This post presents complete information on the job description of a senior payroll tax specialist, to boost your knowledge of the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that they perform.
What Does a senior payroll tax specialist Do?
The senior payroll tax specialist works on an organization’s tax compliance, income taxes, tax planning, and processing of tax returns.
He/she has the responsibility to supervise and study about originating tax planning and tax laws, as well as savings that reduce tax bills.
His/her job description entails assembling all necessary government documents with regards to taxes and providing explanations to pressing tax issues.
He/she will be a point of connection for working with human resource control.
He/she functions in activities mandatory for the precise estimation of taxes, handling of records and distribution of withheld monies and payroll tax reports.
The role also involves working as a resource offering leadership to payroll tax experts.
Senior payroll tax specialists give authorization to and evaluate or input payroll operations and associated data.
This will necessitate them to complete necessary forms and adjust salary and wage account funds, so as to rectify and ensure balances in specialized situations.
Their duties also include carrying out research and evaluating or settling complicated technical issues or queries forwarded by colleagues, department personnel and external company representatives.
The specialist of payroll tax working in a senior position in an organization will also be responsible for working on and documenting various local, state, and federal records, consisting of, but not restricted to NRA tax records, as well as to closing reports made monthly, quarterly and annually.
He/she gives responses to external agency inquiries for optimum production.
He/she will then suggest or participate in creating new and improved policies and procedures associated with payroll transactions.
Senior Payroll Tax Specialist Post Sample/Example/Template
The following job description sample shows essential duties, tasks, and responsibilities which are usually assigned to payroll tax specialists in senior position to perform:
- Work as a specialist on payroll subject matter and as a resource to other personnel in the aspect of processing payroll
- Evaluate, validate, and analyze payroll documents and reports for veracity; and perform the appropriate modifications or adjustments through entry of records or other approved procedures
- Work on and analyze intricate issues which require comprehensive knowledge of payroll procedures and policies
- Give the green light to exclusions to policies within outlined limits
- Perform research, and explain various intricate specialized information in reaction to requests
- Offer advice and suggestions; giving guidance to staff and management on procedures and rules operating in the organization
- Evaluate yearly tax questionnaires from customers; connect with clients, trust administrators, tax authorities and advocates, to handle the suitable information for customers
Senior Payroll Tax Specialist Job Description for Resume
As an essential tool for job hunting, it is important to have a well written resume ready when seeking a new job as a senior payroll tax specialist.
To prepare one, you can find useful information in the job description example above, which can help you in creating the work experience section of the resume.
Senior Payroll Tax Specialist Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Career Success
In order to be well adjusted and be successful working in the position of the senior payroll tax specialist, the candidate aspiring to this position must possess the following skills, knowledge, and other aptitude and educational background.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, management and accounting is necessary
- The capability to function well under pressure and bring out the desired results
- Practical experience of GAAP is mostly desirable
- Good knowledge of the use of Hyperion and SAP to allow extraction of data and reconciliation
- At least four years of experience in processing payroll, two of which must be in a tax/clerical accounting position