Warehouse Checker Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the job description of a warehouse checker, to help you learn what they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the warehouse checker work description in most organizations.
It also presents the major requirements most recruiters/employers will want you to fulfill if you are seeking the warehouse checker job.
Please, continue reading to learn more about the warehouse checker career:
What Does a Warehouse Checker Do?
A warehouse checker is an individual hired on either permanent, part time, or contract basics, to check, process, receive, examine, and store all incoming and existing goods in the warehouse.
A warehouse keeper is seen as the keeper of the storehouse or warehouse of the organization.
He/she takes inventory of incoming goods, sold goods and stored goods to ensure accuracy and proper accountability to the employer.
Warehouse checkers work closely with the Sales and Procurement department to ensure that goods are made available to the customers in the marketplace at all times.
They do this through good collaboration and effective communication established within the team.
Warehouse checkers could play a key role in the growth of the organization by offering sound, practicable, and workable advice to the leadership of the organization, intimating them with the state of the goods and other conditions that could affect the quality of goods overtime.
This is done to ensure the healthy state of goods in the warehouse.
To maintain the quality of goods in the warehouse, the checker operates machines and other tools used in the warehouse to ensure that goods are kept in the best possible conditions.
Warehouse Checker Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The list below shows the typical tasks, duties, and responsibilities that make up the warehouse checker job description:
- Checks, processes, and clears customers’ orders for shipments
- Keeps the warehouse and its environs clean to ensure safety
- Operates, cleans, and maintains all the equipment used in the warehouse
- Sorts, arranges, and labels all the goods in the warehouse
- Receives and examines all the incoming goods on behalf of the organization
- Wears safety gears needed in the warehouse
- Prepares all orders by the customers for shipment or for nearby purchase
- Opens all containers having the incoming goods of the company
- Collaborates with the procurement and sales department of the organization to ensure regular availability of goods
- Keeps inventory or record of the movement of goods in and out of the organization
- Could also offer valuable advice to the management of the organization on goods procurement and marketing strategies if need be.
Warehouse Checker Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a resume or CV as one who has worked before as a warehouse checker or are currently working in that position, you should have the professional experience section in your resume.
This section helps you to effectively inform the recruiter/employer that you have been successful performing the duties and responsibilities of a warehouse checker.
You can apply the warehouse checker job description example provided above in making a detailed professional experience section for your resume or CV.
Warehouse Checker Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for a Successful Career
If you are seeking the job of a warehouse checker, the following are major requirements you may be expected to fulfill by employers/recruiters:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management is mostly required for this job
- Experience: Applicants should be experienced in the basic operations of the warehouse like stacking, arrangement, and cleaning of the warehouse, and operation of the machines in the warehouse. A minimum of 2 years working experience in any reputable organization is a plus for any candidate
- Knowledge: They should be knowledgeable in receipt, inspection, storage, and management of goods in the warehouse. In addition, a good knowledge of inventory systems is a must for this job
- Computer skills: Efficient knowledge and use of Microsoft office suite.
Skills: Below are the basic skills that will be needed in this role:
- Critical thinking: This precedes problem solving skills. To impress in this job, a warehouse checker should be able to think things through to determine the next line of action at every given instant
- Reading comprehension: Applicants should be able to read the details on goods, including manuals in case of electronics or machines. He/she should also be able to understand basic jargons applicable to certain goods
- Speaking skill: This helps in different ways like communicating with customers, procurement and sales department, and also the management of the organization on any needed discussion or reporting
- Writing skill: The applicants should have excellent writing skills as a way to relay information that needs to be done in writing
- Active listening: A lot of orders will be done regularly, so the warehouse checker should have good listening skills to comprehend what the customer wants and also adhere to instructions from the management
- Social perceptiveness: He/she should be clever enough to know what others feel about him/her and the job and adjust accordingly
- Coordination: He/she should be able to carry out activities as planned and not out of impulse most of the times
- Monitoring: He/she should be able to monitor his/her activities, the activities of others and the activities in the organization as a whole
- Mathematical skills: This is helpful when having to perform some basic mathematics like addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of working figures
- Service orientation: The individual seeking to become a warehouse checker should be eager to serve customers and repay the faith of the employer by carrying out his/her job smoothly
- Judgment and decision making: He/she should be firm in their decision and proactive in their activities. They should be able to discern what should be done at every point in time
- Time management: He/she should be able to maximize time. Making utmost use of every minute and hour in the workplace to increase his/her output and efficiency
- Complex problem solving skills: He/she should be able to bring solution to the table when needed
- Quality control analysis: He/she should develop keen eyes to know when quality has dropped. He/she should be highly detailed in his/her analysis to ensure accuracy and efficient recommendation
- Active learning: He/she should be flexible enough to learn new techniques in this job and apply them when and where necessary
- Persuasion: He/she should be skilled verbally to convince others to see things in his/her way
- Professionalism: The applicant should be professional in his/her approach to the job. He/she should be able to realize that working hours require work and nothing else except on permission to engage in an extracurricular activity during working hours.
This post is helpful to individuals who are interested in the warehouse checker career, to increase their knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of the job.
This information will enable them to make the right decision about getting into the warehouse checker career or not.
This post is equally beneficial to employers/recruiters who are looking to hire competent individuals for the warehouse checker position in their organizations.
They can apply the sample warehouse checker job description provided above in making one for your organization.