies with the local and state laws concerning regulated products (like alcoholic beverages)
- Maintains a professional image and appearance in compliance with the guidelines of the company at all times
- Assists and also trains all new beauty consultants
- Reviews goals and maintains product knowledge by collaboratively working with the beauty area expert.
Walgreens Beauty Consultant Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume or CV as someone who has previously worked at Walgreens as a beauty consultant, or are currently working in that role, you can apply the sample Walgreens beauty consultant job description in making the Professional or Work Experience section of your resume/CV.
By highlighting some of the duties and responsibilities of the above sample beauty consultant job description, you will be able to convince the recruiter/employer that you have been successful performing the duties and responsibilities of a beauty consultant.
This piece of information can significantly influence the recruiter/employer to consider you for the job, especially if the new job that you are seeking requires candidates to have some work experience as a beauty consultant.
Walgreens Designated Hitter Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge for a Successful Career
To be hired for the beauty consultant role at Walgreens or other like companies, candidates may be expected to have the following requirements:
- Must possess a High School Diploma/GED
- 1 year of experience at least in a retail sales environment which requires meeting a defined sales goal or 1 year experience proactively selling cosmetic or beauty products and providing customer care
- Experience in developing strategies for accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, completing objectives with dependence on oneself and determining when it’s necessary to escalate issues
- Vast product and brand knowledge in order to engage and solve the needs of customers
- Experience cultivating, nurturing, and maintaining relationships within a team
- Should have basic level PC/tablet skills
- Willing to work during holidays, in the evening hours, and at weekends
- Must speak, read and write English fluently (except in Puerto Rico).
- A licensure as an Esthetician as granted by appropriate state licensing authority or in Cosmetology
- Experience cultivating and maintaining relationships with individuals in the company at all levels in the business community and with vendors
- Experience in the demonstration of makeup application and in providing makeovers to customers
- Experience in selling Prestige brands
- Should have a degree from an accredited beauty school.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the beauty consultant career with Walgreens or other companies.
They will be able to learn all they need to know about the beauty consultant’s role and so be able to decide if it’s the right career for them.
This article is also useful to recruiters/employers needing to hire competent candidates for the vacant beauty consultant position in their companies.
They can apply the Walgreens beauty consultant job description sample provided on this page in making a detailed description for the vacant position for use in the recruitment process.