Quality Checker Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the job description of a quality checker, to increase your knowledge of what they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the quality checker work description in most organizations.
It also presents the major requirements employers/recruiters commonly want individuals seeking the quality checker job to fulfill to be hired.
Please, continue reading to learn more about the quality checker career:
What Does a Quality Checker Do?
A quality checker is one who is saddled with the duty of inspecting goods produced or procured to ensure they are up to either the company or regulatory body’s standards.
This means that quality checkers are concerned about two things: the standard quality expected by the organization or the standard laid out by the prevailing regulatory body, or both.
They are to ensure that the goods procured or produced by their companies meet the necessary standards.
Quality checkers, who are also called quality control checkers or quality assurance officers are highly sought after in organizations like banks, manufacturing, engineering, automotive, textile, pharmaceutical, and processing companies; government agencies and even universities.
They are trusted by companies to use their expertise to determine the needed standard for each product.
In most of the organizations listed above, quality checkers test run or use some of the products of the company and make their observations, criticisms, and recommendations.
This helps the organizations or companies to make the necessary adjustments.
Quality Checker Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Shown below are typical duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the quality checker job description:
- Records number and types of defect noticed or encountered while sampling some products
- Tests for durability of company’s products
- Keeps in touch with the relevant regulatory authorities in a given geographical location
- Supervises the operation in the organization to ensure that all processes involved are competent to meet up with the desired output
- Advises the management on what to do to keep maintaining high standards of products
- Works in tandem with warehouse checkers or keepers to keep track of products acquired by the organization and their change in quality if there is any
- Performs regular quality check on the incoming goods to ensure they are what that is required
- Makes independent research about how best to ensure efficiency in quality of products from the company
- Makes market research to know what customers in the marketplace want in terms of quality at a given price
- Could serve as a coach to the production team on how to improve output
- Gives report to the relevant quality control bodies as a routine duty
- Could be needed in the decision making process of the organization
- Recommends outright rejection of goods or products that fall short of the standards of the organization or quality control regulatory body
- Keeps record of inspections for future reference
- Works with blueprints and plans to know how the needed quality could be accomplished.
Quality Checker Job Description for Resume
If you are making a new resume or CV, you can apply the sample quality checker job description above in creating an effective professional experience section for your resume if you have worked before or presently holding the job of a quality checker.
The professional or work experience section is a powerful part of your resume where you highlight the duties and responsibilities that you effectively carried out or are presently performing as a quality checker.
This section shows proof to the recruiter/employer that you have the needed experience to succeed on the role that you are applying for if it requires the quality checker work experience.
Quality Checker Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the job of a quality checker, here are major requirements you may be expected to meet to be hired:
- Education: Applicants for the quality checker position should possess a diploma or an equivalent qualification in addition to a certification in quality control, which is highly preferred
- Experience: He/she should possess minimum of 2 years of experience in the quality checker role in any organization or in a similar role
- Knowledge: He/she should have sufficient knowledge of the basic operations involved in ensuring steady and unwavering product quality. Also, he/she should be acquainted with all relevant laws in the country in regards to quality control
- Computer skills: He/she should boast of excellent knowledge of statistical and database software in addition to general IT skills.
Skills: below are the basic skills that will be needed in the quality checker job:
- Confidence: He/she should have confidence in him/herself and what he/she is capable of doing. A quality checker should be able to exude confidence always. This could go a long way to determining how his/her recommendations would be taken
- Excellent technical skills: This is important as he/she should understand the basic operations in this job, especially test running products and determining or pinpointing faults or defects
- Good mathematical and statistical skills: A whole lot of mathematical/statistical skills will be needed in this job. A good quality checker should be able to get meaningful statistics to serve as a guide to his/her operation and recommendations to the organization’s hierarchy
- Leadership skills: He/she may not do this job all alone. So, leadership skills will be needed to organize a team of quality checkers to ensure each one does his/her work as expected
- Planning and organizational skills: He/she should be able to plan ahead of time and organize activities to ensure the activities and routines are not hindered or hampered in any way
- Effective communication: He/she should be able to communicate his/her findings to the team and organization, as well as make workable recommendations to the management
- Interpersonal skills: He/she should be able to establish a working relationship with the team and every other person in the organization
- Problem solving skills: He/she should be able to go beyond detecting faults or recording product defects. Should be able to proffer long term solutions to quality related problems
- Teamwork: He/she should be able to work in a team while also having the ability to work alone
- IT skills: He/she should have excellent knowledge of statistical applications as well as database software. General IT skills will be needed too.
- Professionalism: The quality checker job requires professionalism at the highest level. So, the approach to this role should be that of getting the job done in no time. Also, ensure that jobs are carried out with little or no margin for errors.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in becoming a quality checker; they will be able to learn all they need to know about the duties and responsibilities the career entails.
This will help them to make an informed decision as to whether the quality checker career is right for them or not.
This post is equally helpful to recruiters and employers to find the job description sample they can use in making one for the quality checker position in their organizations.