Oracle Hiring Process: Job Application, Interview, and Employment
The hiring process at Oracle consists of various stages; including job application and interview where you will be expected to answer some questions to show why you should be hired.
This post provides complete information on the Oracle recruitment process to help you easily find employment with the Company.
Please, continue reading:
Oracle Company Overview
Oracle corporation is a leading American multinational computer technology company that can be categorized as a top firm in the Enterprise, Cloud computing and Computer hardware industry.
This Company deals on the sales of database software and technology, enterprise software products, and cloud engineered systems.
As at 2019, Oracle was ranked the second-largest software company in the world by revenue and market capitalization. This alone makes it a major player in the digital industry.
Oracle Corporation was founded by Larry Ellison, Bob Miner, and Ed Oates on 16th June, 1977 and has its headquarters currently at Redwood City, California, United States.
As stated in the first paragraph, Oracle is a multinational Computer Company which literally means it has its operations spanned across the globe.
Some of the products that can be attributed to Oracle Corporation include: Oracle Applications, Oracle Database, Oracle Cloud, Enterprise Manager, Fusion Middleware, Servers, Workstations, and Storage.
In addition, some of their services include: Business software, applications, and consulting.
Oracle Hiring Process
Getting a job at Oracle Corporation is never going to be an easy process or a straight walkover, however if you play your cards well then you stand a good chance of having a blissful career with Oracle. So this article is going to show you how.
First thing you will know is that your application is the first thing that will be submitted to show your interest in working for the corporation.
Here you will be shown the website available for you to submit your application.
Secondly is the interview. The interview will be dissected to show you what you need to know and how best you can prepare for the interview.
To help you do this, we will give you some sample questions to give you a hint on what to expect if you make it to the interview.
The last thing we will help you achieve is to know what to expect working for Oracle Corporation.
This will be mainly from the direction of what you can benefit from working for Oracle Corporation beside your basic salary or pay.
- Oracle Job Application Process
So, now this is how you will apply for any available position at Oracle Corporation: Login to the official website of the company at www.oracle.com.
Here you will find some parameters you can use in doing your job search such as keyword and location.
With these two parameters, you will be able to filter the jobs that are available based on title and location.
So, click on the job that matches the filter parameters you used and this will give you further directions on how you can send in your application.
Note that on this page, you will see some available jobs even before you use the filter feature.
You can click on any that matches your skills and qualifications; else, you can use the filter feature to get the exact job you want.
2. Oracle Interview Process
The interview stage is divided into 4:
- Online Test: This is centered on asking of questions on core subjects like DS, Networking, OOPS, and Database. This may involve some practice depending on the position you are looking for.
- Technical Interview Round 1: The questions here are tough, no doubt about that. The questions are more of testing your ability in coding.
- Technical interview Round 2: Here is a combination of questions from data structure and what you have in your resume. In this session also puzzles are used to further test your ability on networking related subjects.
- HR Round: This round is more of face to face question and answer with the human resource personnel. Questions here are more general and focus more on behavior and response to daily activities within the workplace.
So, let us consider some sample questions you can expect at Oracle Corporation.
Oracle Corporation Interview Questions
Here are major questions you may be confronted with at an interview with Oracle:
- Introduce yourself please.
- What do you understand by Machine language?
- Can you cite examples where machine language is applicable in life?
- What do you understand by object oriented programming?
- How can you write few classes of WhatsApp application?
- How does autotype work and how can you implement it?
- Have you done a project related to Machine language? If yes, how did you do it?
- What project have you done using MySQL?
- Why did you choose a career in Programming?
- What is your dream as a Programmer?
Oracle Corporation Jobs and Careers
Being a multinational corporation, careers and jobs at Oracle Corporation are majorly based on location (City and Country).
However, here are few major areas you can have a good career at Oracle Corporation:
- Engineering and Development
- Corporate functions
- Support jobs
- Internship for fresh graduates and students.
What to Expect Working for Oracle Corporation
As an employee, working at Oracle Corporation affords you the following benefits:
- Paid Holiday/Time off/Vacation
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Sick Leave
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Free drinks
- Flexible working time
- Casual Dress/Atmosphere in the workplace.
Oracle exists as one of the digital and computing giants known for its various inventions and contributions in the digital industry.
This is down to hiring personnel who are visionary and proactive in their thinking and work ethics.
With this, potential candidates or applicants will need to be on top their computing game to be considered for any job and building a career in Oracle Corporation.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.