Senior Audit Manager Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
If you are looking for information about the job description of a senior audit manager, then you will find this post helpful. You will discover the duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the senior audit manager work description.
You will also find this article valuable if you are looking to work as a senior audit manager, to learn what are usually required by organizations when hiring for the position.
Please, keep reading:
What Does a Senior Audit Manager Do?
Senior audit managers assist in the development of the annual audit plan, as well as execute and schedule audit engagements and other tasks per approved 12-month audit plan.
They also perform audit work, review the output of subordinates, and complete special projects assigned to their team.
The senior audit manager job description also entails monitoring the activities of other auditors, ensuring that objectives are achieved and assigned tasks are completed on time.
A senior audit manager also aids in generating and presenting supervisory committee presentations and reports that guides the committee in the successful execution of their responsibilities.
The Internal Audit Manager (IAM) is assisted by the deliverables from the role in providing independent assurance to SACU’s Supervisory Committee and Leadership that SACU’s risk management, internal processes, and governance, are operating effectively to ensure reliability of compliance with procedures, regulations, financial reporting, laws, policies, and the safeguard of assets
The senior audit manager work description may also involve leading the planning, development, implementation, compilation, and preparation or maintenance of Internal Audit activities, such as the Annual Audit Risk Assessment, management action plans, training initiatives, IA performance metrics, and regulator requests.
Generally, the senior auditor is accountable to assisting the IAM in building, maintaining, and continuously improving the Internal Audit (IA) unit, and creating an atmosphere where teamwork and trust exist, motivating staff to bring their best to the table while furthering the vision of the cooperative and unit.
Senior Audit Manager Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Senior audit mangers perform various functions in ensuring the development and execution of an organization’s annual audit plan.
Shown below are major tasks, duties, and responsibilities a senior audit manager’s job description is commonly made up of:
- Implementing the audit plan designed by the Internal Audit Manager
- Planning and performing financial and operational audits
- Identifying business process risks
- Creating various testing methods to evaluate the adequacy of controls
- Documenting the results of the evaluations
- Deciding the best ways to schedule projects/audits
- Decide how best to allocate audit resources, and improve audit procedures/processes
- Oversee each work performed by peers or subordinates
- Resolve issues that fall out of normal procedures
- Create an audit engagement scope
- Make sure that field work(s) are completed
- Prepare audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed
- Carry out complex analysis and resolving complicated issues that require high precision
- Design creative ways to train subordinates, and monitor output delivery
- Decide how best to respond to customers, while increasing quality and pace overtime
- Identifying and preventing issues and taking time to nullify negative impacts or increase benefits
- Report to the Supervisory Committee and to organization’s management, audit results, and observations
- Offer functional training and advice to Internal Audit staff and mentors less-experienced and new team members
- Working independently, receiving day-to-day instructions, with general guidance on assignments
- Coming up with ways to improve processes, services, and products to internal and external customers.
Senior Audit Manager Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge for Career Success
When recruiting for the senior audit manager position, employers or HR managers expect prospective candidates to possess certain skills, abilities, and knowledge, as well as qualifications and experience to apply for the job.
Prospective employees are expected to have these qualities as part of the requirements to fulfill to access the job, to prove that they will be effective in carrying out the obligations, objectives, and purpose of the senior audit manager role at the organization if hired.
These requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or in a related discipline
- Possess 5+ years of audit experience, financial institution experience desirable
- Possess 5 years of management experience
- Should be a Certified CIA or CPA (or actively working towards earning a designation)
- Have a robust working knowledge of accounting theory and practice
- Should be familiar with financial institution laws and regulations and best practices
- Have a good understanding of internal controls
- Possess sound knowledge of business risks and practices, and business process improvements
- Have knowledge of Institute of Internal Auditor’s standards
- Must possess management, organizational, team building, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Strong analytical, statistical, and problem-solving skills
- Must be skilled in planning, productivity, and workload management
- Possess a high level of work ethic and integrity
- Should be able to multi-task and meet established deadlines
- Ability to investigative records, history, audits, and many more
- Possess effective negotiation and relationship skills and in working will all levels of management
- Ability to see sensitive issues for timely communication and/or escalation
- Should be able to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Must be able to share information appropriately with awareness of its effect on others
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills
- Demonstrate the ability to clearly provide written reports that clearly summarize issues
- Ability to present solutions in an understandable and logical manner
- Must be proficiency in Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and other utility applications (e.g. ACL/IDEA).
If you are an HR manager or recruiter hiring for the senior audit manager role, you will find the sample job description and information provided in this post helpful in crafting the perfect description of the role for your organization.
Publishing a detailed description that covers the duties and responsibilities that the successful candidate will perform working as a senior audit manager in your organization will help properly inform interested persons for the position about what the job entails.
This will increase your chances of finding the best qualified candidates to fill the available senior audit manager position.
You will also find this article helpful if you are interested in the senior audit manager career. You will gain profound knowledge of what the role entails, and so will be in a better position to make the right decisions about the career.
Senior Audit Manager Job Description for Resume
The sample senior audit manager job description shown above will also help you to make a resume for the position.
You can quickly and effectively complete the job or professional experience section of your senior audit manager resume by applying the duties and responsibilities of the role provided on this page.
Did this post help you understand what the duties and responsibilities of a senior audit manager are? Please, leave a comment in the box below. You can also discuss your job description if you work as a senior audit manager.