Best 20 Resume Objectives for Interpreter Positions
When writing a resume or CV for the position of an interpreter, you need to pay attention to the quality of the objective statement to ensure it is compelling.
The chances of your interpreter resume or CV to be read is higher if you have a captivating career objective statement.
When your resume is read, it makes your chances brighter to be invited to an interview where you will be able to convince the recruiter/employer that you are the right person for the interpreter job.
This post will help you learn how to write effective resume objective statements for interpreter jobs and increase your chances of being hired.
How to Make a Great Interpreter Resume Objective Statement
To make an effective resume objective for an interpreter position, you need to know what exactly the employer/recruiter wants for the position.
When you know what the recruiter/employer wants, in terms of the qualities and experience required for success as an interpreter in their organization, then you will be able to craft your objective in a way that will get their attention.
You can learn about the vacant interpreter position, including the duties and responsibilities you will be expected to perform if hired and the skills, abilities, education, experience, etc. you need to meet to be hired for the role by studying the job description and requirements published by the recruiter/employer.
To write an effective objective for your interpreter resume, what you do is to highlight some of the qualities and experience that you have that tally with what the recruiter/employer wants.
You should also emphasize the fact that you can effectively perform the duties and responsibilities that will be assigned to you as an interpreter.
If your resume objective statement contains these elements, then you can be sure that it will get the attention of the recruiter/employer to want to read every part of your resume because it shows that you fit the description of the interpreter they are looking to hire.
To boost your knowledge of how to write an effective objective for your interpreter resume, here are some good examples to study:
Best 20 Resume Objective Statements for Interpreter Positions
- Experienced, talented, and highly organized individual seeking an Interpreter position with Mississippi State Personal Board. Coming with a High School diploma, 3 years of experience, and National Certification (NAD/RID). Also bringing the ability to provide interpreting services to the deaf or hearing, prepare instructional material, assist in presentations about the deaf awareness, and maintain accurate financial records.
- Individual seeking an Educational Interpreter position at Fairfax County Public Schools with the ability to facilitate communications for deaf and hard-of-hearing students during the school day in academic and extracurricular activities. Also coming with a High School diploma; an educational Interpreter certificate issued by the Virginia Department of Education; understanding of the deaf culture; knowledge of the Registry of Interpreter for the Deaf code of ethics and the Testing, Evaluation, and Certification Unit code of conduct; and ability to maintain good working relationships with deaf students.
- An enthusiastic individual desirous of an Entry Level Medical Interpreter position with Riggs Community Health Center to interpret spoken statements from one language to another; translate documents, correspondence, forms and other written material from one language to another; rewrite materials from one language into another; maintain records of materials translated; create documents in Spanish; and interpret via telephone for Riggs CHC patient at community physician offices.
- Highly trained individual seeking to work in a Medical Interpreter position with Avera Health, to relay accurate medical information and facilitate the successful delivery of patient services to diverse language segments in compliance with all office, clinic, and hospital policies and procedures. Also coming with a Degree in Health Science and experience in a healthcare setting as a medical interpreter with strong medical vocabulary.
- Talented individual seeking a position with County of San Mateo as a Court Interpreter with ability to provide simultaneous interpretation of court proceedings to Spanish-speaking parties and perform a wide array of other language interpretation activities on an assigned and as needed basis for the Court, litigants, and the public. Also coming with certification as a Court Interpreter, knowledge of interpreter ethics and standards, professional Conduct of Interpreters, and correct usage of grammar in both English and Spanish.
- Team oriented individual eager to work at Kakivik Asset Management as Interpreter, with ability to demonstrate and ensure an overall commitment to Safety and Quality, and interpret and document results within the Corrosion Database (CDB). Also coming with a High School diploma, 7 years of experience in the NDT field, 6 years of experience in RT and layout, as well as certification as RT level 2.
- Highly talented and motivated Interpreter of the deaf, seeking a position at Education Service Center of Cuyahoga County to demonstrate knowledge of the Ohio Guidelines for Educational interpreters, follow classroom schedule and interpret for students as mandated by the student’s IEP, and interpret all class activities. Also bringing Ohio Department of Education Associate License Interpreter for the Hearing Impaired, a Bachelor’s degree, experience working in a multicultural setting, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to lift equipment and children.
- Hopeful to gain employment with Regions Hospital as an Interpreter to facilitate daily cross-cultural communication between patients and family members, and serve as a cultural and language resource person. Also, coming with 5 years interpreting experience, Active Status on the Minnesota Spoken Language Health Care Interpreter Roster, basic computer skills, reading and written fluency in both languages, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Looking for the position of an Interpreter for Deaf with Western Heights Public School to provide interpreter services in the educational setting for deaf and hard of hearing students, staff and parents, provide interpreting for school functions that are part of the educational program that occur outside the school environment, and provide clarification of interpreter’s role.
