Senior Audit Associate Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
If you are searching for the senior audit associate job description to learn about what they do, this post will provide the information you are looking for.
You will discover the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly constitute the senior audit associate work description.
You will also learn the requirements for the senior audit associate role that recruiters commonly ask job seekers to have to qualify for the position.
What Does a Senior Audit Associate Do?
Senior audit associates are responsible for overseeing the auditing processes in an organization.
They are usually knowledgeable in both public and private sector of accounting, including legal, healthcare, staffing, distribution, manufacturing, and retail industries through preparations of client inquiry, work papers, and observation during fieldwork visits.
The senior audit associate job description also includes duties such as planning processes, finding ways to increase compliance, planning auditing processes, conducting risk assessments, and assigning tasks to junior staff.
Senior audit associates are required to execute all phases of the audit process, including financial analysis, planning, substantive testing, and issuance of opinion; present audit findings to management and prepare financial statements.
Senior Audit Associates Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Senior audit associates perform various functions in ensuring effective oversight of auditing duties in an organization.
The following job description example shows typical senior audit associate duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Plan, develop strategies and supervise fieldwork team in all phases of an audit engagement
- Prepare financial statements and require disclosures in compliance with policy and regulations
- Perform planning, creating, and developing assignments
- Identifying and resolving assurance engagement
- Work closely with staff and partners on practice development and client management
- Perform reviews of clients for compliance with Uniform Guidance/Circular A-133
- Monitor engagement status and budget requirements for profitable and timely completion
- Research technical issues that arise during an engagement
- Develop and interact relationships with accounting staff, CFOs, and Controllers
- Train and manage teams (up to three members) with or without any experience
- Carry out private and public audits of financial statements in accordance with PCAOB and GAAP standards
- Help clients implement and test Sarbanes Oxley controls
- Listen to subordinates needs
- Carry out substantive audit procedures over various income statement and balance sheets
- Frequently perform analytical procedures to identify unusual or unexpected trends in relation to expectation and performance
- Conduct internal control test work and perform walkthroughs to ensure compliance with COSO framework
- Report issues immediately to the engagement team and collaborate to resolve them
- Communicate with audit senior management to create more efficient testing strategies using data.
Senior Audit Associate Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge for Career Success
When hiring for the senior audit associate role, employers generally require prospective applicants to meet some specific requirements to show that they are the perfect fit for the job and can effectively perform the obligations, objectives, and purpose of the role.
Shown below are major requirements that prospective applicants seeking the senior audit associate job must meet to be hired:
- Possession of a degree in Accounting or its equivalent
- Must have strong technical accounting skills with proficiency in SSA, SFRS, ISA, and SFRS
- Must be able to lead and supervise projects
- Possess excellent communication and client service skills
- Have strong presentation, written, and verbal skills
- Should be able to manage multiple engagements and compete priorities in a suitable environment
- Willing to collaborate and build rapport effectively with others
- Showcase strong mentoring, recruiting, leadership, and training skills
- Have project management, organizational, and analytical skills
- Have strong computer skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and audit preparation software
- Ability to work extra hours when such need arises
- Be willing to travel to different clients sites as needed
- Possess a minimum of 3 to 5 years of progressive audit experience
- Should reside and be able to work in the country where the organization is situated
- Should be productive in an inclusive and collaborative work environment
- Must have sound judgment regarding sensitive and confidential matters
- Have an excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Should be able to pay attention to accuracy and detail
- Possess good work ethic and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Have good interpersonal relationship skills
- Possess excellent critical thinking ability to provide the solution to challenges
- Excellent stress and time management skills
- Must possess great mental and emotional stability
- Possess strong ability to work under intense pressure
- Possess excellent psychological skills
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent social skills
- Ability to remain calm and patient when faced with challenging situations.
If you are a recruiter, HR manager, or employer, needing to hire for a vacant senior audit associate position in your organization, you will need to publish a detailed description of the role, which the successful candidate will perform.
You can apply the sample senior audit associate job description provided above as a template in making a description for the role for your company.
This will help interested individuals for the position to use the job description you provide in assessing themselves for suitability for the position. And that means, you will be able to attract the best qualified and capable persons to your offer.
This post is also helpful to those interested in the senior audit associate career. They will be able to learn and increase their knowledge of the duties and responsibilities associated with the senior audit associate job.
Senior Audit Associate Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a resume for a senior audit associate position, you will be able to complete the job experience section of the resume by applying the duties and responsibilities presented in the job description example above.
Did this article help you gain better understanding of what senior audit associates do? Please, leave a comment in the box below. You may also discuss your job description if you work as an audit associate at a senior level.