This post presents detailed information on the quality assurance specialist job description, including the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities they commonly perform.
It also highlights the major requirements you may be expected to meet to be hired for the quality assurance specialist role by most employers/recruiters.
What Does a Quality Assurance Specialist Do?
Depending on the industry they work in, quality assurance specialists are responsible for inspecting or manually testing products before, during, or after the manufacturing process to ensure set standards are met.
The quality assurance specialist job description also include running and monitoring inspection equipment, as well as recording and analyzing quality data.
Quality assurance specialists work in a wide variety of industries including the telemarketing, transportation, software, food production, and the public consulting industry.
A quality assurance specialist in a food production company implements technical oversight programs that help maintain food safety and ensure compliance with regulatory standards for public distribution centers.
This includes conducting risk-based facility audits, providing guidance and coaching related to food safety practices and overall food safety compliance. They usually report to food safety and sanitation managers.
In performing their duties, quality assurance specialists confirm that audit procedures are properly carried out and assigned tasks duly performed.
Their role also involves determining the overall quality of a product by conducting and evaluating various tests to ensure set specifications are met.
They resolve major quality problems at production facilities, warehouses and market areas as necessary.
It is the responsibility of a quality assurance specialist to educate and instruct company personnel on recommended quality assurance testing, methodologies, and resources required to achieve standards set for a product.
They discuss quality evaluation with quality assurance managers, making appropriate recommendations and designing schedules for improvement and corrections.
They function as information source in a quality assurance department where they assist in developing special department projects, and work in conjunction with the manager and quality assurance services.
The quality assurance specialist work description also entails providing training to staff on compliance with regulations, policies, and standard operating procedures.
They also partner with supervisors to identify training needs and error-tend rates for specific units; providing accurate reports to department project leads.
To be hired for the quality assurance specialist job requires at least a degree in computer science, business administration, or in other related course.
It also requires experience in quality inspection, auditing and testing, as well as attention to details, communication skills, data collection, management and analysis, teamwork and organizational skills to succeed in it.
Quality Assurance Specialist Job Description Example/Template
Quality assurance specialists perform various functions in ensuring that set standards are achieved in the product manufacturing process.
The following is a job description example that shows typical tasks, duties, and responsibilities of people who work as quality assurance specialists:
- Draft assurance policies and procedures
- Interpret and implement quality assurance standards
- Evaluate adequacy of quality assurance standards
- Devise sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
- Review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspections systems
- Plan, conduct, and supervise test and inspection of materials and products to ensure quality is maintained
- Take record of internal audits and other quality assurance activities
- Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues
- Collect and compile statistical quality data
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system
- Develop, recommend, and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- Prepare reports to communicate results of quality inspection activities to management
- Determine the training needs of staff and organize training interventions to achieve quality standards
- Coordinate and support on-suite audits conducted by external providers
- Evaluate corrective actions
- Monitor risk management activities
- Responsible for document management system
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
- Prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Recognize and maintain the confidentiality of all materials in the work setting.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Quality Assurance Specialist Job
If you are applying for the job of a quality assurance specialist and want to know what requirements you need to have to be qualified to access the job, the following are the typical ones to work with:
- Education and Training: The quality assurance specialist job requires a bachelor’s degree in any of computer science and business administration, or in other relevant course
- IT Skill: Quality assurance specialists have strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and databases
- Communication Skill: They must have an excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Teamwork Ability: They must have the ability to work with a certain group of people in the quality assurance services like the manager, supervisors, engineers, and developers towards propelling the organizational needs.
If you are an employer, you can use the sample quality assurance specialist job description in this post to make one for your company if you are hiring for the position.
You can make an effective description for the role with the comprehensive duties and responsibilities of the position highlighted in this article, which will enable you to attract the best candidates to your job offer.
This post also provides helpful information to those looking to start a career as quality assurance specialist; they will have the opportunity to improve their knowledge of the job.