Real Estate Administrative Assistant Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post presents exhaustive information on the job description of a real estate administrative assistant, to help you learn what they do.
It presents the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly make up the real estate administrative assistant work description.
It also presents the major requirements recruiters/employers may want you to fulfill to be hired for the real estate administrative assistant role.
Please, continue reading to improve your knowledge of the real estate administrative assistant career:
What Does a Real Estate Administrative Assistant Do?
A real estate administrative assistant is responsible for carrying out a variety of administrative and clerical tasks which may include providing support to agents and employees, providing assistance in day-to-day office needs, and managing the real estate company’s administrative activities.
His/her job description may include performing routine clerical and administrative duties such as organizing files, preparing documents, scheduling appointments, and supporting other staff and/or workers when required.
In other words, a real estate administrative assistant refers to one whose professions is to support and work closely with a real estate team by carrying out tasks which may include telephone duties, ordering supplies, preparation and distribution of marketing materials, documentation, reports, and so on.
One of the major tasks of a real estate administrative assistant is to communicate with clients and relate friendly to them by greeting them, answering the telephone and providing answers to any questions on enquiries they may have, and also making follow-up calls.
He/she is also responsible for scheduling meetings, preparing correspondence, and making travel arrangements.
A real estate administrative assistant is also saddled with the responsibility of preparing real estate forms and documents, and ensuring that all necessary and important real estate documents are well-kept and maintained.
It is also the duty of a real estate administrative assistant to coordinate showings, assist at open houses, and also obtain feedback.
Real estate administrative assistants may also be required to order supplies, prepare and distribute marketing materials, and also develop and maintain electronic and paper filing systems.
They are also responsible for preparing listing materials and posting property listings, while also assisting with closing processes and carrying out other duties as required.
To become a real estate administrative assistant, some of the required skills and qualities you are expected to have include computer proficiency and familiarity with relevant computer software, such as Microsoft Office; ability to work independently as part of a team, and strong numeracy and organizational skills.
Others are critical thinking and problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, and excellent verbal and written communication skills; previous experience in the real estate industry, good decision making skills, and excellent time management skills.
In terms of academic qualifications, the ideal candidates for the real estate administrative assistant job are required to have at least a High School Diploma/GED since a degree is not necessarily required.
Real estate administrative assistant salary: According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary for a real estate administrative assistant is $39,850 annually.
Real Estate Administrative Assistant Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Real estate administrative assistants perform the responsibilities:
- Providing assistance to the real estate administrator and/or agent
- Managing and screening incoming calls that are related to real estate deals
- Ensuring that real estate documents, agreements, and lease records are well-maintained and organized
- Tracking and monitoring payments and obligations
- Handling multiple real estate and construction projects
- Managing and maintaining a client database and preparing reports with details of deals, contracts, and payments
- Providing assistance and support to real estate administrators in the process of handling sales, leasing and rental activities
- Liaising and coordinating with real estate attorneys in handling legal issues.
Real Estate Administrative Assistant Job Description for Resume
If you are making a new resume or CV and have held the position of real estate administrative assistant before, or are presently working in that position, it is important to include the professional experience section in the resume.
With a well-written professional or work experience section in your resume, you will be able to inform the recruiter/employer how effective and successful you have been performing the duties and responsibilities of a real estate administrative assistant.
This piece of information can be very useful in getting the recruiter/employer to consider giving you an interview and eventually the job, especially if the new position that you are seeking requires having some real estate administrative assistant work experience.
You can quickly and easily create a compelling professional experience section for your resume or CV by applying the real estate administrative assistant job description example above.
Real Estate Administrative Assistant Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the real estate administrative assistant role, here are major requirements most recruiters/employers may want you to fulfill to be hired:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, since a real estate administrative assistant must liaise with clients and other staff
- Good decision-making skills, since a real estate administrative assistant must often prioritize tasks and make decisions on behalf of his or her employer
- Strong interpersonal skills, since he/she must interact and liaise with customers and clients and also work cooperatively with other staff
- Strong organizational skills, since a real estate administrative assistant must efficiently and effectively keep files, folders, and schedules in a proper order
- Excellent multitasking skills and the ability to perform efficiently and effectively under pressure
- Several years of professional and/or proven-work experience in related field/position
- At least a High School Diploma/GED since a degree is not necessarily required.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the real estate administrative assistant career. They will be able to learn all they need to know about the real estate administrative assistant job and then be able to decide if it’s the right career for them.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers looking to hire the best people for the vacant real estate administrative assistant role in their companies.
They can create a detailed description of the job for use in the recruitment process by applying the sample real estate administrative assistant job description above.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.