- Creative and problem-solving professional desirous to join a group of professionals at International Rescue Committee in the position of an Interpreter. Coming with fluency in both written and spoken English, Spanish, French and Arabic, education in linguistics, experience providing interpretive services, teamwork, detail orientation, patience, professionalism, and reliability.
- Seeking a Spanish Video Interpreter job at Stratus Video with ability to provide effective audio and video remote interpreting services for consumers; exhibit professional behavior at all times, including regular attendance, punctuality and preparedness for shifts; and demonstrate ability to adapt quickly to new and changing technologies. Also, coming with High School Diploma, fluency and strong verbal communication skills in both Spanish and English, call center experience, and previous professional interpreting experience.
- Individual with strong ability to learn fast interested in the position of an Interpreter at Mid-Iowa Community Action to provide oral interpretation of discussions into English and Spanish, and maintain content, context and style. Also bringing a High School diploma, knowledge of the structure and content of English and Spanish, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar; previous interpreting and translating experience, and demonstrated level of proficiency in reading, writing and speaking the English language and the Spanish language so as to provide oral interpretation.
- Active individual with huge interpreting skills and ability to prepare the students materials using various methods; teach Braille, mobility, low vision aids and other strategies needed by students as planned by the teacher; and assist visually impaired students with daily living tasks emphasizing independence. Longing for an Interpreter position at Laurel Public School, to apply High School diploma, certification in Braille Competency test by Portland State University; interpersonal communication skills; and special knowledge, skill, and abilities in the use of low vision aids and assistive technology for children with visual impairments.
- Safety conscious individual with High Level of skills and experience. Desirous of an Interpreter position with Bedford County Public Schools to bring a High School Diploma and abilities to act as the facilitator of communication between the student with a hearing impairment, staff, and others. Also bringing abilities to accurately interpret and transliterate all classroom discussion and school assemblies, accurately interpret and transliterate the teacher and speaker’s message, and provide classroom assistance.
- Highly organized individual interested in an Interpreter position with Ascentria Care Alliance, bringing strong ability to render messages faithfully and convey the content and spirit of the speaker. Also coming with a High School diploma, an advanced proficiency level in English and target language, 5 years of related experience, and certificate of successfully completed National Recognized Interpreting Training.
- Certified Interpreter with ability to provide interpreter services for both academic and extra-curricular school activities, interpret/transliterate sign to voice or voice to sign, and interpret the language of instruction appropriate for the student’s level of understanding. Desirous of an Interpreter position with Anne Arundel County Public Schools, and coming with a High School diploma, graduation from a recognized interpreter training program, three years of interpreting experience in educational scenery, excellent listening skills, and verbal and written English language skills.
- To obtain a position with Liberty Healthcare Corporation as an Interpreter, to leverage the ability to assist human service professionals to assess children and adults who have intellectual and developmental disabilities and autism, verbally translate English to Spanish and Spanish to English, and travel to a client home to help ensure they receive various healthcare and human services. Also coming with profound ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding client’s personal health information and show a high level of compassion towards people who have disabilities, their family, and caregivers.
- Energetic individual with five years of huge experience working in an Interpreter position, seeking employment with Gallup-McKinley to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors, and administrators; follow district policies and administrative rules and regulations; and complete assigned duties successfully and in a timely manner. Also bringing a High School diploma and a Community Signed Language Interpreters license from the NM Signed Language Interpreting Practices Board.
- Individual with strong reasoning ability looking to contribute enough experience as an Interpreter at Granite Falls School District. Coming with strong ability to interpret all classroom communication; perform sign to voice interpretation; and provide interpretation for various other situations, such as field trips, assemblies, meetings, test administration, and phone calls. Also, coming with a High School diploma, a certificate from a recognized interpreter training program and fingerprinting.
- Talented individual seeking a position with Wichita Public Schools as an Interpreter with ability to assess classroom, assembly hall, and other room setups; attend in-services, workshops and training for the purpose of receiving and conveying information related to job functions; maintain interpreter certification; and submit an Interpreting Services report to be included in the IEP. Also bringing a High School Diploma, flexibility and responsiveness, and ability to prioritize and organize.
If you desire to get a nice paying job as an Interpreter, your resume or CV must have a well persuasive objective statement to stand a better chance of being read.
This post provides ideas and examples you can apply in mastering writing effective resume objective statements for interpreter positions.>> Create a professional resume in only 3 steps with the Awesome Resume Builder (it's free!) and increase your interview call ups.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.