Ohio Software Engineer Salary and How to Increase It
The software engineer salary in Ohio is $93,069 yearly.
This post presents complete information on the salary of a software engineer in Ohio, including the cities and companies that pay the highest salaries, to enable you make the best decision concerning working and living in the State of Ohio.
Please, read on:
Ohio is a U.S. State located in the Midwest region. It has a 92.9% cost of living standard for software engineers and $93,069 yearly salary, with an additional bonus of $2,500.
Software engineer salary in Ohio is 18% lower than the National average, with the State been ranked 11th for software engineering jobs across the U.S.
Software Engineer Salary across Ohio Cities
The difference in salary in the State of Ohio between the top ten highest paying cities within the State is 18%, which suggests a very limited salary growth increase.
Cleveland, which is the highest paying city in the State, beats the National average by 0.6%.
Highest Paying Cities for Software Engineers in the State of Ohio
The State of Ohio has many cities within its territories that are home to tech companies and software engineers.
The table below shows the highest paying cities for software engineers in the State of Ohio and how they earn yearly:
|City||Salary Yearly ($)|
Software Engineer Salary Based on Skills in the State of Ohio
Software engineers in Ohio with skills earn more than their counterparts without any form of skill whatsoever, they get an addition to their salary because of the skill they possess.
The list below shows software engineering skills that are in demand in Ohio and how much they impact on the engineer’s yearly salary:
- Scala skilled software engineers in Ohio earn 24.30%, which is an add-on of $22,615 to salary yearly.
- Os Kernel skilled software engineers in Ohio earn 17.55%, which is an add-on of $16,333 to salary yearly.
- Big Data skilled software engineers in Ohio earn 17.35%, which is an add-on of $16,147 to salary yearly.
- Microservices skilled software engineers in Ohio earn 16.13%, which is an add-on of $15,012 to salary yearly.
- Machine Learning skilled software engineers in Ohio earn 11.91%, which translates to $10,898 add-on to salary yearly.
- Data Structures skilled software engineers in Ohio earn 10.99%, which is an add-on of $10,228 to salary yearly.
Software Engineer Salary Based on Experience in the State of Ohio
Ohio software engineers with experience earn higher salaries than their counterparts without any form of experience.
Here are the salaries software engineers earn in Ohio based on their years of experience on the job:
- Below one year experience as software engineer in the State of Oho earns a yearly salary of $78,543.
- 1-2 years of experience as a software engineer in the State of Ohio earns $80,695 yearly.
- 3-5 years of experience as a software engineer in Ohio earn $87,000 yearly.
- 6-9 years of experience as a software engineer in the State of Ohio earns $92,000 yearly.
- 10 years and above experience as a software engineer in the State of Ohio earns $106,743 yearly.
10 Highest Paying Companies for Software Engineers in the State of Ohio
The State of Ohio has many high tech companies and is home to various levels of software engineers with varying salary structures.
The table below shows the highest paying companies for software engineers in the state of Ohio:
|Company||Salary Yearly ($)|
More Benefits for Software Engineer in the State of Ohio
Ohio software engineers get additional benefits that come in the form of cash or long term incentives. Some of these benefits include:
- Stock Options. The software engineer in Ohio is given stocks by the company they work for. These stocks are issued in the name of the engineer and dividends are received during the yearly turnover.
- Visa Assistance. Travelling is part of the software engineer’s job in Ohio and the tech companies in the State assist their engineers to get visas to attend meetings and conferences outside the country.
- Vision Insurance. The Ohio software engineer is vision insured by the company they work for. They help them get vision insurance due to the nature of their job which involves constant starring at the computer which may in the long run affect their vision.
- Food Provided. Taking breaks sometimes is a difficult undertaking for the Ohio software engineer, so the company provides them food at such difficult times mostly during the start or ending of an application.
- Gym Membership. To keep in shape software engineers in Ohio are given gym membership to top gym clubs within the city. This helps put them in shape and mentally alert at all times.
What Related Job Titles to Software Engineers Earn in the State of Ohio
Some jobs are closely related in titles to that of the software engineer, the State of Ohio has a host of them all working and living in the State:
- Backend developer in the State of Ohio earns $98,861 as yearly salary.
- Full stack developer in the State of Ohio earns a yearly salary of $93,886.
- Frontend developer in the State of Ohio earns a yearly salary of $86,523.
- Application developer in the State of Ohio earns $74,324 as yearly salary.
- Developer in the State of Ohio earns $34,614 as yearly salary.
Software Engineer Job and Salary Outlook in the State of Ohio
Ohio is ranked the 11th best State in the U.S. where software engineers can work and live in.
Ohio has an 18% lower than National average salary for software engineers ($93,069) and a cost of living which is 92.9%.
Its biggest city Cleveland pays software engineers $66,732 yearly and this beats the national average for software engineers in the U.S. by 0.6%.
Looking ahead, Ohio has a very limited economic advancement, but its cost of living could be a deciding factor for software engineers planning to make that move to Ohio.
How to Increase your Salary as a Software Engineer in the State of Ohio
Working and living in Ohio can be of advantage to the software engineer hoping to get an increase in salary.
Listed below are some of the ways to increase your salary as a software engineer in Ohio:
- Get a good set of skills. Shown above are software engineers’ salaries based on skills, which means that with a good set of skills your salary is bound to rise.
- Get a good degree. Educational degree will also help increase your salary Ohio as a software engineer. A Master’s degree in relevant fields of engineering will boost your salary.
- Relocate. Having got a good set of skills and a good degree and the salary is still low, then the next thing you can consider is to move to any of the high paying cities listed above.
- Work for large and high paying companies. Also shown above is a list of high salary paying tech companies in the State of Ohio. Working for one of these companies will greatly be to the software engineers’ advantage, because the hope of an increase in salary is assured.
More Career Opportunities for Software Engineers in the State of Ohio
Software engineer in Ohio have a vast field of careers open to them. Listed below are some of these career opportunities in the state of Ohio:
- Aerospace engineer in the State of Ohio earns a yearly salary of $110,000.
- Computer hardware engineer in the State of Ohio earns $102,000 yearly salary.
- Computer network architect in Ohio earns $97,000 as yearly salary.
- Mechatronics engineer in Ohio earns a yearly salary of $89,000.
- Sales engineer in Ohio earns $87,000 yearly.
- Petroleum engineer in Ohio earns a yearly salary of $83,000.
Software engineers in Ohio, a Midwest State of U.S. get paid a yearly salary of $93,069, in addition to $2,500 bonus.
The major selling point for Ohio is the low cost of living in the State, which is a major attraction for software engineers.