This post provides exhaustive information on the State Farm insurance agent job description, to enable you learn what they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that majorly constitute the State Farm insurance agent work description.
This article also presents the major requirements, including skills, abilities, experience, etc. that you will need to fulfil if you are seeking the job of an insurance agent at the State Farm or other similar companies.
The State Farm agent salary expectation is also treated in this article, please, continue reading:
What Does a State Farm Insurance Agent Do?
The State Farm insurance agent job description involves providing guidance on the many products that State Farm offers to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams.
State Farm insurance agents provide complete financial advice, not just insurance advice.
They provide guidance on the many products that the State Farm offer, to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams.
The State Farm insurance agent job description involves advising clients on a wide range of insurance policies and products, including auto, home and renters’ insurance; life insurance, annuities, and long‑term care insurance.
It also entails recommending State Farm’s banking services, including checking accounts and certificates of deposits (CDs).
State Farm agents participate in community service, including community education and charitable activities.
They attend meetings and events as may be required by their supervisor, to learn about the company’s products and programs and to share information with their fellow employees.
They ensure the work environment is safe, secure and a pleasant place to work.
State Farm insurance agents respond to customer inquiries, explain policy coverage and benefits clearly and completely, provide current information regarding company product offerings, and provide customer service.
Insurance agents will prospects for new business, present company programs and products to existing customers, and communicate with customers about their policies.
They may be asked to complete forms on a regular basis in order to monitor the performance of all employees within the organization. This report is confidential and may be used for internal administrative purposes only.
More on State Farm Insurance Agent Job Description
The State Farm insurance agent’s duties also involve maintaining accurate account books and records, documenting all transactions involving customers’ accounts, property transactions with third parties, deposits to cash register’s accounts, and/or other assets of the company to be provided to any state law enforcement authorities as requested by a state law enforcement agency for proper investigation or review based on state or federal law.
It also involves advising clients on a wide range of insurance policies and products, including auto, home and renters’ insurance, life insurance, annuities, and long‑term care insurance.
Insurance agents at State Farm give discounts for payment in cash or by check if a policy has lain dormant for more than one year.
Agents resolve client problems and help clients make a well‑informed decision on how to protect themselves and their family.
Insurance agents deal directly with customers and potential customers, assessing their needs and explaining State Farm’s products and services.
They work with people from all walks of life – single people, young families with children, small businesses owners, etc.
Insurance agents represent every aspect of State Farm, such as financial security, personal security, and future security which means they deal with the most important aspects of people’s lives from conception to death.
They will honestly communicate any limitations or negative aspects they find while helping the client understand his options in relation to Alternative Insurance through a difficult time in his life.
State Farm Insurance Agent Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The State Farm insurance agent job description entails the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Make sure that all necessary documents are submitted when filing a claim
- Ensure that the claims process is handled properly so that payments can be made quickly
- Ensure that the right amount of money is being paid out to each insured party
- Maintain records of all claims filed and ensure that these records are kept up-to-date
- Keep the office clean and organized
- Provide customer service to customers who contact them regarding any questions or concerns related to their insurance coverage
- Follow all procedures set forth by the insurance company
- Be available at all times during business hours to answer any questions that may arise
- Any suspect activities should be reported to the appropriate authorities
- Work closely with the local agents and adjusters to resolve issues
- Assist the field adjuster assigned to the case if he/she needs assistance
- Answer phone calls and take messages
- Maintain accurate records of all transactions
- Resolved disputes between parties involved in an accident
- Conduct inspections of damaged property
- Handle billing and invoicing.
State Farm Insurance Agent Job Description for Resume
If you are currently working as an insurance agent with the State Farm or are presently working in that role and are making a resume for a new position, you can make a convincing Professional Experience section by using the State Farm insurance agent job description sample above.
You can express your professional experience by highlighting the insurance agent duties and responsibilities presented in the job description above, showing that you have been successful performing the job of an insurance agent with the State Farm.
This will increase your chances of getting interviewed and hired for the new job, especially if the new job requires someone with insurance agent work experience.
State Farm Insurance Agent Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are applying for the insurance agent role with the State Farm or other like companies, some of the requirements you may be expected to meet include:
- Must be aged 18 and above
- Ability to pass a background investigation
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English language, including reading, writing, and speaking
- Ability to travel to all parts of the United States
- Possess ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays, and meet deadlines
- Ability to lift heavy objects, 25 pounds on a regular basis and 50 pounds occasionally
- Must be physically fit
- Ability to withstand prolong sitting and standing situations
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb stairs, twist, reach above shoulder level, push, pull, and handle objects weighing less than 10 pounds
- Possess ability to maintain confidentiality and respond to emergencies
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Possess ability to carry out instructions both in writing and verbally to detail
- Must be able to use a computer and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to typing speed of 40 words per minute
- Must be able to drive a car with a regular transmission.
State Farm Insurance Agent Salary
The average State Farm insurance agent salary, according to Glassdoor, is $37,758 per year; salaries range from $14,834 to $665,885 per year.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the State Farm insurance agent career, or with other companies.
They can learn all they need to know about the insurance agent duties and responsibilities to decide if that is the career path they want to take.
It is also useful to employers/recruiters in the insurance industry seeking to find and hire the best candidates for the insurance agent position.
They can apply the State Farm insurance agent job description example provided on this page in making a detailed description of the vacant insurance agent role for use in their recruitment process.