State Farm Account Manager Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post describes everything you need to know about the State Farm account manager job description.
It explains the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities a State Farm account manager may perform in carrying out their role.
It also provides information on the requirements candidates who are seeking to work as an account manager with the State Farm or other similar companies may be asked to meet to be hired
The salary expectation for a State Farm account manager is also covered in this post, please, keep reading:
What Does a State Farm Account Manager Do?
A State Farm Account Manager develops leads, schedules appointments, identifies customer needs, and markets appropriate products and services.
They must have a successful track record of selling insurance and/or insurance related products to customers with various backgrounds, personalities, and needs.
They are tasked with understanding the needs of each customer and recommending appropriate coverage.
The State Farm account manager job description entails ensuring all products are sold with complete understanding of policy details and products.
It also involves ensuring a high quality of customer service is offered to all new potential customers as well as existing customers.
The account manager must be friendly and willing to sell insurance, financial services, or investment products.
Any objection or question raised by the customer is addressed by the account manager.
All calls should be handled professionally, quickly and in such a manner that they will not become grievances.
A State Farm account manager is expected to sell all insurance or financial products. They must be able to think in terms of clients, their needs, and products.
The account manager at State Farm is expected to initiate actions aimed at improving performance in the workplace such as new procedures or training courses for staff members.
He/she uses data analysis tools to interpret statistical data into marketable information for clients, and provide this information to clients for the purpose of increasing sales.
A State Farm account manager is expected to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction through various actions, including communication with customers about products and services.
His/her duties may involve gathering information about customers via direct contact, telephone, or through the use of state-of-the-art technology.
He/she is expected to help in the development of the sales and marketing strategies for particular classes of clients or specific market segments.
State Farm account managers help in identifying new markets for selling insurance, financial services, and investment products.
They help in developing new products to sell to existing and potential customers.
The account manager’s duties also entail ensuring that insurer’s policies and applications are accurately presented and explained.
Account managers represent State Farm in the community by interacting with local organizations, charities, civic groups, and non-profit organizations.
They are expected to participate in ongoing training programs provided by State Farm and attend regular staff meetings to ensure that the goals of the department are being accomplished for the benefit of customers and employees.
A State Farm account manager interacts with the public politely while they are selling the product because they have strong market knowledge of products and services.
State Farm account managers must demonstrate a professional, yet friendly approach to all customers.
State Farm Account Manager Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The job description of a State Farm account manager consists of the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Manage all accounts, including those of other agencies and departments within his/her agency
- Ensure that all financial transactions are completed properly and on time
- Prepare monthly reports and submit them to the appropriate supervisor or department head
- Maintain accurate records of all transactions
- Participate in the making of budgets, both quarterly and annually
- Keep informed of current market trends and develop new business opportunities
- Be familiar with state laws and regulations governing the sale of insurance products
- Work closely with representatives from various insurance companies regarding their needs
- Provide assistance to agents working under you
- Follow up on claims and adjusters’ requests
- Handle other responsibilities that may be assigned by management.
State Farm Account Manager Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before with the State Farm Insurance Company as an account manager or are presently working in that role and are making a new resume/CV, you can make your resume very impressive by adding the Professional Experience section to it.
With this section, you will be able to show that you have been successful performing the responsibilities and duties of an account manager.
This piece of information in your resume/CV can significantly influence the recruiter/employer to give you an interview and hire you, especially if the new job that you are applying for requires candidates to have some work experience as an account manager with the State Farm or other insurance companies.
You can apply the sample State Farm account manager job description provided above in highlighting the duties and responsibilities you have successfully carried out working in the account manager role at State Farm.
State Farm Account Manager Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking to work at State Farm or other Insurance companies in the position of an account manager, here are the requirements you may be expected to fulfil, including skills, abilities, and experience to be hired:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel occasionally
- When necessary, you must be willing to work overtime
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Both vocally and in writing, you must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be self-motivated and able to handle stressful situations calmly
- Must be able to keep confidential information confidential
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as lifting, bending, stooping, standing, walking, etc. and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds and pass a background check
- Ability to read, write, speak, grasp, and understand English use a computer
- Typing speed of 40 words per minute and ability to operate office equipment
- Must be able to take direction well, multi-task, and deal with stress
- Ability to make decisions quickly, learn quickly, and solve problems
- Ability to organize files efficiently, prioritize assignments, and stay calm during emergencies, and remain flexible.
State Farm Account Manager Salary
The average starting salary for the State Farm account manager role is $35,853 annually according to Glassdoor.
Account manager salary at State Farm can range from $19,666 to $116,662 per annum, depending upon experience and location.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the account manager career with the State Farm Insurance Company or other similar companies who want to learn all about the work they do.
They can boost their knowledge of the duties and responsibilities that majorly make up the work description of an account manager with the State Farm.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers in the same industry as the State Farm who are hiring for the account manager role in their companies.
They can apply the State Farm account manager job description example provided on this page in making a detailed description of the position for use in their hiring process.