If you are writing an objective statement for a translator resume or CV, it is important to highlight important skills, knowledge, and experience that will enable you to excel in your job as a translator if hired.
This will help get the recruiter/employer interested in reading your resume or CV and wanting to have an interview with you.
This post provides tips and ideas to help you make highly impactful resume objective statements for translator positions, as well as examples you can learn from and adopt.
How to Write a Compelling Translator Resume Objective
Follow these tips to write a winning resume objective for a translator role:
- Learn about the job posting
The first thing you want to do is to learn what the translator job entails and what is expected from the ideal candidate.
You want to highlight those competencies, experience, and skills that the employer desires.
2. Accentuate Language Competencies
You want to convey your language dexterity, and if you have certifications it is advantageous to flaunt them here.
3. Communicate Cultural Intelligence
In your line of work, you want to let hiring managers know that you have an above-average appreciation of the cultural nuances in the language pairs you are specialized at.
4. Let your Enthusiasm Shine Through
Employers can tell if you are enthusiastic about the job and most people want a candidate who is excited to come onboard.
Your resume objective should signal that you are an enthusiastic and devoted candidate.
5. Send a Unique Objective Every Time
You don’t want to be lazy by sending a generic resume objective to different employers.
Doing that would certainly hurt your chances of landing a translator job.
Hiring managers can tell if a candidate took their time t o learn about the job before indicating their interest in the advertised position.
6. Be Concise
Finally, keep your translator resume objective concise, with 2 – 3 sentences or a maximum of 3 to 4 lines.
Top 25 Translator Resume Objective Examples
Here are good sample resume objective statements for translator roles:
1. Bilingual English/Spanish translator able to accurately translate legal and medical documents seeks to leverage 5+ years of translation experience to fill the role of Spanish Translator at ABC Company.
2. Experienced German to English translator certified by the American Translators Association (ATA) desires to use advanced knowledge of technical terminology to fill the Senior Translator position at XYZ Corp.
3. Professional Italian translator skilled at adapting content for culturally diverse audiences is eager to bring 3+ years of proven translation expertise to the role of Italian Translator at 123 Industries.
4. Experienced translator fluent in English, French and Wolof, having translated 100k+ words over 7 years is passionate about joining DEF Agency as a Multilingual Translator and Cultural Consultant.
5. Russian translator certified by New York University with 12+ years of experience and skilled at translating complex business and legal documents is excited to join GHX Solutions as Lead Russian Translator.
6. Motivated Arabic translator seeks to leverage fluency and 5 years of experience to fill the Arabic Translator role at JKL Marketing.
7. Technically skilled patent translator with background in engineering and experience translating 100+ patents from Chinese to English is excited to bring talent to the Patent Translator role at XYZ Corp.
8. Published French translator with impeccable grammar and vocabulary with extensive experience translating books, articles, and documents seeks role as Lead French Translator at ABC Publishing.
9. Professional German translator with proven ability to deliver high quality translations on tight deadlines is eager to join MNO Global as a Contract Translator and contribute language expertise.
10. Spanish and Portuguese translator able to expertly translate healthcare materials for global initiatives is eager to join PQR Pharma as a Medical Translator and use 5+ years of medical translation experience.
11. Accomplished Arabic translator skilled in translating sensitive diplomatic and government documents seeks role as Arabic Translator at Embassies to apply expertise in service of my country.
12. Translator certified by the Australian National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) and proficient in English and Vietnamese with good experience translating legal and community documents is passionate about joining STU Law Firm as Vietnamese Legal Translator.
13. Multilingual translator with 9 years of experience translating business content from English into Japanese, Korean, and Mandarin Chinese seeks to excel as Translator for VWX Trading Company.
14. Professional Portuguese and Spanish translator is eager to join WXY Nonprofit as Multilingual Translator and communications specialist for community outreach initiatives.
15. Experienced translator with a background in comparative literature and skilled at accurately translating literary works from French and Italian into English for publication seeks role as Literary Translator with ZBC Publishing.
16. Highly experienced English to American Sign Language (ASL) translator able to translate speeches, workshops, and other content into vivid, culturally-appropriate ASL is excited to join 123 University as ASL Interpreter.
17. German to English translator with expertise in automotive and technical terminology who is skilled at translating service manuals, user guides, and training materials seeks Technical Translator role at XYZ Automotive.
18. Professional Italian to English translator with expertise adapting marketing and advertising materials for English-speaking audiences is passionate about joining ABC Agency as Marketing Translator.
19. Spanish translator able to apply experience localizing apps and software into Latin American Spanish desires position as Software Localization Translator with DEF Tech.
20. Experienced translator of legal and financial documents from English into Arabic seeks to join prestigious JKL Law Firm as Contract Arabic Translator to precisely translate complex contracts, reports, and correspondence.
21. Professional Japanese translator skilled in creative translation of manga, anime, literature, and poetry desires Manga Translator role with Japan-focused publisher.
22. Translator certified by the National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators with extensive courtroom and legal experience seeks to excel as Lead Courtroom Translator for XYZ County.
23. Accomplished English/ASL translator able to interpret college lectures, conferences, and other events is passionate about increasing accessibility as Educational ASL Interpreter for ABC University.
24. Multilingual translator experienced in the entertainment industry providing subtitle translation for movies and TV seeks entertainment translation role with Netflix.
25. Highly experienced German to English translator with expertise in automotive, pharmaceutical and IT content is excited to offer technical translation skills to Mercedes-Benz USA as Technical Translator.
Translator Skills and Qualifications for Resume Objective
Here are key qualifications and skills you can highlight in your translator resume objective to make it more effective:
- Degree in translation, linguistics, communications or foreign language
- Training from a translation certification program
- Ongoing professional development and training.
- Native or near-native fluency in language pairs required for role
- Knowledge of language rules, grammar, idioms, and cultural nuances.
Professional Translation Experience
- Years of experience, in the field of translation
- Expertise in subjects such as legal, medical, technical and literary translations
- Impressive volume of translated content including words, pages and documents.
- Proficiency in subtitling, localization and transcription
- Familiarity with CAT tools like SDL Trados, WordFast and MemoQ
- Proficient in stenography for court translators.
Effective Communication Skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and precision
- Ability to accurately convey meaning and sentiment
- Adaptation skills with cultural sensitivity.
- Recognized certifications such as ATA, NAJIT, State Court for translation work
- Industry specific certifications showcasing proficiency in medical or legal translation
- Ensuring that your translator resume emphasizes fluency in required languages along with specialized expertise, training and key skills will significantly attract hiring managers.
Creating a compelling resume objective is crucial in securing your desired translator job.
The objective statement enables you to captivate the attention of hiring managers from the start while highlighting the value you can bring to the table as a translator.
The techniques provided in this post can bring your objective to a standard quality that will get the attention of employers and increase your chances of being hired for the translator role.