Staples Hiring Process: Job Application, Interview, and Employment
The Staples hiring process consists of various stages, including the job application and interview, where you will be required to answer certain questions to prove that you are the best person for the job.
This post provides exhaustive information on the Staples recruitment process to guide you to gaining employment with the Company.
Please, read on:
Staples Company Overview
Staples Inc. is the third largest office retail company in the United States. It is operational primarily in the sale of office supplies and other related products.
This is done via retail channels and business-to-business-oriented delivery operations or activities.
Staples Inc. was founded by Thomas G. Stemberg and Leo Kahn on May 1, 1986 with the headquarters currently at Framingham, Massachusetts, United States.
It can be classified as an organization under Retail Industry. Its operations are limited to the United States and Canada.
Some of the products attributed to Staples Inc., include: Office supplies, school supplies, facility & janitorial supplies, office furniture, office and data center technology, IT consulting, industry-specific supplies, health and beauty supplies, electronics, snacks, and printing services.
Meanwhile, its subsidiaries include: Staples Canada, Quill Corporation, Essendant, DEX Imaging, PNI Digital Media and HiTouch Business Service.
With these, the Company boasts of a workforce of about 70,000 employees actively on its payroll.
Staples Hiring Process
The hiring process at Staples Inc. is highly competitive as the hiring team of the Company looks out for candidates who possess a lot of desire to learn; strong work ethic, professionalism, communication skills, attention to details, and ability to multitask among many other skills.
The above skills and qualities should be inherent in an applicant who desires to be considered for any position in the organization, especially the desire and willingness to learn and adapt to new ideas.
The industry keeps changing likewise the market, so to a great extent it affects operations in the organization.
- Staples Job Application Process
Www.careers.staples.com is the official career website of Staples provided for intending applicants.
Here, you can find a whole lot of options to choose from in terms of the kind of career you can pursue in this Company.
So, you perform your search using the filter made available from the career site and find out the job that fits your personality and skills.
Your application is submitted alongside your resume, and of course you know that your resume must be well-crafted to give the hiring team enough reason to consider you for the job.
It is as simple as that though some applicants tend to fall short of this.
For now, there is no provision for face to face or email application, so all job applications are sent online and that is done through the career site.
2. Staples Interview Process
The interview is scheduled for candidates whose applications have been accepted after scaling the review process by the hiring manager.
After review, the best candidates are contacted and made to know the next step to take in the hiring process.
The most likely is the interview. This session is designed to ascertain the skill level and personality of the candidate in relation to the job they applied for.
The questions candidates may be asked at the interview come in different forms and toughness depending on the job description of each job and what is demanded of anyone handling such position.
The main area of concern for any candidate comes in the form of the type of questions they might face and how best to prepare for the interview.
The questions may not be predicted accurately but for other preparations like the dress code and manner of behavior and body language should be on point.
So, to help in terms of questions to expect, we will be looking at some practical questions a candidate may face on the interview day. Here are some of them:
Staples Interview Questions
Here are possible interview questions you might be asked at Staples:
- Tell us a bit about yourself?
- What do you know about Staples?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What are your strengths, and which of them do you regard as your greatest strength?
- What are your weaknesses and which of them do you think is the greatest of them all?
- How would you deal with an unhappy customer?
- What do you hope to achieve in five years’ time?
- Why should we hire you instead of other candidates?
- What value will you add to Staples?
- What do you think is expected of you in this role if you are given this job?
Staples Jobs and Careers
The jobs available at Staples that you can build a career on depend on the country you are applying from or to (either US or Canada), region and function. The function is the departments in the organization.
Based on function, here are areas where you can carve out a career for yourself:
- Customer Service/Contact Centers
- Human Resources
- Loss prevention
- Print Solutions
- Retail Locations
- Retail Management
- Store Operations
- Supply Chain/Logistics/Inventory Planning
- Inside/Outside Sales
- Real Estate.
What to Expect Working for Staples
The employee benefits at Staples are in three categories, which are:
- Associate Benefits: These include: Health Coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k), Short and Long-term Disability, Life Services, Associate and Dependent Life Insurance, Associate Recognition, Group Voluntary Benefits, Paid Time Off, Online & Retail Discounts, Adoption Assistance, Wellness, Part-time Benefits, and Associate Discount.
- Corporate Benefits (Framingham Office): These include: Onsite Gourmet Coffee Shop, Onsite Health & Fitness Center, Onsite Discounted Child Care, Onsite Dry Cleaners, and Onsite Sundry Shop.
- Canada Benefits: These include: Health Coverage, Online & Retail Discounts, Associate and Dependent Life Insurance, RRSP/DPSP, Education, Associate Recognition, Wellness, Employee and Family Assistance program, Group Voluntary Benefits, Short and Long-term Disability, Associate Discount, and Paid Time Off.
With lots of things to benefit from working for Staples, it is realistically impossible why you wouldn’t fancy working there.
However, it all starts from the submission of your application for a job via the company’s career site, scaling the interview before getting hired.
Note that you must be head and shoulders above other candidates because employment at Staples is by merit.