Looking for a receptionist job in this competitive employment market place as ours needs you to have a good resume.
Employers will always want to see your resume for them to know more about your job history, skills, knowledge, and qualification for the job.
Their goal is to hire the best receptionist they can find, and the first step to achieving it is to read through all applicants’ resumes and pick a handful they feel are the best, which they would invite for an interview.
You will not likely be invited to the interview if your resume is not good and compelling enough, and you will therefore not get the job.
To prepare a great resume, you could hire the services of professional resume writers, or you could learn how to write it and go ahead to create one whenever you need to send one to an employer.
Learning the skill of writing resumes is not difficult, one of the best ways to achieve it is to get a couple of well written receptionist resumes prepared by experts as samples or examples, and study them.
Using them as templates, you can learn how the various sections are carefully created, follow through the format to create yours.
Below is a good example of receptionist resume that you can use as template in writing effective resumes that can take you through the door.
Receptionist Resume Example/Sample/Template
123 Down Street • Atlanta, Georgia • 33333 • Home: (222) 333-4444, Cell: (111) 111-1111 • email@example.com
OBJECTIVE: Desire the position of Receptionist in a challenging environment that provides opportunity to sharpen my skills and expand my knowledge to get to the top of my potential and the profession.
Exceptionally talented, outgoing, professionally dependable, and detailed-oriented receptionist with sound experience attending to clients, customers, associates, and other callers.
- Two years experience as dependable receptionist in a medical facility
- Confident and outgoing personality
- Independent judgment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with excellent ability to relate cordially with people from diverse background
- Strong proficient in computer typing and 10-key touch, and familiar with Word and Excel
- Strong ability to present self in a professional image to associates, callers, and customers with enthusiasm
- Strong ability to work with MS Word, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office products.
Lake View Medical Center, ATL
2011 – Present
- Answer multi-line phone of 30-40 incoming calls per hour expediently and efficiently, screening and forwarding calls, receiving messages, scheduling appointments, gathering and sending out information
- Greet guests courteously, establish reason for their visit, and direct them to appropriate departments
- Send information to clients utilizing such tools as the computer, mail, and facsimile machine
- Maintain daily record of staff members’ availability and whereabouts
- Collect mails, sort and distribute them appropriately to staff or departments, and maintain mail-room
- Responsible for preparing and sending out of organization’s mails through courier deliveries
- Open and close the office daily
- Ensure the work room and break room are well maintained
- Supervise transportation or taxi service as required
- Review and preserve the Group/Regional phone list
- Responsible for ensuring clean and tidy appearance of lobby and conference room and maintaining conference room calendars
- Relate with all levels of management
- Execute various clerical tasks as required
- Perform filing and maintenance of records
- Provide general accounting assistance as required.
EDUCATION AND CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
- High school diploma.
You will also like:
>> Create a professional resume in only 3 steps with the Awesome Resume Builder (it's free!) and increase your interview call ups.