Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Job Description Sample
A senior business intelligence analyst gives account directly to the CFO but maintains a cordial working relationship with the CEO and other top management associates, as well as the executive leadership unit.
His/her job description entails analyzing company’s financial and operative accomplishments.
The candidate for this position develops strategies for minimizing cost, as well as for handling expansion.
He/she will support the senior leadership in creating developmental level innovations via the utilization of accurate data.
This position is of utmost importance to leadership and the board and the candidate is expected to offer data driven intelligence to every aspect of the organization.
He/she will have the role of pioneering multiple projects at the same time.
The senior analyst is also in charge of the advancement, alignment, and positioning of analytics.
This professional will offer analysis of existing and recommended programs.
He/she will enhance information solutions via knowledge of manifold and network resources, and take part in research projects ranging from development of utilization studies to evaluation and outcome studies.
He/she will be responsible for the research and writing of recommendations for new business advancement as required.
It is expected of the intelligence analyst to organize and fulfill all business prerequisites and also mentor and train personnel in analysis as often as necessary.
Job Description Sample for the Position of Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Senior business intelligence analysts’ job descriptions majorly consist of such key duties, tasks, and responsibilities as those given in the sample job description below:
- Generate summary and specified dashboard accounts which represent operational data in brief and intelligible format, suitable for the target audience, which includes executive leadership department managers and executive board of directors.
- Establish, support, and apportion data tools to the unit managers. He/she will actively determine prospective data and analytical requests to give support to management requirements.
- Carry out quality assessment of data, data reports and the accompanying decisions.
- Establish cost of models so as to suggest cost savings enhancement procedures and decision making business.
- Liaise with executive leadership to spearhead the organization in employing data-motivated decision making.
- Conduct analysis of findings and offer action-driven recommendations and insights to executive leaders and managers on the basis of results.
- Trail industry yard stick, trends and benchmarks, and convey such information to executive leaders.
The above example of senior business intelligence analyst job description can be employed in writing a resume to be used for seeking employment for the position.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for the position of Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Some of the knowledge, aptitude and qualities which employers normally look out for in a typical applicant for the senior position as business intelligence analyst include:
- A first degree in business related courses such as business administration or an equivalent course combination of education and practical work experience will be considered.
- Minimum of five years related practical and relevant work experience.
- Outstanding knowledge of essential business targets.
- Excellent knowledge of the procedures of managing projects.
- Remarkable knowledge of financial systems, computer systems, spreadsheets, and electronic record systems.
- Unique experience in analyzing and carrying out interpretations by utilizing intricate data sets.
- Impressive experience in designing managerial level presentations and reports.
- Outstanding experience of government policies and programs.
- Unique skills in generating efficient, reliable working relationships with board, staff, and customers.
- Outstanding skills in finding resolution to complicated problems while performing independently in a multifaceted and dynamic environment.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.